User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ~Burn The Memories~

Battle Record
    9-6

~Burn The Memories~

Morning arises from the black of the night uncovering secrets known only to me,
    The embers dying along with my soul, but if thats all that it takes to be free,
    Melting possessions thrown in the fire alongside the memories of my clouded brain,
    Out on the hill as the dawn slowly breaks, in a few minutes i'll escape from this pain,
    Love letters that once made me cry out for joy, my happiness fading into the ashes,
    As the fire burns out, giving way to the blazing sun, which contrasts the pale sky, and clashes.
    A ring that was used as a false representation of all the dreams i'd experienced before,
    An old silver locket, bearing a picture, of the man i once used to adore,
    Confetti kept back from the day that we swore, our bodies to each other, under Gods eyes,
    A tiny, pressed rose, from a beautiful boquet, is all that i kept for the tears i've cried,
    The only thing worthwhile, in the large silver box that i kept back to remind me of you,
    This rose was the only thing that you gave to me, the only love i believed to be true.
    As i throw in the last of the items, i bid my sorrows to rise and roam free,
    They can't haunt me, now that everythings gone, vanished like the pain you caused me,
    I don't think of those now, when the sun dragged his head, above the emerald hill where i lay,
    A few scars and a rose, was all that was left behind, on a hated mans funeral day,
    I'll go to the church, i'll sing with the angels, but not once will a tear be released,
    You didn't care for me at all when you were alive, so why should i care now you are deceased?
    Def Poets

the medicine man
    Battle Record
    52-34
    nice poem, i liked the wordplay here, i thought the topic was good and u did it very well and it was a nice poem. keep up the good work,

I don't think of those now, when the sun dragged his head, above the emerald hill where i lay,
    A few scars and a rose, was all that was left behind, on a hated mans funeral day,
    ^^^liked this^^^

please peep mine future, life, past death or sumfin like that.

aiight

peace

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

leave feed and a link i'll return it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Daughter of 00* DthsMissingAngel's Avatar
    Great piece. This brought back a lot of memories for me. The amount of pain, for the same reason as what you wrote. The emotion was truely felt. It brought a tear to my eye, due to the memories I endured. I loved it. Thank you for the great read. I needed this. Most respect.

*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸**¸.·'´)¸.·'´)*
    «´¨`·..* SwEeT PeA *..·´¨`»
    *(¸.·'´(¸.·'´**`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*

uraddiction
    great job. the emotion was defentaly there and i can understand where it is comming from. it was a nice poem keep up da good work

You've Earned a Custom Title! Smooth JT's Avatar
    Battle Record
    0-1
    Again from you hun a good peice. Stepping up in life and saying you don't have control over me anymore, I am once again free. Thats what i got out of it. Respect from the heart, repsect from the soul. JT
    "Leave your feedback on the page because only the peanut gallery is welcome here"

"You laugh at me bacause i'm different but I laugh at you because your all the same"

.:LadySage:.
    nice nice nice
    emotion was off the chain
    the pictures you created just took over everything and i was stuck in this piece
    structure, vocab, usage...everything was good, no, not good, bangin, i loved it
    much respect for this piece
    keep elevatin
    keep writin
    most definetly i'm going to keep reading

Battle Record
    2-2
    i love the feeling you put into your writing
    its always better when it comes from the heart, even though sometimes it might hurt.
    ~Hasta~

Battle Record
    9-6
    ^true true, the past hurts so bad, so the trick is not to dwell on it, thanks for the love and i want y'all to know i have a lot of respect fot ya.
    Def Poets