User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: How can i fix this vocal issue?

Red face How can i fix this vocal issue?

Ok i remodeled the apartment and i got the home studio out the bedroom and put it in the living room. But when i record the mic picks up the sound of the refrigerator mind this i have a small apartment. So the frige is close to the living room. Is there anyway i can fix this so it doesnt pick up that sound. Like record from the bathroom or something ?

I have a rhode nt1 they were telling me that mic picks up alot of background noises. I was reccomended a audiotechnica

You've Earned a Custom Title! fo11's Avatar
    Battle Record
    11-14

Re: How can i fix this vocal issue?

Lmao @ Bathroom, Better put the refrigerator in bathroom,

Nah but you may cut that shits' power supply while recording.
    Buy Rap Beats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

shit im stuck lol fuckin refrigerator noise is annoying as hell..

also whats better the rhode nt1 or a audio tecnica around the same price?

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

I have the rode nt1a aswell, s'dope mic. Don't know why you would want to change. Just keep it in your bedroom or put it in the corner of your living room and put like 2 matresses around that area to close it off. If your fridge's noise is getting picked up in the mic I'm guessing you live in a small box lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .Bullet. View Post
    I have the rode nt1a aswell, s'dope mic. Don't know why you would want to change. Just keep it in your bedroom or put it in the corner of your living room and put like 2 matresses around that area to close it off. If your fridge's noise is getting picked up in the mic I'm guessing you live in a small box lol.
    worst advice, corners build up low end energy it will sound a muddy for vocals and who has 2 mattresses to spare lmao the most practical starting move is seeing as the nt1a is a cardioid mic is to make sure the null point is facing the fridge even then it's not a permanent fix
    De Kapitein

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

I've never heard of anyone who records in the middle o fthe room. If its that small of an apartment you'd probably get noise anywhere though. Try recording on your balcony, get some nice bird noises in your shit.

I've never heard of anyone who records in the middle o fthe room. If its that small of an apartment you'd probably get noise anywhere though. Try recording on your balcony, get some nice bird noises in your shit.
    in any room with parallel surfaces is going to sound horrible but yes wtf who tracks vocals in a corner? it's common to see people track in the middle of a room but lmao at corner where did you get this from
    De Kapitein

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

The way I've heard about stuff is is your record in the middle of a non soundproofed room your vocals go in every direction, there's not set guideline for them to follow. Atleast if your recording in a corner you'll have 2 sides guiding your vocals, and not have them bouncing around as much.

low frequencies will go in every direction, your mids and hi's are very much directional. and lmao at guiding your vocals where? back at your mic? i have diagrams of how sound reacts towards corners but i'm lazy to upload

the easiest solution would to be to think if your a hobbyest which most like he is if he's recording in his untreated living room or you consider this to be a profession and if your hobbyest than a little noise isn't that big of deal.

a sample of the fridge noise would be nice
    De Kapitein

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

True, but I have record in an open un-treated room, then in a corner and I COULD notice alot of difference. But i guess its to everyones own.

But anyways...I just looked up a few tutorials on automation and they were basically showing how to automate in the mixer say if you want one peice of the vocals to stand out more you can automate the vilume fadar in the mixer to go up or down. But is that what you guess were saying to do with that effect I was going for...because at the moment this automation thing doesn't seem like it.

True, but I have record in an open un-treated room, then in a corner and I COULD notice alot of difference. But i guess its to everyones own.

But anyways...I just looked up a few tutorials on automation and they were basically showing how to automate in the mixer say if you want one peice of the vocals to stand out more you can automate the vilume fadar in the mixer to go up or down. But is that what you guess were saying to do with that effect I was going for...because at the moment this automation thing doesn't seem like it.
    EVERYTHING can be automated at least in pro tools i can automate when i want the effect muted which is what you wanted right? you wanted the effect to only come up on the last word of the line right? it's easily done with automation
    De Kapitein

. Foolin' Forensics .
    Battle Record
    8-4

I'll leave this thread to this dude, go into the software thread and I'll post there .

You've Earned a Custom Title! fo11's Avatar
    Battle Record
    11-14

Hey, why dont u post a picture of ur living room so we cud guess where to put the refrigirator or where to spit.
    Buy Rap Beats

Battle Record
    12-1

I'd suggest cutting the fridge off, like dude says. Btw, my fridge doesn't make noise. Maybe yours is broken.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

How can i fix this vocal issue?

You don't want to record in the middle of an untreated room. The reflections will be much worse than the low end build up in a corner. Besides... What low end?? WTF are you Barry White?? You can EQ that shit better than you can erase reverb and room noise. It's the lesser of 2 evils.

You're better off squaring off a corner and treating it with treatment or blankets. If you have a lot of noise then your treatment is going to have to go ceiling to floor to make a real impact.

You don't have a closet to record in? It would be much easier to just treat a closet.