User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Open Mic: The Magazine - Connection Thread.

..in chains? Naw!
    Battle Record
    5-2
    Awards SS Season Champion

Open Mic: The Magazine - Connection Thread.

Open Mic Magazine: Volume 1. (12/06/06).
    (Written by dj. Edited by Brixton.)
    -
    Welcome to the new OM Mag which you will see every 2 weeks. Thank you to every one who has been helping; D.H. for keeping this forum clean and making sure every head follows the rules. We have seen activity go up a lot in numbers and the HOF get more exciting as a lot of new up and coming talent have been trying to score them self’s a spot with the great by pushing them self’s to write to their fullest potential. Now on to the mag it’s self:
    -

Top 10 writers.
    -
    10. Twixn...
    May not be on the top of his game at this moment in time but we all know what he can do once he gets his mind going. Very creative when he tries. And I think he is highly underrated and will soon shock us all. Check his latest:
    Brainstorm ... there’s mushrooms on the wind.

9. Xtreme Malice
    After his last piece he does deserve to get noticed. His flow was great all through out and every one seemed to like it. I looked up some of his pieces from the past and he has a creative mind and knows how to get it out into words. Make sure to look at his latest: Walking Before God, In the Devils Footsteps.

8. Evolve
    I think he has come back full time to show off some of his HOF worthy work. Evolve always comes creative with his words and so far I like what I see. I cant lie I haven’t seen much of his work so there is not much I can say, but from what I see now, I like.
    Check out his latest piece: Never Ending Cycle.

7. Ace of Aces
    Well, he was gone for awhile now he’s back and shows no signs of rust on his work, he already has won himself a spot n the HOF this past month, check out his last piece: Words and Wisdom.

6. NiNjah Red
    Wow, this man caught my eye from the drop I read from him, he has never let me down. He is the master of multies and flow, he can master pretty much any topic you throw at him with his sick and twisted mind you never know what’s going to come at you next.
    Be sure to check his last piece: Enter the Vortex.

5. The Witness.
    A very gifted writer one of the best in the OM forum and has proven himself in SS. always comes with creative, nicely put together drops that everyone can love. Not much to say, it’s a shame he’s going out for 2 weeks but we all hope to see you soon Witness.
    Make sure to check out his last drop: Simon Says.

4. Engivale
    A very, very creative writer. Personally one of my favorites on RB since he started. Always comes with well crafted work and doesn’t put all his effort on his structure like some writers and sticks to his own very unique style. I have never been let down by any work of Engivales and I always look forward to his next and newest piece. Be sure to check out his latest: The Premature Burial.

3. D.H.Brixton
    The man himself. D.H has never let anyone down with his beautiful way with words and some of the most creative pieces ever to be viewed by anyone in the SS or Open Mic section. Mark my words no piece of his will let you down. Be sure to check out his latest: 'Feathers Fencing Wolves.'

2. Baron P. Mortuus
    Well, what can you say? Almost every drop this man does gets nominated for HOF. Baron is very creative and knows how to use his words and make a real story. Baron is a known SS head, former hall HOF winner on a number of times, and has never let down anyone in any battle or OM. Baron is defiantly one of the best heads topical wise RB has to offer. Make sure to check: Simon Says: Cleanse the Psalms.

1. Atticus
    This man has been on the top of his game, keeping readers and writers reading and wanting more. This is a man that everyone wants to collab with and every reader looks forward to his new pieces being dropped. Also Atticus is the current SS champion and can promise not to let us down, look for all of his new drops and give him as much feed as possible. His new HOF winning piece: "Vietnano-Tech."
    -

Top 10 Upcoming writers
    -
    10. Mc Pyro.
    Underrated. Not much else to say. Be sure to check this kids work, he knows how to work with topics and vocab, keep your eyes on this kid.
    9. Belligerant
    Goes by many names, Blind, Lil Thug ect…and is very underrated when he puts his mind to his work it wont let down to many people. All he needs is that someone to help him get on his feet and he’ll be HOF in no time.
    8. ~Mansin~
    I have seen every drop by this kid, he has skill and he knows how to use it. Very deep and can come very creative when he puts his mind to his work. Look out for this kid in the future you’ll see him in SS soon if he keeps up.
    7. lw Truth lw
    Truth used to get hated on a lot and picked on until one day myself and him did a collab and he came out pretty deep and shocked some people. Then he went and got some work and started to elevate and shocked us all in IE and in SS. I have a feeling you’ll see this kid in HOF soon.
    6. Charles Darwin
    Very nice, used to just do text but switched to topical and has never let me or anyone else down people we’re expecting a lot less, but he came deep and creative and showed us what he can do.
    5. Dj…
    A good upcoming head on RB, tries to incorporate different styles into his pieces, he is yet to peak on here and is definitely one for the future.
    Written by Thomas.
    4. Forum
    Has come along way. Forum has taken all the advice that has been givin’ to him and became a very deep, creative minded poet. Everyone should keep their eye on this kid.
    3. Mariah.
    Very young but holds a lot of talent. Has already made it into SS. And has written some deep pieces that have caught readers and have them wanting more.
    2. Constance
    Has gotten a lot better and put a lot more effort into his work. If he keeps it up his name will be all over HOF.
    1 .Thomas
    Very deep when he puts his mind to his work he makes you feel what he feels. He takes his time and puts his mind to every little piece he does and tries to give his readers the best he can.
    -

Hall Of Fame: November 2006 (Link).
    -

Top 3 OM's.

-
    "This is George." - Atticus
    'Feathers Fencing Wolves' – D.H.Brixton
    Flashback. - Evolve
    -

Top 3 Rookie OM's.
    -
    Love to Evol – dj…
    American Baby – lw Truth lw
    Togetherness..Drawn Apart....Forever.. – Forum
    -
    Outro.
    -
    Please be aware that this is only for the last 2 weeks, based on what I have seen. If you wanna get mentioned, then start writing, and make it dope. Hope you enjoyed this.

:
    :
    :
    Brixtons Brief.

Ok, so now we have a magazine. It will be a fortnightly thing, and will feature what you more or less see now. It is based on the 2 weeks prior to the magazine. So what ever happens in OM, that is dope.. will most likely make it in here. Remember, its based on THOSE 2 weeks. So don't bitch in here if dj doesn't mention you, or whether I edit you in. Its his/our opinions. & it reflects a lot of people in here. As for me, I'll be editing the mag' how I see fit. & no, I won't edit myself to the top of the writers, lol. Hope you enjoyed the read/recognition.

- dj & Brix
    Last edited by B.I.Detained.; December 5th, 2006 at 09:01 PM

..in chains? Naw!
    Battle Record
    5-2

Re: Open Mic: Connection Thread.

Little test I'm throwing up. Just seeing if there's a possibilty you guys won't fuck this up, lol. This thread will be for OM'ers to interact, start collab's, promote their piece etc. If people start freeposting, I won't hesitate to ban them.. honestly. This is something that could help not just you, but me and many other peeps. Anyways, lets get this shit popping.

DO NOT:

+ FREEPOST.

+ ASK FOR FEEDBACK!

+ KEEP ASKING FOR FEEDBACK ON YOUR OPEN MIC'S.

+ START BEEF IN HERE. This will result in you being BANNED.

+ PROMOTE YOUR PIECE MORE THAN ONCE.

+ KEEP BUGGING PEOPLE FOR A COLLAB'. They will collab' if they want to.

This list will be added to, as I'm sure you'll piss me off :-)
    ArtificialIntelligence
    Sacred Scriptures Champ: 2006.....Brixton

Battle Record
    93-39
    Awards 75+ Wins

Re: Open Mic: The Magazine - Connection Thread.

Good shit homie, nice working with you.
    Empire

..in chains? Naw!
    Battle Record
    5-2

Pleasure was mine, mate. Props for doing a dope mag' in such a short amount of time.
    ArtificialIntelligence
    Sacred Scriptures Champ: 2006.....Brixton

Battle Record
    93-39
    Awards 75+ Wins

No problem. Lets get some comments on this. Keep useless post to a low. or D.H will do something naughty.
    Empire

Battle Record
    45-8
    Awards Legendary Audio ABL Champion BOTW AOTM AOTW Legendary Member - Award Request Accepted

Doope mag. bout time i get mentioned well i'll be drop'n another piece shortly
    Where the fuck was I fore they found me?
    Floatn in a meadow, dragonflies all around me
    Seeded in a ghetto, smokin cigarellos
    Stress oceans try to drown me
    Walking on water like when Christ did, glidin
    Mic in my plam like the trident in the hand of Poseidon

Mindless Self-Engulfed In Moniker's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-2
    Awards OFOTK Champion

Nice to finally be off the charts for once.
    Glad to see an OM mag, keep it up.
    A ruthless
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    of everything existing.
    Po'ethics
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    9-10

woot nice mag... that shit is awesome.
    READ MORE

Battle Record
    93-39
    Awards 75+ Wins

Thanks to all. Mindless I hope that wasn't sarcasem lol.
    Empire

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins

Good Mag..surprised how high i'm ranked but yeah..nice one..though Truth is already in HOF...the 5 horsemen colab inlcuded a verse by him to. Lastly, Keep up the good work!

Battle Record
    62-46
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion FL Champion PS Champion/IE Champion WOP Champion OM HOF PC HOF 50+ Wins

this wasa nice mag man.

ugh i would like to promote my piece

UNTITLED

link in the sig.

collab anyone?
    PM me.
    ARTIFICIAL | PO'ETHICS | INTELLIGENCE

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    14-6

Damn...the mag is pretty dope....good read...and I didn't even think I'd be ranked that high in the upcoming writer's........lol..

Battles I need closed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Open Mic's

L.S.
    N.A.
    M.C.

period.
    Battle Record
    0-1

I'm loving the mag, hope to see my name up there real soon, and yall check out my piece..... Unexplained, a good read for yall HOF material ya dig... Check me out.
    I know I am born
    I know I will die
    Inbetween is mine, and it is mind
    <marquee>-Greatest.Nefarious Assassin</marquee>

Dope...
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    10-2

whos number 7 i'm number 7 thats who lol this is dope now maybe my pieces won't get slepton so much