User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: N!gga, what?

Question N!gga, what?

Hey guys, new to the forum and have only been rapping for about a week, I'm currently recording my first ever track and at the advice of my musical brother have had to scrap my first verse as it has the N word in it...and I'm white.

here's the verse:

I aint no nigga but I am a black sheep
    I'm justryna find my path but I lost bo peep
    Lord please forgive my ass coz I've gone too deep
    I patient-ly pray it wont last but I'm up shits creek
    an you gonna follow me, you gonna follow me

To give you all some context I never use that word. Not with friends, not with family. Actually, aside from this verse I don't remember ever saying it.

I didn't mind using the word in this particular instance because I intended for it to be a play on words, almost like flipping the N word on it's head. in the context of the verse it works well and without it the whole thing falls apart.

As I said I'm really new to rapping and writing lyrics and I'd like your views on not only this verse but the whole issue too, am I right in thinking that word is off limits to us crackas no matter what intentions are?

One love,
    Ziggy

ps cool forum.

tuskegee will always be by home, but huntsville alabama is where i post up.

Re: N!gga, what?

personally, i don't use it. if i can't get the point of what i'm saying across using derogatory terms (no matter how they're meant to be interpreted), then i fix that. i see no use for it. as for the verse, it was far too simple.. not even a verse, really. 5 lines.. not even 3 bars man. you had no multies in there, and the concept was far too basic. deffinately up your game, and also read the rules.

Yeah I agree with you mate which is why I scrapped it. Sorry, you're right it's not a verse. I don't really know the technical terms for anything but I assure you I'm not a one post wonder. I'll learn eventually. Thanks for the feedback mate. Appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Zig_Zag View Post
    Yeah I agree with you mate which is why I scrapped it. Sorry, you're right it's not a verse. I don't really know the technical terms for anything but I assure you I'm not a one post wonder. I'll learn eventually. Thanks for the feedback mate. Appreciated.
    Agree about the N word. How bout:

Ain't Black but I am a black sheep
    Where's my way back I lost Bo Peep

needs to be 16 Bars

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    3-14

good try for ya first shit but look at others and then compare see the problem and fix it from vocab to the whole 9 yard if u hav to

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

closed.