Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: XLR cables...

Battle Record
    3-2

XLR cables...

this is mainly directed at Opey...

I need a new one, and I was gonna make my own...

but I found a sweet deal on a 25' Mogami cable, with braided shield and gold ends for $15...

my question is, can I buy a complete cable and THEN solder the connections on it???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-2

Re: XLR cables...

In my experience with guitar leads... yes. Because when you cut a cable and strip off some wire its still got the same wires, yeh?
    I did it plenty of times with a rubber flexible cable and just added on some other 1/4" jack cables I had. XLR carries the exact same signal but just connects differently so I dont see why that should be any different

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

it costs $35 for 100ft of mogami mic cable. It costs about $1.50 for a connector. If you're going to need cables made from time to time then just make your own. If you only need a cable and dont plan on hooking up multiple connections then just go with someone else's cable. But keep in mind that the quality of cables you buy online will be determined by whoever soldered them. You can always resolder them but if you're going to have to solder anyway then you might as well save the money.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

TS, TRS, XLR, and RCA cables use the exact same cable.

Battle Record
    3-2

gotcha... for now I only have my single mic... well, and my dynamic, but that's different... anyway... it will be kind of a while before I get more gear or mics to where I would need more than one cable...

I won't bother to fix the one I've got, 'cause it's got the foil shield inside and has been rolled and unrolled so many times I'm certain the shielding is pretty much done for... so that's why I'm lookin' at the braided shielded type...

thanks guys...

Battle Record
    3-2

had a painful realization today...

I was settin' up to record my latest track, Evolution of The Chosen One (available NOW for your listenin' pleasure in Rap Songs)... I plugged my mic cable into #1 input as usual... now it's noise problem was louder than all hell, crackly and staticky and sounded like shit... but worst of all, it wouldn't pick up anything... no matter where the gain was set, hit boost, nothin'... so I plugged into #2 input... and it sounded beautiful, like the day it was new, and not a hint of noise... none...

so... it's not my cable, I've learned... instead, it looks like the preamp on input 1 is shot... oh well, looks like I'll just have to upgrade sooner rather than later...

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

you might be able to get it repaired. It could still be under warranty. A lot of times they don't even check. If they ask just say you just got it.

Battle Record
    3-2

I was thinkin' about doin' that actually... lol...