User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 56

Thread: Gym thread

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Gym thread

This used to be a popular discussion point.

Who all here works out? Lifts heavy?

Any powerlifters? Bodybuilders? Fighters? etc?

Whats your training look like?
    AI

You've Earned a Custom Title! yas jeshka yaaas's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-2

Re: Gym thread

Hello I am do the cardio for lose weight treadmeekmill and straits climber

Soule

I remember you, Ricardo and RXL being the main posters in this thread. Any recommendation for home equipment? I left all mine in Iowa.

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

@Chrit. I actually dedicated myself to going back to the gym at least 3 nights a week. Started last night and just did some random ish. I wanna get a routine to build up my cardio and muscle stamina though. I don't really care about being cut, I'm pretty strong and could care less about showing off my muscles. I just want them shits not to give out on me when I gotta do multiple trips to carry groceries/laundry up 3 floors lol. My arms be dead by time I'm done. Hook me up with a fat man routine that won't discourage me. Mind you I haven't been to the gym in like 5+ months before last night.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

@Nahlidge

Do the below program. Its just one week of a hypertrophy block. Should help your general fitness as its higher rep and a lower percentage of max weight.

Block 1-Hypertrophy-Week 1
    Monday
    Olympic Squat 3-5x10-12 at 60-65%
    Front Squat 2-3x10-12 at 60-65%
    GHR or Hamstring Curls 3x10

Tuesday
    Widegrip Bench 2-4x8-10 at 65-70%
    Competition Bench 2-4x8-10 at 65-70%
    DB Rows 4x10, Chest Supported or 1-Arm DB Rows are fine. I personally prefer chest supported.
    DB Skullcrushers 3x10
    DB Upright Rows 3x10

Wednesday
    Deadlift 3-5x6-8 at 70-75% or 6rm, if you feel strong go to 6rm, if you feel tired do the sets.
    Box Deadlift 2-4x6-8 at 70-75%
    GHR or Hamstring Curl 3x10
    Beginners could add Front Squats, Olympic Squats, Leg Press or Belt Squats today for 2-3x8 at 65-70%
    Intermediate could add Front Squats, Olympic Squats, Leg Press or Belt Squats today for 1-2x8 at 65-70%

Thursday
    Off

Friday
    Olympic Squat 3-5x8-10 at 65-70%
    Leg Press 3-5x8-10 at 8 RPE, if you don't have a leg press Belt Squat (loading pin and belt is fine), Front Squat and Box Squat are fine replacements.
    BB Hip Thrusts 3x10
    Beginners could add Box Deadlifts or 3" Block Pulls for 2-3x8 at 65-70%
    Intermediate could add Box Deadlifts or 3" Block Pulls for 1-2x8 at 65-70%

Saturday
    Closegrip Bench 3-5x6-8 at 70-75% or 6rm, if you feel strong go to 6rm, if you feel tired do the sets.
    Incline Bench 3-5x6-8 at 70-75%
    Lat Pulldowns or Pullups 4x10
    DB Flies 3x10
    DB Curls 3x10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    I remember you, Ricardo and RXL being the main posters in this thread. Any recommendation for home equipment? I left all mine in Iowa.
    Buy a squat rack or power rack, a utility bench, a bar and some weight. Thats all you really need.

Thats what I have (in addition to a couple of heavy bags, a treadmill, some kettlebells, and a curl bar). I literally do 90% of my workouts at home now.
    AI

Soule

Thanks man. I miss professional wrestling, it got me into some legitimate shape.

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Chrit. View Post
    @Nahlidge

Do the below program. Its just one week of a hypertrophy block. Should help your general fitness as its higher rep and a lower percentage of max weight.

Block 1-Hypertrophy-Week 1
    Monday
    Olympic Squat 3-5x10-12 at 60-65%
    Front Squat 2-3x10-12 at 60-65%
    GHR or Hamstring Curls 3x10

Tuesday
    Widegrip Bench 2-4x8-10 at 65-70%
    Competition Bench 2-4x8-10 at 65-70%
    DB Rows 4x10, Chest Supported or 1-Arm DB Rows are fine. I personally prefer chest supported.
    DB Skullcrushers 3x10
    DB Upright Rows 3x10

Wednesday
    Deadlift 3-5x6-8 at 70-75% or 6rm, if you feel strong go to 6rm, if you feel tired do the sets.
    Box Deadlift 2-4x6-8 at 70-75%
    GHR or Hamstring Curl 3x10
    Beginners could add Front Squats, Olympic Squats, Leg Press or Belt Squats today for 2-3x8 at 65-70%
    Intermediate could add Front Squats, Olympic Squats, Leg Press or Belt Squats today for 1-2x8 at 65-70%

Thursday
    Off

Friday
    Olympic Squat 3-5x8-10 at 65-70%
    Leg Press 3-5x8-10 at 8 RPE, if you don't have a leg press Belt Squat (loading pin and belt is fine), Front Squat and Box Squat are fine replacements.
    BB Hip Thrusts 3x10
    Beginners could add Box Deadlifts or 3" Block Pulls for 2-3x8 at 65-70%
    Intermediate could add Box Deadlifts or 3" Block Pulls for 1-2x8 at 65-70%

Saturday
    Closegrip Bench 3-5x6-8 at 70-75% or 6rm, if you feel strong go to 6rm, if you feel tired do the sets.
    Incline Bench 3-5x6-8 at 70-75%
    Lat Pulldowns or Pullups 4x10
    DB Flies 3x10
    DB Curls 3x10

- - - Updated - - -

Buy a squat rack or power rack, a utility bench, a bar and some weight. Thats all you really need.

Thats what I have (in addition to a couple of heavy bags, a treadmill, some kettlebells, and a curl bar). I literally do 90% of my workouts at home now.
    Word, this looks dope to me. by 6rm? do you mean just repping out til I feel it's time to quit rather than doing a certain number? that's how I used to do weights when I was boxing.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    41-13

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlidge View Post
    Word, this looks dope to me. by 6rm? do you mean just repping out til I feel it's time to quit rather than doing a certain number? that's how I used to do weights when I was boxing.

6RM would be working to a 6 rep max. So basically do sets of 6 with increasing weight until you fail.

- - - Updated - - -

Some bench day stuff:

315x8 (I think only 6 reps shown because Instagram...

225 for 16 reps after my workout. I was fucking burned out. Usually I can get it for 20-25 if I'm not pre-fatigued.
    AI

Soule

What's the most you can bench? Or squat?

Battle Record
    41-13

I think the last time I maxed my bench it was 425?

Squat was 675 but I fucked up my back... most Ive touched since then is only like 405. I'm slowly working at getting that back up where it should be though.
    AI

Soule

Damn, good shit man.

Battle Record
    41-13

AI

Soule

Crazy.

Does arching your back like that take away any gain? Or does it just simply help?

Battle Record
    41-13

It helps you get tighter and also slightly decreases the range of motion.
    AI

Soule

Oh alright cool, I'll try that out then.