Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 43

Thread: I'm With You

You've Earned a Custom Title! Pharoah.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    15-7

I'm With You

In the shadows of her footsteps,
    Mine are the hands sweeping away debris in the paths she hasn’t took yet.
    I’m existing as her platform, appointed for suspension,
    Allowing her to infinitely stand tall for boisterous pirouetting,
    Without her care or worry. I was there in the midst,
    When every suitor dared to dismiss her. I’d stare as she kissed them,
    Then moved stealthily behind the veil of her vision,
    Into her subconscious where “He’s not the right male.” I would whisper.
    Her name’s Amy…..the sun spites me astounded,
    Because as my center, since she was born I’ve run cycles around her.
    A divine right of power fuses my motives,
    She’s not stupid, she’s known the supernatural confuses her notions.
    But all she can rely on is the clue in the voice of,
    An old black man who tells her what to do when she’s coasting.
    An old black man who’s purpose was blurred, figuring,
    He’d cause a tug at her neck, when she heard the word “n-gger”…

and I roam the dark as a stranger,
    Making sure she’s hardly in danger,
    It’s my job to encase her heart...

I’m her guardian angel…”

This was another day in the city,
    Where daily she’d drip liquid to make her daisies look pretty.
    But her ritual was paused by an off phrase in the distance.
    She heard “Whatchu saying though, n-gger?!?”, and saw the flailing of fists.
    The mere use of the word made her brace in an instant.
    She kneeled in pain as I gazed up from the pavement to glimpse at,
    What never changed as she aged in existence:
    Red hair draping the freckles that kept her face’s radiance hidden.
    The tears would drain as she felt searing flames in her neck,
    Which was my vainest attempt from the grave to gain their respect

...For MY people…

My spirit blacked that moment & I was catapulted,
    To a familiar scene I experienced before I ever had this omen.
    It seems my anger’s broken the masterful pact that formed and,
    a transparent force took me back to the past to show me,
    A night where taps echoed in the church that I pastored. Lonely,
    I walked to the banging doors to nervously answer only,
    To feel an object strike me in the temple. I poured,
    Blood immediately before I feebly fell to the floor.
    When I came to, I saw six men in a certain attire:
    White gowns and pointed hats and my church was on fire.
    Then I heard, “Shane, fetch the rope from the truck”
    And from his slow movement you could tell this boy was reluctant,
    To get what he was chased for, but he hesitantly paced,
    from the Chevy. He misplaced his hat & I saw the freckles on his face,
    And his red hair that was tapered. Then I watched the sky as it opened,
    To greet me from the vine that would choke me as I died from a rope,

And I Remembered........

In the dark I would dangle,
    Shane'd have a daughter that day,
    & my job’d be to encase her heart...

…as Amy’s guardian angel…”

ill get my links..............
    Open Mics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Poetry

Last Word
    Twizteds Bodyguards

Quotes HOF

Originally Posted by Vamp.
    this is perhaps the gayest thread...ALIVE....

Battle Record
    15-7
    Open Mics

Poetry

Last Word
    Twizteds Bodyguards

Quotes HOF

Battle Record
    15-7
    bizzump
    Open Mics

Poetry

Last Word
    Twizteds Bodyguards

Quotes HOF

Innovator.
    Battle Record
    1-1
    hey why is this getting slept on?

You're like one out of 10 who can actually write in OM..congratulations..

anyway, you have a very polished style...wording was nice..flow was off at some points, but that didn't effect it at all..i felt the first verse more than the others, but it was a nice story with great imagery like the line

"Red hair draping the freckles that kept her face’s radiance hidden."

^Nicely worded..

Imaginative..

Nice work
    AI. Legendary.
    19x HOF. Seven Titles. 50.

Battle Record
    15-7
    thanx.......... upping....
    Open Mics

Poetry

Last Word
    Twizteds Bodyguards

Quotes HOF

You've Earned a Custom Title! The Vortex's Avatar
    Battle Record
    28-5
    nice joint mayne.. good flow manipulation...good poetical essence...
    vocab will be too much for some but fine by me
    i like the wordplay and imagery.. uhm long.. but ill read on

and wasd worth reading on coz you finished it quite good.. a couple of lines i had to reread to get the gist of

but all in all shit is dope

science

stay up

peep my new joint
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238276
    .................................................. ......................

K.T: The Assassin ~ladie_streetz~'s Avatar
    Frm Da Nati the 513 area! Sin~city aka Riot City is where i be 513 WalnutHillz D.T.W
    Battle Record
    75-28
    Awards 75+ Wins
    okay
    first of all, some lines didint rhyme. i wa sfeeling it at some points, but your flow was off you also had good vocab use though. just try to improve your skills on rhymin and flow and you'll get better. this was more like some shit for a poetry scripture. it was decent in ways
    THE FAMILY.

The True Psycho of RB
    Battle Record
    1-0
    Dope piece another good writer on Om thats good there a dying breed on this forum. The concept was real original so i enjoyed it for that a lot of shit in om is too repetitive it always thug or drug verses and i get bored of fucking reading them. I really liked the imagery of this piece it was very descriptive and emotional you had my attention straight away which doesnt happen often cause im quite judgemental on other writers verses. Your vocab was also pretty good you overused it in places but overall you used it well.
    Your flow was also quite nice on most of the bars you got a bit inconsistant with it throughout the verses but again it was nice overall.
    Keep writing i like your verses just keep the flow more consistent and keep the concepts dope.

Return the feed on my OM:
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238600

Battle Record
    15-7
    thanx....... upn
    Open Mics

Poetry

Last Word
    Twizteds Bodyguards

Quotes HOF

yo this was pretty nice man...great storytellin it put a good picture into my head.. vocab was nice man real nice.. my only suggestion were that some lines seemed a bit long.. flow was there.. try incorporating more multis and wordplay into your works for uppin the complexity.. but overall man this was a nice emotion peice.. definately feel it

peace

Battle Record
    15-7
    thnx
    Open Mics

Poetry

Last Word
    Twizteds Bodyguards

Quotes HOF

Battle Record
    16-26
    Holy fuck.... this was very very interesting, a lil off topic towards the end when u talked about her dying and then u dying as well, but then I realized that u were her guardian angel because u died with her. This was an amazing twist on this topic and I really felt like reading it from about the first few lines. about a 15/10 becausse it had nearly everything cool, I jsut think u coulda delved deeper in to more of a picture, but other than that u did great anyway, so props. If u dont mind, vote on my battle in my sig..thanks man, and keep writing, cant wait to read more.-PEACE

word.

one of the best topicals ive seen so far. homie be dropping that deep fire shit.everything was on point.i loved the ending...added a twist...overall dope drop...enjoyed reading it!
    And If You Lie About Battles
    Im Raising Your Face..Niggas Will Never Get A 5'o Clock Shadow
    -Joe Budden
    Depression Starts Talking And His Voice Is Raspee
    Kuz He Aint Shut The Fuck Up In 3 And A Half Weeks
    -Joe Budden

Battle Record
    15-7
    thnx guys
    Open Mics

Poetry

Last Word
    Twizteds Bodyguards

Quotes HOF

Battle Record
    15-7
    rise
    Open Mics

Poetry

Last Word
    Twizteds Bodyguards

Quotes HOF