First let me start by saying there have been a few people that were skeptical of this. i understand. Just let me say Gizmo(who is signed to universal records) is in charge of the mixtape. He was against the whole idea of getting people off the net. He wanted it all local. I assured him that there was mad talent... so if you dont want a part of it, Simply dont reply to the thread. im not begging anyway.

Hello. I know some of you have been awaiting the signups. Here it is. let me explain the logistics of the mixtape.

I would appreciate it if a mod would stickie this.
This mixtape will be a collab of unsigned and signed artist. Los Angeles has lost its underground hiphop. There hasnt been a mixtape release in years. Because of this people do not take much interest in underground artist out here anymore. With this mixtape people will begin to feel and appreciate underground hiphop.

The setup:
Ok I and a team of others have talked to many record stores. 6 soon to be 7, have agreed to distribute free of charge the mixtape with any purchase of music from there store.

We are have found a good deal on getting the cd's pressed. There will be approxiamatly 5000 cds in circulation from the start. We currently have 2 djays who will be spinning a couple tracks from the cd (if its banging) and also be distributing at parties. Also we have a team of high schoolers from 4 MAJOR highschools in the Los Angeles area, who will distribute them at school.

Although you will not be able to get cash for you songs.... here is the good news. THIS MIXTAPE WILL BE HEARD BY AN EXECUTIVE AT UNIVERSAL RECORDS. One of the mixtape staff/artist is curently signed with universal, and assured us that his producer's will Have a listen.

To signup simply Reply to this thread with your aim or msnmessenger, and a site where your music is uploaded. Or you may pm me with your info, and that your interested. My email is daniel_t1228@hotmail.com
aim:squad postman

also... Since we cannot afford to get all the tracks mastered, I suggest you record in an booth. If not make sure the mix is real clean. All the tracks WILL be professionally equalized, so all the tracks soundlevels are the same.

We really want collabs. Solo tracks may be accepted but we only want 3-4 on the mixtape. Collabs keep the mixtape alive.

Here is the roster so far

Artist Label

Gizmo - Marvel man squad - Universal Records
Postman - The Squad - Unsigned
K9 - Death Row Recordsd

Collabs
Postman & Gizmo

The signups have just started. The slots will be getting filled fast. plz hurry in signing up.

all tracks will have to be finished by Labor Day. If you didnt get a chance to sign up you can drop and audio and see if it makes the cut. Thank you.
And good luck to your journey of hiphop.