scream in agony to be saved.
    Counting on his pace to scare away
    the Crocodile's surrounding banks
    so his vile gaze could scare away
    the cynical bird who sat pinnacle
    to disaster climbing a step latter
    high above the action to simulate
    the way of flight pattern without
    stepping down from his place of instigate.

And the Donkey watched the end
    as the Elephant put his head in hands;
    Began to cry to defend his stance
    and looked up every few minutes
    to check if the crowds had now took behind
    this thin dry bush to hide until his
    .................. Apocalypse had finished.

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287571
    http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287547
    Last edited by Atti; April 19th, 2006 at 06:03 PM

Damn... I'll the feedback I gave today and this is at the bottom? That's fucked up.

Battle Record
    25-4
    When the Crocodile swims...
    on for forty legs of deep miles
    and reaches the black hole beaches
    of Castro's fully loaded isle few of
    our powers can stand to Cuba.

eh ok not great lol ive seen better ways to start off an om

but this was pretty good ur flow was off alot actually but its ok
    cuz u had some good wordplay thru tha drop that made up for it
    ur sctrutre was not that great u could have made it alot better
    tha vocab was 1 of tha best parts of this om cuz it was pretty good
    ur topic lmaooo i never see ppl writing like this it was deff oringal

And the Donkey watched the end
    as the Elephant put his head in hands;
    Began to cry to defend his stance
    and looked up every few minutes
    to check if the crowds had now took behind
    this thin dry bush to hide until his
    .................. Apocalypse had finished.

nice way to end it that was nice

could u plz leave feed on tha om in my sig

Blind is state of Mind. Braille's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-1
    this was pretty cool...not my favorite piece of yours....but it was really enjoyable...i got done with it saying.."that was a nice solid read"
    i really liked the idea of turning a childrens story in a case of severe politics...because really...how far is it from the truth? i mean, it's pretty safe to say that's not what the writers meant...but yet..it's still strangerly relevant and parallel to the truth....pretty interesting..and pretty clever to take something so innocent...and warp it into something so corrupt, while keeping it close to home and close to truth...very nice

the only thing i felt like this lacked....was some of your grammar seemed to be a little...strange? i don't know exactly...just something technical about it...wasn't stroking my eyeballs the way i like...anyways...

i would tell you to stay up...but i know you will anyways...so...good drop
    H.ence
    O.
    F.orward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by P. Mortuus
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I remember when Braille first appeared on the scene, we were all kids and we were in awe of the greying beard and wisdom.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    4-0
    This seemed very poetic to me, so I think you may have been better off dropping it in poetic scriptures...

I really enjoyed this. The images you were able to paint were weird...but clear. Like the user above me said it was nice how you were able to use the theme of a childrens story, and relate it to polotics. Once again this read like a poem to me, and the lines seemed to run on and jus flow. Nice work man.

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287905
    ^ Return the feed if you have the time bro...

*Shrug* This is just the way I write Om's.

You've Earned a Custom Title! The Vortex's Avatar
    Battle Record
    28-5
    lolz..

starts off on a nursery rhyme tip but with a strong theme........works as a poem... but as a rap or even anything remotely inspired by hip hop this doesnt make the cut.......i mean a lot diddnt seem to rhyme.. which is ok for a poem... but......
    had some nice rythm's and had a sort of action packed storyline... the overall imagery was good and i could grasp some sort of picture.. tho not really the most appealing or exicting ending.......i dunno it seemed to get repetitive on the same imagery.. like it seemed bird this, pigeon taht, crocodile this....... ...... and the constant run on sentences made it difficult to catch a flow of this......

interesting idea for a poem tho

.................................................. ......................

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF
    this wasn't as good as your last peice..but it was still very good

it was well written, you showed excellent vocab and the lines were of perfect length in my opinion,becuase they were short and to the point, which is what I like to see. I like the storyline of this peice was very strong, the topic itself was completely original and I can't help but wonder how you cam up with the idea.As said before this does seem to be very much like a drop that would be seen in the poetic scriptures forum,but I think it is better here. this was an excellent peice,you used dope imagery, complex vocab and perfect structure,it flowed very well and was really interesting to read. As I said this was not as good as your last OM,but still very good.You have a lot of talent and I can't wait to read more peices from you.

When the Donkey starts to flee,
    he stops, sees the squawking
    ease of the Pigeon and his deed...
    Watches the street as two men
    start to lute the Quickie Mart
    then eat the led that bled
    from the dead artists hearts.
    Watches the Elephant dance
    behind the dam walls as all the wastelands
    scream in agony to be saved.
    Counting on his pace to scare away
    the Crocodile's surrounding banks
    so his vile gaze could scare away
    the cynical bird who sat pinnacle
    to disaster climbing a step latter
    high above the action to simulate
    the way of flight pattern without
    stepping down from his place of instigate
    this personally was my favourite stanza,you showed great desription,imagery,and vocab in this stanza,and it stood out from the rest of the OM.Very well written .....keep dropping and I'll keep reading.

24 x OM Hall Of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex
    lolz..

starts off on a nursery rhyme tip but with a strong theme........works as a poem... but as a rap or even anything remotely inspired by hip hop this doesnt make the cut.......i mean a lot diddnt seem to rhyme.. which is ok for a poem... but......
    had some nice rythm's and had a sort of action packed storyline... the overall imagery was good and i could grasp some sort of picture.. tho not really the most appealing or exicting ending.......i dunno it seemed to get repetitive on the same imagery.. like it seemed bird this, pigeon taht, crocodile this....... ...... and the constant run on sentences made it difficult to catch a flow of this......

interesting idea for a poem tho

I don't think you fully understood the concept. "When the Elephant Walks" is an old childrens story, that's the actual cover at the top that starts this off... Those first few lines in the piece are directly from the book. That's how it goes, one thing runs, scares another which then runs and scares another. That's all that happens, each page has a sentance. It's supposed to be repetitive because that's how the book is, so I had to do that to keep the stories inocense to a point. And I thought of the topic when I was reading the book to my little sister and remembered that an Elephant is the political symbol for Republicans... So I just ran with the idea. *Shrug*
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.

You've Earned a Custom Title! The Vortex's Avatar
    Battle Record
    28-5
    Elephant is the political symbol for Republicans...

now i diddnt know that etheir b4.
    n when i said the run on stopped the flow i just meant in a rap - bar sense.. i mean of course it flows in a poetic sense.

i think a lot of poetry writers in a lot of places will especialy like this piece.. i also visit the critical poet on occssions

.................................................. ......................

Ya, this piece is definately going to just go 50/50 with who likes and who doesn't like it. It seems most of the kids who write poetry like it and concider it an Om, but those who don't are more than likely going to just say this should be posted in PS.
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    Well, this is simply dope dude. That last drop of yours in which everyone was nominating, I can tell you now did not impress me at all. This on the other hand is going to be in the months OM HoF. I don;t think too many are going to catch the complex poltical ties in here. I thought this is by far the best I've seen from you on your own. Damn solid verse, very mature and grasps any reader with a very thourough understanding of politics and history. Excellent personification of the various creatures used to portray the various political camps and agendas. Solid and indepth, complex and on point. I think you could have taken this a bit deeper and hit harder, but that would be on another levle of writing. For this, you showed some inteligence, concern and disgust at the same time. I have not seen but a handful writers on RB ever pull off something like this. Damn fine job and the only concern here is that most are going to be oblivious to it's content. Great concept and by far outshines anything I've read in a few weeks. I just wish you had kept it going and tied in more events and tensions between the world clashign poltical parties.

Don't expect to get some of these members thinking here, it happens to me all the time, but I give props where props is due. YOu sure deserve that here.

dope shit man.

[YOUTUBE]Av7yOXafS40?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    "World Class War" Official Music Video
    We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    1-0
    I liked the way you made a simple thing complex and deep. Good poetic rythm when you read it you can feel that pulse ya know

"Fuck the world, not the people."

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins
    The complexity of the hidden messages is portrayed in a good yet indirect sense. The poetic flow is good, the message/story potent. I liked this as in it was very good and the structure was also gpnear perfect in length and form. I would have left comments earlier but i just came on. I reckon your an asset to the OM section and i believe that we would all want to see more work from you. SO keep it going.

Banned
    Battle Record
    5-1
    When i read that 2 words came 2 mind. "Brilliant" and "Poetic", therefore it would have been best suited in the poem forum, but i wouldnt wanna post my talent in there because people rarely read it and i'd want feed on it... so im not gonna treat this like an OM and blab on about ur multis and ur rhymes, though few, the ones in there were very well done. the structure was good. i liked the topic, and the picture above ur verse threw me off completely, cuz when i saw it i was jus like, oh wut the fuck is this, some childish piece of shit? then i read it and understood the meaning of it and its political stance it really set me back and i was awestruck. the giant metaphor in the piece really showed me that you put some time in to it and carefully chose your words trying to conceal the meaning by any means necessary, but in doing that your hip hop rhythm diminued and left it as more of a poem...

good work, hope 2 c more from you soon. thanks 4 da feed on my OM and keep an eye out 4 me.

~1~