User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: A Cry for Daddy

Battle Record
    2-0

A Cry for Daddy

I used to sit in my room at night, cry and wish you were there for me
    Eleven years, every night, another million tears for me to see
    Count that that’s 31 million in a months time, times that by…
    Twelve, that’s 327,000,000 tears that in one single year I have cried,
    That’s way too many for me to cry, just as a little girl alone
    Tear learned to dry out before they fell from my eyes, I’m finally grown
    I can’t cry over you as much, you turned out to be a man perplexed
    Constantly in a battle to see what I don’t want shown, what next?
    Would you like me to be near you when I want to remain in alone?
    Make me tell you all my solitary fears just to have my heart blown
    It don’t matter how grown I am, sometimes cry cause your not here
    When I want to see into your shining green I have to wait another year
    I still look like a little girl; does that make me innocent in your eyes?
    Years are piling upon you, although wise you look cold, burdened by your lies
    You’ve lived them long enough, divorced my momma cause you were cheating
    Did you ever stop to think of me and Shawn, for you our hearts were beating
    Cried, when momma got remarried, to that awful man, you knew he was cruel
    You didn’t say anything about it, tried so hard to hurt her, she’s nobody’s fool
    Her marriage didn’t last anything more that maybe five years and after all that
    The arguing ceased, he turned and walked away to a cab, didn’t even tip his hat
    After a few years had past, he called…from your house, being tried for treason
    And all that I can do is wonder, wonder who, and why… you’re the reason
    How could I cry over you, after all you did? Every single time I came to visit
    You were either married or engaged again, and right on your lap she’d sit
    Isn’t that where your little baby girl should have sat? Where I would sit to talk to you
    Tell you all my little wants and wishes, and what the day has brought me through
    I got over it, because my big brother Adam put me upon his leg, and played silly games
    I came to think that was how it was supposed to be, my big brother taking the fame
    I left in the past, you were trying to find your true love, I can realize that by this age
    When I was little I didn’t it just felt like that was how life was going to turn its page
    Throughout eleven years, you married seven women, married two of them two times
    Well… I hate to be rude, but that was a huge waste all of those of church bell chimes
    But now you’re back with momma, deciding to raise me and Shawn, even after we grew
    It isn’t our fault that you weren’t there, to help the two of us, and watch us through
    It isn’t momma’s problem that you weren’t there to put your touch in our lives
    You were always too pre-occupied with whichever one of those other wives
    If anything is going to come out of you coming back to momma, trying to be apart of her
    It’s going to become so self-evident that you don’t understand us, and life becomes a blur
    I don’t let you completely into my life by now, I’m getting to the point where I won’t
    Simply can’t let you share my pain, you’ll take it all wrong, so in that case, I don’t
    Do you realize that Shawn and I understand what you yell about, what do you take us for?
    We grew up without you, that don’t mean we can’t understand yelling through a door
    Don’t take out your unhappy days all on us; no one is stopping you from leaving
    Its not like you haven’t left before, it wouldn’t be a new feeling for us to be conceiving
    Just pack up, walk out, and swear at us as you go, that way I know your still heartless
    I’ll give you maybe 3 months at most, to call back to us, and break down and confess
    You probably hate it because three of us in this home are all so close to one another
    We’re not like you; we don’t close doors, start yelling, and talk trash about the other
    I heard what you said about me and Shawn, and don’t expect me to tell you I know
    I’m so close to giving up on this, you hate your two youngest children, and it shows
    You yell at Shawn and I every single chance that you are given, and we cant yell back
    What did we do to you? We didn’t leave; it wasn’t us that threw your life off track
    You know what, forget it, tonight, I’m finally done with this, I’m giving in
    I don’t care if you hate be for who I am, yelling at me for who I like is your last grin
    Don’t look into my face anymore, I don’t want to see your face either, its pain
    Pain too great to bear, how is it that I ever even found it in myself to cry over you
    You’re my single greatest fear, for some reason in your presence I become cold and blue
    I guess that my innocence was led by ignorance, spending those nights crying, daddy dear
    Don’t even touch me, please don’t love me, don’t ever again think about holing me near
    I know that I won’t mean this forever and ever on… Your my daddy, and I do love you
    I just hate that for so long, I cry for daddy, and I then see the things you put me through

....bless

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    91-11
    Awards OFOTK Champion Haiku Champion Legendary PC Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF 75+ Wins
    this was amazing emotion wise.....I loved how your lines slowly
    got longer and longer as you had more to say and more feelings
    to express....I'mn also happy to see you going back to your older
    style with long lines filled with your heart...like I said this piece
    had so much emotion I almost got chills from reading it...It was
    that good...Plus it came from the heart and soul which always
    helps...great Job Shawty
    A few achievements here and there

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Ever Dream's Avatar
    WOAH!!! THANK YOU SOOO SO MUCH!!!!!! THAT MADE ME SMILE! I TRUELY DO APPRECIATE IT BEN SWEETIE!

....bless

Fear Before The March Foreshadow's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-8
    this was very very good. there isnt much i can say. I enjoy reading your work. nice job on this it was very emotional

uppin.....

please don't sleep on this ya'll....

....bless

lilkris
    hey i loved it. it comes straight from the heart. I enjoyed it hun!

Battle Record
    2-0
    thanks kristie babe.... common ya'll please reply to this....

....bless

uppin this

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    denise this was packed with obvious real emotion... yiu can't ever say anything bad about that.... i enjoyed reading this even though it was very long, you conveyed how you feel so well and it just really got everything across in such a real way... I love how you write so emotionally ... it works well for you... great job babe
    *muah*

OM Hall Of Fame Bia!
    PS Hall Of Fame As Well Bitches!

Battle Record
    2-0
    thank you very very much hunny... Im so glad that you liked it! I truely am!!!

...now if i could get some other people to reply to this piece....PLEASE!!!!

....bless

i love daddy poetry good job *crys*

Battle Record
    2-0
    hahaha, thank you naka hunny.. i do apreciate it

Battle Record
    0-2

Re: A Cry for Daddy

wow very deep, i could rwally feel the emotion and was drawn in almost to feel ever thought and emotion you had. i been out for a while but ill be popping in ever now and again
    nice to talk to you again shawty
    ""If you write for yourself or a loved one, you can never be wrong!!!!""
    -The world makes me cold,the marines make me thoughtless-the difference between you and me is, thats just it...