User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 87

Thread: Front Lines Monthly Mag Vol. 1

Battle Record
    136-1
    Awards No Show LLL Season Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins
    Last edited by SmokaJoka; October 25th, 2006 at 06:21 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    136-1
    Introduction
    Welcome To The NEW & Improved F.L.

That's right ladies and gentlemen Front Lines is stronger than it has been in the past few years without a doubt. Improvements made in battling and the taste of battling show alot of promising textcees for L.L.L.'s future & it is also a chance for some of L.L.L.'s finest to flex their battling skills to prove which one is worthy enough to overcome the plethora of battlers that reside in the Front Lines. For anyone who does not know the changes I will go over them to elaborate what I have done. The battle ranks are a way to seperate the weak bitches from the dope heads...if you want a title shot in either text or topical in the Front Lines you better battle to earn that shot otherwise I do not care how good you are, in the Front Lines this will be done to prove your worth and prove why you earned the shot in ALOT of people's eyes. So what happens if there is a guy who beats a bunch of suck ass people to get to the top?? Nothing....he will STILL get a title shot, but he will also lose the title match..lets face it..you are not going to get much better battling weak kids...you learn from losses or you learn to get better by getting big wins....so the latter..would be his loss. As for battles that have no poll...I delete them..so if anyone has been wondering where those go when you set them up...there you go. The Front Lines is a competitive atmosphere and the last thing we want is some fuck who is scared to put his undefeated record on the line because all he beat was herbs and when someone good comes around and wants to shove his teeth in his throat he can't battle for fun. Can he decline? Of course, I can't...you can't...no one can technically FORCE someone to battle...but it still makes them look gay when they duck. I don't care about people with too many battles open...I will let this be known for the 3rd time in the past 3 days now. If you have alot of battles open then that means you earned credits to have that many battles open by voting on other battles...keeping the Front Lines active with votes and battles....so if you earned the credits...why should you get a loss for wanting to battle more?? Makes no sense...so I DO NOT DQ people for having too many battles open...plain and simple...keep my forum active and competitive and not dead with a steady flow of battles and votes...that's what I like. Front Lines used to be full to capacity with 40 viewers at the most (counting guests as well)...now the average viewers have nearly doubled in the past month...so congratulations and any guest who reads this...register and give it a shot and stop going into the closed battles so you can bite losers.
    Last edited by SmokaJoka; October 25th, 2006 at 03:46 AM

Battle Record
    136-1
    Text Championship Battle Reviews

Week 1: dj... vs. Clisk

First championship matchup of the new Front Lines...obviously both of these guys were shaking off the old ways and neither dropping to the fullest of their capabilities NOW that is...keep in mind this was one month ago. Either way it was a landslide win for Clisk. Dj came with nothing too hard within his verse and nothing witty just a bunch of lines that had a weak punch or a nonexistent one. Clisk didnt do too much better but he at least came with a consistent amount of punches as well as a couple of quotable ones to lure most of the voters in his direction...thus..gaining the first championship title in F.L. history.
    Winner - Clisk
    Battle Rating: 4/10

Week 2: Clisk vs. Fatal BlacOut

Seemingly unshakeable thusfar the new version of Front Lines is taking effect more and more with each championship matchup that is presented. This battle was better than the first week's and both the battle was better overall. Even though Clisk dropped a no show verse he still came pretty decent with a few quotables that I can see from reading the verse he dropped...a little brushing up on wittier concepts and he would be a force to reckon with without a doubt. Fatal didn't drop that well on the other hand...he had a dj type verse with better punches in some parts so work on wit, concepts, and do punches...no comments..punches win battles. Overall better battle than last week, but not too great of a battle.
    Winner - Clisk
    Battle Rating: 5/10

Week 3: Clisk vs. Cry

A new era began right here...Cry finally earning his shot and proving a worthy holder of the Front Lines title dropped a rather good verse. Nothing to say because Cry knows what his faults are within verses and if he wants to fix them...he can. Clisk was unable to show due to family issues, but alot of the Front Liners showed love by leaving Cry critique for the verse he dropped...earning him the title and possibly a long title reign.
    Winner - Cry

Week 4: Cry vs. status_unknown

Best championship matchup of the Front Lines so far (not considering week 5's matchup) showing the quick adaptation to the new style of F.L. both did well here. Cry came with a usual flurry of personals, wit, and freshness. A few quotables tossed in and nothing much else to say...overall good verse. At first when I read status' verse I was disappointed, but when I read it over I see he came fresh he just needs work on the way he approaches his punches to make them have a harder effect. Status also came with a couple of quotables, but not too consistent of a verse...Cry won this one just for merely having a verse filled with harder punches and more of them.
    Winner - Cry
    Battle Rating: 6.5/10

Battle Record
    136-1
    Topical Championship Battle Reviews

Week 1: Pakaveli vs. Tim

What a fucking great way to open up the topical championship in the Front Lines. Topic was Shadows of the Moon....both came very nice from anybody's standpoint. Pakaveli dropped a verse with a bit of a choppy structure, but it was quickly made up for the emotion that was placed well within it and the imagery as well...Pakaveli had a strong vocabulary and a good flowing read. Tim came just as good which is why if I was a voter I would have a hard time deciding who won this. As a matter of fact Tim came equivalent in Pakaveli in almost every aspect except his approach to the topic...which is what won it for Pakaveli in a close one..his unique approach to the topic at hand.
    Winner - Pakaveli
    Battle Rating: 7.5/10

Week 2: Pakaveli vs. Dyl

The champ defending his title for the first time up against a pretty good topical battler in Dyl. Topic was Mentally Scarred....however Pakaveli would be the only one to drop in this battle...Dyl being gay enough to battle for a shot and then not battle once he has the title shot. Either way, Pakaveli dropped pretty much an unbeatable verse that alot of people overlooked...it was creative as fuck for the topic....he came fresh with imagery, emotion, and just the natural approach for the concept...some cats did show love and leave critique for the dope drop by Pakaveli.
    Winner - Pakaveli

Week 3: Baron P. Mortuus vs. Xplict_Talent

Third week with Pakaveli aka Baron holding the title will he keep it?? Topic was Blood In...Blood Out..a very strange topic with so many approaches to it...it forces the topical battler to actually try to come up with a dope verse. Did they? yes...this is one of the best...closest battles to hit the Front Lines Championship stage thusfar. Baron came with a verse once again stockpiled with emotion, and a very well put out verse with complexity that would be hard to overcome...could Xplict tough it out? No..but he almost did...despite the fact of his approach to the topic wasnt as complex as Baron's but he had an overall better story just not as good in all the other aspects..this battle put Xplict on the map as a topical battler and he should have a great chance in Sacred Scriptures. Note: after this battle ended Baron said he would not be available for battle for the next week.
    Winner - Baron P. Mortuus
    Battle Rating: 8/10

Week 4: Tim vs. Diverged vs. Dyl

A battle that could've been for the ages...first triple threat matchup and with Baron not being sure if he could show...he reserved the right to get an immediate title shot as soon as he requests for one which could've made this a Fatal 4 Way...the first of it's kind in RB history...however...he didn't ask for his shot. Topic was Lake of Fire...something that is quite obvious, but could come with MANY approaches. How would this battle end up? A double no show...by Tim & Dyl...what a fucking bitch...a battle that could've been dope...turned out gay because of what...nothing. Either way, Diverged dropped a very good poetic approach to the topic...imagery was in touch and his complete approach to the topic was one that I was not expecting...so kudos good friend...you did dope and I expect the same from him in Week 5's matchup.
    Winner - Diverged

Battle Record
    136-1
    Front Lines Power Rankings:
    The Up & Comers and Already Here's

Now this right here is a rather unique take on Front Lines from my point of view...these are the power rankings...much like in the N.F.L. I take the top 10 individuals from the Contendership rankings IN MY EYES...and rate them by my own rankings...soooooo...

10. Philly B Sparkz
    The final addition to my power rankings...who could forget the first Front Lines title holder? Yeah, Philly needs work on harder punches and wittier concepts...and that he has worked on without a doubt...if he was put into a harder situation or a harder battle I could picture him doing pretty dope if he laid it all on the line....Philly still resides high in the rankings despite the fact that he has not battled much lately...however....knowing what dopeness resides in him and knowing he is the former F.L. Champion...he could explode anyday.

9. Charles Darwin
    This guy right here does not get nearly the amount of props he should...and the only reason he doesnt is because he hasnt had that one big battle that would boost him to the top. He has the right approach for the most part in battles despite he needs work on harsher personals and some brushing up on wit...if Charles was put into a battle that he actually had to try in you would see the best come out. He resides high in the contendership rankings and rightfully so...if he keeps it up...he can easily be a championship contender in just a few weeks.

8. Kid New Era
    I have no clue who this guy is, and he isnt bad at all. He's climbing up the contendership rankings fast and he will catch up to the championship contenders in just a few short weeks at the rate that he is going. Why, do you ask? Because Kid comes with a rather unnatural approach on battles dropping mostly and oldschool style $pitacular type of verse just not as hard...and I do mean oldschool as in 2 years ago when $pit was an active FLer...if he can come up with harder punches for the most part he can overcome alot that the Front Lines has to offer...still he comes with a few quotables in each battle.

7. lOOk$
    One of the most overlooked kats in the Front Lines lOOk$ is one of those kats whom comes pretty good with a style that not many have. Dropping most verses with a personal touch more than wit, lOOk$ could easily eat the Front Lines alive if he had a more widespread approach to punches and hit everything with a variety. Still...he is high in the contender rankings for a reason...and that reason being once again...that he can come dope when he wants to. Keep it up and I see him becoming a championship contender in no time.

6. status_unknown
    Status is one of those people that could be dope with just a few fixer uppers within his verses. He has good ideas for punches and comes consistent in almost every line...the only thing he needs to brush up on is wording on making his punches wittier. If he is able to do that...status will be one of the unfuckables in the Front Lines and would easily dominate most of all of his opponents that he would face. Already earning a title shot once he seeks the chance to go at it again with a harder verse and a harder style.

5. Vlad_Tempus
    Let's face it...Vlad might be low in the rankings of the contenders list, but that is only because he battles GOOD people. If Vlad actually wanted to pick up slack and try in the Front Lines more and more he could easily be up at the top and battling for the championship and if not DEFENDING the championship for quite awhile. Vlad is a formidable opponent in the L.L.L. for anyone to face and comes with a plethora of wit and harsh attacks on anybody he faces. Thus earning him my #5 spot in the Front Lines Power Rankings.

4. Wyte
    Someone who seems to be overlooked by ALOT of people Wyte has a serious chance of breaking through to the next level and competing with the best of the best...earning himself a win over Cry earlier this week in the poll battles Wyte comes with a similar approach that most elite battlers do...that is personals, wit, and a consistent amount of decent punches. If he could turn those consistent decent punches...into consistent dope punches...he will be a force to reckon with against anybody he faces.

3. Coherent.
    I cannot and anyone else who has read this guys battle cannot disagree that he is getting better and better with each battle that he competes in. A formidable foe for most of Front Lines Coherent carries only one loss on his record thusfar and has a good approach to battles. He comes with wit and for the most part fresh concepts against anyone. He definately has a great shot in L.L.L. and with more practice...he can become one of the greatest in the Front Lines as well as RB...earning him the #3 spot in my rankings.

2. Philly®
    Obvious enough whom I was going to say next, right? Philly is almost the equivalent of Cry just with a smaller amount of wins in polled battles. Philly can come just as fresh and is also one of the most feared in the Front Lines by anyone who dare challenges him or gets challenged by him. Philly usually comes with a similar style as Cry I suppose except Philly has more of a harder approach on wit than Cry does...still..he comes with fresh concepts most of the time and once again...a harsh amount of personals..earning him the #2 spot in my rankings.

1. Cry
    Cry is an individual that most Front Liners should fear...and most of the Front Liners most likely do fear him...with a dope record to boot Cry holds the Front Lines title which would seemingly have to be pried from his fingers before I see him losing it. Cry comes with a plethora of personals on most of his opponents, wit, and a consistent amount of punches. He is also a formidable opponent in the L.L.L....if he covered all the bases by going topical and audio...he would definately be one of my favorites. The only thing I worry is he will burn himself out from battle so much on a consistent basis...into which I've noticed a bit of slowing down for poll battling since he won the title so Cry may feel he is in his rightful place and will just wait for the best of Front Lines to come to him now instead of competing for the title.

Battle Record
    136-1
    Special Interview:
    The One & Only Laureate

SmokaJoka: Alright...to start off...I want to welcome the one and only Laureate...one of the finest poetry heads on RB...and one of the most reknown topical battlers
    Laureate: hi
    SmokaJoka: you used to battle in Front Lines...ALOT....and your style actually used to be text...why did you abandon that approach to battling?
    Laureate: It jus got old, too repetative and boring after awhile
    SmokaJoka: So what is it that you find in topical writing...what void does it fill...so to speak
    Laureate: I can write about anything I want, topical writing has a lot more freedom and libertys compared to texting
    SmokaJoka: so what is your battle record right now
    Laureate: err....don't know exactly, it's not something I pay attention to
    SmokaJoka: well from someone else's perspective that would see it and...and wish they had it
    SmokaJoka: do you plan on coming back to battling poll battles or just sticking to S.S. once in a while and running the Poetic Scriptures
    Laureate: I'm happy right now with running PS and dropping in it, I'm currently in SS also. I'm fine with that, I don't feel any need to battle anymore
    SmokaJoka: felt you've proven yourself good enough? I understand how you feel
    Laureate: I can prove myself in SS and WOP when it comes around, battles and records don't matter to me. Mainly though, i just like to write, and PS and SS give me an excuse to do that
    SmokaJoka: right on brother...so...let's get more personal....what's your full name? where you from? and what's your favorite sport?
    Laureate: My full name is Ben Jamison. I live in Saint Paul, Minnesota. My favorite sports are Football to watch, Baseball to play
    SmokaJoka: I agree....baseball is boring as shit to watch unless it's a homerun derby
    Laureate: I love watching baseball, just not as much as football
    SmokaJoka: boo @ you
    SmokaJoka: so do you have a girl? .....guy..=(
    Laureate: nope, single at the moment
    Laureate: why? you interested?
    Laureate: fag
    SmokaJoka: oh yeah....ok..that's enough of the personal shit...let's hop on other things you do....you are doing audios now.....anything new coming up for you
    Laureate: I wanna redo my old song Progression, other than that I have a couple collabs that are in the works
    SmokaJoka: you and UnderRated still as cool as you guys used to be or do you feel shit has drifted apart
    Laureate: nah we still boys
    SmokaJoka: dopeness....alright...let's spin this off...I'ma say a few sentences and you say the first thing that comes to mind
    Laureate: word
    SmokaJoka: alright...best topical battler
    Laureate: Bounce
    SmokaJoka: best audiohead (on RB or not)
    Laureate: Salvation
    SmokaJoka: best text battler (L.L.L.(
    Laureate: Feeble
    SmokaJoka: sdizzle
    Laureate: he was the best topic for text
    SmokaJoka: Merge
    Laureate: asshole
    SmokaJoka: $pitacular
    Laureate: Feebles stepping stone to retirement
    SmokaJoka: IJL
    Laureate: underrated and under appreciated
    SmokaJoka: bouncedoggydog
    Laureate: dope
    SmokaJoka: SmokerJoker
    Laureate: homosexual
    SmokaJoka: Warlords, Regime, A.I., and WordPerfect
    Laureate: Crews IJL deaded
    SmokaJoka: alright...last few quick replies...
    SmokaJoka: favorite overall football team
    Laureate: Vikings of course
    SmokaJoka: favorite overall baseball team
    Laureate: Twins
    SmokaJoka: favorite overall basketball team
    Laureate: not a basketball fan
    SmokaJoka: cracker bitch
    SmokaJoka: favorite overall football player
    SmokaJoka: hmm...that's not fair
    SmokaJoka: let me restate that
    SmokaJoka: favorite overall quarterback
    Laureate: Aaron Rogers
    SmokaJoka: running back
    Laureate: Warrick Dunn
    SmokaJoka: dope choice...wide reciever
    Laureate: Randy Moss...even though he's on a shitty team
    SmokaJoka: defensive player
    Laureate: Darren Sharper
    SmokaJoka: and last but not least...your favorite baseball player of alltime
    Laureate: Kent Hrbek
    SmokaJoka: I got a rookie card of him
    Laureate: dopeness
    SmokaJoka: surprised you didnt say Chuck Knoblauch
    Laureate: lol...chuck was whack
    SmokaJoka: damn right he was
    SmokaJoka: well there you have it ladies and gentlemen...an interview that has nothing to do with Front Lines...enjoy =)

Battle Record
    136-1
    Final Thoughts

One of the more controversial parts of my mags..that I'am bringing back. Before anyone asks...no..there wasnt a power rankings for the topical heads...but judging by the championship matches...the topical aspect of Front Lines is really beginning to shine brighter than the text aspect. Now...let's get on with the Final Thoughts, eh? See...I'am from a time period where your record matters.....and that's what distinguishes who was dope...and who was not dope. Is that how it is nowadays? Nah...why so? I ask....why do you think I have the rankings??....so records matter...so battling in the Front Lines is important....not just some lost cause full of suck ass herbs. Back then it was Brooklyn, Chrit, Born To Kill, Com, Taktik, Feeble Minded, Fgee (yes I said it), Sureal, Bash and anybody else that I forgot...sorry...and no...surprisingly $pit wasn't that good in the Front Lines...I'am almost willing to bet his losses on his record arent far from his wins...which is why you may see he hides his record, but don't let it fool you either...the guy is still dope...but most of these guys I named headed the Front Lines back then...and when I go back and look to those battles from then...they sucked...plain and simple...they sucked...so why are some of these same people so harsh on you? When...technically...they done the equivalent of what's happening now in Front Lines.....and got love for it, but if a genuinely dope head battles Front Lines nowadays.....they have to concern themselves with being hated on for even battling in Front Lines?? Fuck that and fuck you to whoever thinks that. Emerge even has a 30 something and 1 record, Com has a big record I'd bet...Chrit even used to have a 100+ win record and less than 10 losses....Feeble had a nice record...Born was like 200+ wins and 100+ losses...I remember when Born was 45-38. So let's look at this here...Cry...whom I'am particularly favoring because his record is fire...AND he does dope in L.L.L. most likely gets at least one punch in every LLL battle he has about him battling in Front Lines. Fuck that wack shit...Lay Doubt probably got the same when he used to battle alot in here. But...let me let it be very well clear I'am very glad to see that there is more and more interest building in the Front Lines. Topical battles are rising in numbers and how fast they close, and the text battlers are getting better by the day. BUT what I dont like is when I see a fucking Front Line only text battler bitch if some L.L.L. head is going to win the title either. Stop acting like your fucking helpless and nothing can be done....stop fucking battling suck ass people and get better...that's the entire point of this. Your record makes you distinguished...it points out that you are known....you can get better...I'll clue you in...if you win record is bigger than your loss record..then your doing fine...don't try to think you can get a Cry record...don't try to think you can get a Smoka record...I dont care...plain and simple...if your record is 83-16...that's STILL a dope record...dont duck when someone calls you out...accept it and go at it...if you lose..oh well...another battle another day. If your a champion of Front Lines it is definately something to behold you overcome ALOT of people to earn that title and now that you have it...you deserve it...that goes for both topicalheads and the textcees. Fuck all you people who USED to battle here alot...and dont anymore because you feel like your battle wasnt voted fairly...boo fucking hoo I'll clue you in...if your a vet and lose a battle in front lines...YOU MOST LIKELY LOST THE BATTLE FAIRLY OR YOU LOST YOUR TOUCH. QUIT....what do you think I did.
    Last edited by SmokaJoka; October 25th, 2006 at 06:26 AM

Battle Record
    37-7
    Awards Legendary Member PC HOF OM HOF PS Season champ SS HW Champion 25+ Wins
    Nice mag there..good and interesting read plus it has some historic facts...and yup the topicals are better lol

Battle Record
    24-13
    Cool mag Smoka really liked it read th whole thing top to bottom.

Battle Record
    93-39
    Awards 75+ Wins
    Word this was a very good mag can't wait to read more.
    Empire

Words Stated
    Battle Record
    31-33
    Like this mag thing we got goin on now. I'm feeling this, this will keep people active cause its somein new.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    83-5
    Awards 75+ Wins
    dope... next u'll be talking how no-1 can take the title from me

Battle Record
    136-1
    wow..I just found out in one of my losses I won because the guy voted for himself....DOPE

Battle Record
    83-5
    Awards 75+ Wins
    rofl

Battle Record
    136-1
    you'd be surprised how many wins you have if you look over old battles...by no show or the guy cheating...I got 10 wins in one day just from no show battles