Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Laureate

5 100.00%
  • Baron P. Mortuus

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Crew Battle: Laureate (I.J.L.) vs. Baron P. Mortuus (T.N.L.) - Topical/Poetry

Battle Record
    136-1
    Awards No Show LLL Season Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins

Crew Battle: Laureate (I.J.L.) vs. Baron P. Mortuus (T.N.L.) - Topical/Poetry

Agree on line limit
    Normal battle rules apply
    Drop dope and good luck to both crews
    Both verses are due by midnight pacific this Friday (2/16)

Choose your topic:
    Kodak Moment
    Poker Face
    Some Regrets or No Regrets
    Goodbye My Lover
    The Rabbit Hole
    Public Transport
    All's Fair in Love and War
    The Good the Bad...
    Ignorance is Bliss
    Everyone Dies
    Thoughts of an Artist
    War of Words
    The End of a New Beginning
    Your on your death bed thinking of your life and how you lived it...
    My Life and Times..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Re: Crew Battle: Laureate (I.J.L.) vs. Baron P. Mortuus (T.N.L.) - Topical/Poetry

Yup G/L to Laurete...Check in like i saw a prize.

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins

Re: Crew Battle: Laureate (I.J.L.) vs. Baron P. Mortuus (T.N.L.) - Topical/Poetry

good luck man .
    A few achievements here and there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    37-7

Thoughts of an Artist: My Life and Times

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/2...titled2pi5.jpg
    Peeling scabs feeling the smoke from every drag
    I work up a tantrum, kneeling sad shuffling the bag
    nonsense beats made boxed & ribboned with rags
    Scratching sagged ceilings, I see dancing fags
    pretty pink bodied, by bodied glad-rags- they move
    dipping under low ceilings, afro man- a 70’s groove
    they abuse the welcome but the shuffling continues
    trying to lose themselves in shelves housing BB blues
    I feel melancholic on the chronic leafs puffing high
    getting a high, so I- can enter escapism dancing goodbye
    to failure, to success- a loss of a test was to test the best
    only to learn were as bad as the rest, I jolt up nevertheless
    what’s past is the past, I moonwalk back to the future last
    technology made techno a blast, robotizing motions has
    created new symphonies, natural products of bodies, pass
    the glass- containing liquor to take me to mars so he asks
    “Flower power is really about flowers right?” right I reply
    “It’s about nature that lies beneath where our feet guide,
    us to dance”- glance back to the 90’s ruled by trance
    A-Team were macho in America but puffs in France
    It’s the thoughts of an artist- misty by countless nights
    drinking alcohol to revive a state that declined with fights
    amount less rights bended to make room for a vice- lights
    mock my little room, smock covers her brittle bones
    clocks corrode her dune- of beats made by digital phones
    minimal foam- used to cover up the gramophone it’s hard
    not to remember our glory days, memories covered in garbs
    http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/1...titled1gl6.jpg
    They can’t take away what we once were, so they take our courage
    discouraged we forage through paper ads, mortgaged what we had
    believing the time will return, last night we burned death in turn
    to carry today an old band members ashes housed in a regular urn.

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins

Thoughts of an Artist

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/500360/brain.JPG
    I’m going to open my mind the only way I know how
    Really, here I go, watch, just…

Watch…
    The conflict of interest from business afflictions
    to witness the bridges between the past and the living
    the condemned and forgiving, abomination of faith
    sporadic hate mixed with fate projects a lifeless waste
    Make haste! The ingredients are thrown from above
    As I wonder how to create what I’ve never heard of
    Daydreaming of darkness, and nightmares I find
    To the eyes of the visionaries frozen in time, so

Gaze…
    upon the fragile frame of a weathered imagination
    convulsing in the breezes created by death’s snicker
    The bickering of demons cast by hell’s flicker
    and the Devil’s nation rises to the occasion
    Splattered hope dispatches constellations on white
    as rats connect the dots on the falling tear drops
    you can’t slap a price on the ones time forgot
    As night entices fright to come out of the light

Because…
    Life is random in tandem with fate everlasting
    and the mind of a poet grips the enchanting
    The steaming of breath rising up to the sky
    Gods and angles alike, breathe the same air as I
    Sever the strings attached to deception and lies
    To the invisible it’s critical not to be outlined
    Alas, the thoughts of this Artist are humbled at best
    All pouring out at once through this hole
    In my head…

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-...ot_to_head.jpg

Battle Record
    14-18
    Awards OM HOF PC HOF

well on the real i gotta go with Luareate on this one

he came out strong with those first for line the way they flowed the multis and the pure poetic use of the vocabulary hooked me in the moemnt i started eading it imagery was strong and basically the whole pice was very impressive

Baron
    as you said you ave been off this was a good piece but laureate came much harder you came strong too but you took an inside the box approach to laureates outside the box one and it just seemed way harder to get into o your but i still enjoyed it

V/ laureate

good battle

AI

Battle Record
    91-11

Vote .

Battle Record
    37-7

Yup.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    14-6

Damn good battle @ both..

Baron...your piece had a good feel to it...but you really didn't grasp me as well as Laureate's did...I have seen much better from you...and seeing that you were battlin Laureate I thought you'd come harder than that...still good but not good enough..

Laureate.....your piece grasped my attention right from the start and had me anxious to hear what was next...you were very descriptive...as I envisioned everything mentioned from jump...I loved this piece....it seemed very emotional...

v-Laureate for above reasons...

Battles I need closed

Open Mic's

L.S.
    N.A.
    M.C.

Banned
    Battle Record
    18-19

Baron your verse was cool, it had a respectable flow to it although I read better from you, your topic was pretty original and I liked the theme you choses and the picture really put emphaises on your imagery, although I belive some of the words you choses was it bit bold and forced at times, you should've used smaller more simple words for this piece it'll made you flow alot smoother, the imagery was pretty good I was able to capture what you were tring to convey with in your verse, its just emotional wise I wasn't really getting the gistt of what you were tring to make me feel, your vocabulary was good and pretty vivid at times it's just your wording could've been a bit better I think a thin structure would've went best with this piece instead of the wide spread structure you chosen same as i said with the emotion I just wasn't really catching the atmosphere of this piece, your meta's were good, this was a overall good/okish piece, its jus wasn't one of my favored piece's from you.

Laureate - you topicals are pretty dope I also liked your take and topic of choice you went for the whole death and gory type theme, although I wish you could be more versitile when it comes to chosing topics because this was pretty cliche coming from you all your piece's tend to have this whole blues/emo thing going for it, your storyline was pretty nice although I wish this could've been longer and you could've went on about each section longer so the writter and the character can actualy bond maybe even some dialog in this would've made this dam there perfect, your imagery was nice I enjoyed it, although you didn't stay on the subject for too long your persisive vocabualry influenced a image that I got caught up in, your emotion was actually better than the imagery itself you used the right words to capture a persons emotion, you weren't so uptight and ish about the way you went about this piece, your meta's were pretty much on point you had a nice smooth flow going through out this piece, I really understood and felt the atmosphere in this piece you were tring to sell to me, overall nice piece, although i wih the ending wasn't so dam cliche I mean you could've went a little more depper than that bold ass ending you gave us i mean the whole piece was nice/dope intill the end you went all noobish on me, pfft.

v/laureate - he was more comfortable and flowed anlot more freely and wasn't afraid to express himself he made this feel like a really personal piece and i enjoy thoses types his wording was anlot better than barns too.

Banned
    Battle Record
    18-19

Battle Record
    91-11

vote up guys .

Battle Record
    37-7

Yup.
    Kiss me through the camera lens.
    TNL

Bye bye black bird Poeta Demonio's Avatar
    Battle Record
    18-1
    Awards OM HOF PS Champion/IE Champion PS HOF PS Season champ Legendary PC PC HOF

Okay, laur gets me vote.

Reason: paks flow was very awkward throughout, also his story was jumbled, it just seemed more like a rant than a story... which is cool, but not what i was looking for from the topic... Where as laur came with an actual story, and told it rather well actually... it reminded me alot of my writting in the sense it was pretty graphic on the gore, but i don't think you've quite reached my level of insanity yet dude lol... laur had a well written piece, good word use through-out and overall a better piece, just through keeping me interested. although i was a little dissapointed with the end. It seemed a little cliche, i would have liked a little more ddescription befor it got to that. but good read man.
    AI

“¡Viva la Revolución!”

Battle Record
    91-11

vote, leave links .