User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who should win this battle?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Joe Boston

1 16.67%
  • Emeritus

5 83.33%
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Emeritus VS. Joe Boston: Topical battle

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    128-135
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins FL Champion VBL Champion

Emeritus VS. Joe Boston: Topical battle

16 lines
    Due in 24 hrs.

http://stuffwetalkabout.com/wp-conte...sony_.com_.png

Topic: Kick Me When Im Down

Please break all votes down according to imagery,multi usage metaphorical expressions,vocabulary content and emotion.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Emeritus
    Good luck my man

Check
    [url]https:

Soule

Re: Emeritus VS. Joe Boston: Topical Battle

Word, good luck bro, should have my verse up in about an hour or two. Sixteen lines is butter on the bagel.

Soule

Stuck to this chair, must've been weeks since I've seen my family,
    I dream about calamity, open my eyes every time he swings angrily.
    First it was a ransom, now it seems random, this freak keeps panicking,
    physically damaging but it's the psychology I've become weak at managing.
    He sits in front of me, smiling like we're best friends or maybe lovers,
    crazy fucker has pictures of my kids, saying their names with that lazy stutter.
    Through broken ribs and hopeless hints, I keep thinking of their amazing mother,
    how she opens her eyes like a golden surprise while we're tasting each other.
    He ruins it with a musical cringe, nails on chalkboards as he tries to sing,
    he cries and screams, flailing an axe around while I fight to breathe.
    Unaware, I've loosened the restraints and await my time to flee,
    though part of me honestly wants to stick a knife into his spine and cleave.
    That's when the chair breaks, he spins around like a bear enraged,
    I'm not quick enough getting up, I spit blood as my tongue's tearing away.
    Smitten by this clown, but then I notice his hair and I cave,
    I've officially lost, he kicks me when I'm down just by wearing her face.

Battle Record
    128-135

16 @Emeritus good luck

Visuals of footprints on clothing leave horrific memories
    Suffering concusions i felt was their expression of balled up energy
    Really never had a tendency to randonmly block my face
    Their was no embrace in the adjusting of a pantleg and tightened shoelace
    All i had was gods grace looking up upon the ceiling while on my back
    Wondering how the fuck could they manufacture a steeltoe with so much impact?
    Why attempt to take something we lack? i need to know the honest truth!
    I could cry puddles on the ground, that doesnt help cuz those boots are waterproof
    Left with broken ribs in lifes commute, a cracked vertabrae i hope thatll guide me through this route
    Defenseless as i see hands signaling in a good job salute,  blood tripping from timberlands forming a tree symbol now voices in my head speak i am groot
    I couldnt be more absolute i thought the concrete had its appeal
    I was never able to stand up on it only something my face would normally feel
    The only pure sole was connected at the bottom of the heel there was no reflection from the asphalts gleam
    I could die in these lucid dreams and theyll probably use my flesh for the sneaker stitching n seams
    What about giving me the chance to get up n redeem my strength
    Be the fucking man you claim to be, let me stand up then we can go the extra length

Stop Kicking me When Im Down!

Links

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...Open-For-Votes
    Boyznblack VS B Dot

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...PEN-FOR-VOTES)
    OG Maestro VS Dzaster

- - - Updated - - -
    @Art. Open for votes my man
    Last edited by Joe Boston; June 8th, 2017 at 09:21 AM
    [url]https:

Soule

Links:

Lesnar vs BNB
    Maestro vs Poeta

-Marvelous-
    Battle Record
    58-10
    Awards Legendary Member LLL Champion GFX HOF - Award Request Accepted SOTW ABL Champion FL HOF VBL Champion - VBL Champion AOTM AOTW FL Champion

E: dope piece... started out shakey to be honest i didn't like how that first line read at all... i had to re read it a few times to really find it... but after those first 2 lines i thought you settled in pretty well.. creative story with the whole torture aspect of it... vivid description of scenery and chaos.. flowed well throughout along with inners and outer rhyme schemes.. not much to say 16 lines is short for a topical i feel but whatever nowadays no one is reading a 32.. well put together all around nice drop.

joe- suprised me man.. don't remember you on the topical scene at all but this wasn't a bad read... i thought this was enjoyable... the schemes weren't there, seemed a little lacking the story was entertaining... i think it just lacked some technical stuff ... some lines were a little stretched and threw the flow off of things. some words used coulda have been other in the vocabulary sense.. but this was cool... i actually read your verse first before even looking at the topic... and at first i thought you were writing about concussions in football until i got a little deeper into it and you started talking about boots... after the fact i scrolled up and saw the topic and it made more sense..lol nice drop..

all in all i think E had the better verse overall.. schemes flow story telling... i felt joe was just had the lesser verse.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    128-135

May we get some votes
    [url]https:

Bye bye black bird Poeta Demonio's Avatar
    Battle Record
    18-1
    Awards OM HOF PS Champion/IE Champion PS HOF PS Season champ Legendary PC PC HOF

John: I really liked the intricate rhyme schemes you implemented and felt that it rarely became choppy or distorted by syllabically unpleasing word selections. I enjoyed the intensity of scene you crafted, as well as found pleasant surprise in the amount of tension you created with such an unforgiving line limit. In this sense I feel you used what little time you had to convey a strong image and engage your reader. I found the take on the topic predictable, but I don't really think that's a bad thing to be honest. It's a fairly graphic photo, but I feel possibly you could have dug deeper into the back story of the characters, in particular the protagonist of course, where as I'm fine with the antagonist to remain aloof for the most part. Overall really nice. Strong and confident, a good start to any piece of writing.

Joe: I feel like this is more a list of statements. As though you kind of tried to write a battle rap without punches. Also a lot of the lines were pretty stretched and felt forced rhythmically. I really think you need to work on some fundamentals of structure and understanding what form you're writing in and what is and isn't appropriate within a given form. I'm sure you're a good text battler, but topical doesn't seem to be your niche.

Vote: John pretty easily.
    AI

“ˇViva la Revolución!”

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0
    Awards Haiku Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion - Award Request Accepted Haiku Season Champion PC HOF FL Tournament Winner 25+ Wins

Re: Emeritus VS. Joe Boston: Topical Battle[open for votes]

I was going to vote on this but I'm pretty sure that as one of the competitors has been banned he loses?

That's how it used to be back in the day?
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.
    18-0 Crew Record, 06-07 Best Crew.

Battle Record
    64-45
    Awards FL Champion 50+ Wins 25+ Wins

So yea, you both have a decent story telling ability that carried over well into this topical battle. Villain with the more well worded and Joe with the better conceptual verse of the too. In terms of imagery, Emeritus captured more of the reader's attention with a more concise tale from start to finish while Boston would edge it out by bar with some ideas that had lots of potential to be heavy hitting. The vocabulary and emotion in E's verse seemed to outshine the attempted haymakers and one liners in J's which left me as a voter side with him in terms of a victory because it was a clearer read that felt more smooth and consistent than his opponents. I don't read many topicals but this one had an intriguing feel from title to delivery, especially if there were any truths in these rhymes, big ups to both y'all for dropping something unique in FL, keep at it.

V/ Villain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    !
    a
    N keep
    ;stay
    -
    raisn
    !

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0
    Awards Haiku Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion - Award Request Accepted Haiku Season Champion PC HOF FL Tournament Winner 25+ Wins

Vote/Joe for not being banned.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.
    18-0 Crew Record, 06-07 Best Crew.

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Messiah. View Post
    Vote/Joe for not being banned.
    For what?

Quote Originally Posted by Kill Spree View Post
    For what?
    Lol wait why isn’t he banned

Is*

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

3-0 Joe loses battle been open forever and no ones going to vote on it