User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 34

Thread: 10-23-03 Everyone will die, dont mess with fate

Battle Record
    30-9

10-23-03 Everyone will die, dont mess with fate

ok monday when i got to school im walkin thru the quad on my way to my first period class... and i look up on the side of the theater and in red spray paint HELLA big it says
    "10/21/03"
    "Everyone will die"
    "Dont play with fate"

and this shit took time too... it wasnt no quick graffitti shit... each letter was like 6ft tall and 3 ft wide

so im like uhhhhh wtf... and i get home and i get a call from the school "your children will be safe, reguardless of the recents threats.. blah blah blah" so im like ummm i aint gonna be at school tomorrow...

then im on my way to the 7-11 down the street from my house... and im about to cross the street... when all of the sudden i see like 10 cop cars goin 120 fly by hella fast towards my school...

and im like "DaMN fuck this shit" cause on friday they had bomb threats at another school in my town... but whats up with this shit man... whats wrong with kids these days? I think its all these little wanna be nortes at my school who are all little wiggaz... but i dunno... i like breathen so i was like i think im gonna say home tomorrow... what would you do?
    Last edited by Qui-Gon Illy; October 22nd, 2003 at 09:16 PM

Imaginasian
    Well if we all die tommrow thne I will miss my Basketball Pracitce. It is really stupid that kids do this, they just want attention, but all those are just a certain ammount of events in a vertain time, noting mroe, but still weird.

Battle Record
    30-9
    and then this too....

Bomb squad called after bicyclist stopped
    Fleeing subject allegedly threw explosives, syringes
    Wednesday, October 22, 2003

By MARSHA DORGAN
    Register Staff Writer

A bicyclist stopped by police on Garfield Lane ended up causing quite a commotion, bringing dozens of police officers and the county bomb squad to the scene.

It took a foot pursuit, a scuffle and a dose of pepper spray to take Shane Michael Newhouse, 30, of Napa into custody.

The chain of events started around 8 p.m., Monday, when a sheriff's deputy spotted Newhouse riding his bicycle without the proper lights for riding at night, sheriff's Capt. Mike Loughran said.

As the deputy drove by Newhouse, he recognized him from prior contacts, he said.

When the deputy stopped Newhouse, he became irate and aggressive and appeared to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, Loughran said. "He got off the bike, then attempted to get on it like he was going to leave, jumped off again and pushed it toward the deputy. He ran away down an alley off Garfield Lane."

The deputy took off after Newhouse, who was throwing things on the ground as he ran, Loughran said.

When the deputy finally caught up with Newhouse, he ordered him to the ground, he said. "Newhouse refused and hit the deputy in the head with his fists."

Back-up units arrived, and after a dousing of pepper spray, Newhouse was taken into custody.

He was taken to Queen of the Valley Hospital, where he was treated and released to the custody of the sheriff's department, Loughran said.

The deputy suffered cuts and bruises and was treated at the Queen and released, Loughran said.

Meanwhile, other deputies and police searched the alley looking for the items Newhouse discarded as he jogged down the pavement.

In addition to finding several syringes, a crank smoking pipe and a .40-caliber Winchester rifle bullet, they also found an old military smoke grenade, Loughran said.

"It burns hot when activated. It would have torched the field if he had thrown it into the dry grass," Loughran said.

The Napa County Hazardous Device Disposal Team was called to detonate the explosive.

The area was cordoned off with yellow tape, and one family, who lives nearby, was evacuated, Loughran said.

The grenade was detonated, and the family was allowed to return to their home around 10 p.m.

Other than the deputy, no one was hurt.

Newhouse was arrested on suspicion of felony battery upon a peace officer, being a felon in possession of ammunition, misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia and violation of probation.

Battle Record
    30-9
    here is the story that was in the newspaper today

Vintage High students avoid school after graffiti threat

By MARSHA DORGAN
    Register Staff Writer

Concerned and frightened parents kept their children home from Vintage High School on Tuesday, following a graffiti threat sprayed in the quad over the weekend, stating "Everyone will die 10/21/03."

About 30 percent of the student body did not attend school on Tuesday, according to school officials.

An anxious staff, along with police, searched the campus thoroughly Monday and found nothing, Vintage High School Principal Eric Schneider said.

"We talked to teachers, asking them if they had heard any talk from the students ... anything unusual that might give us a clue. We came up with absolutely nothing. At that point, we felt comfortable holding classes today," Schneider said.

Other than many empty desks, classes went on without a hitch on Tuesday, but some students, like senior Lindsey Cooper, took the threat seriously.

"It may just be a threat, but it has happened at other schools," Cooper, 17, said. "I just felt safer staying at home today."

Classmate Oorena Rameriz, also a senior, attended school on Tuesday.

"I just felt it most likely was a prank. So, I went to school today. But, I was being very aware of things going on around me," Rameriz said. "I didn't feel real threatened ... maybe just a little."

On Monday, the school sent out an automatic voice mail to every parent informing them of the graffiti. The phone message also reassured parents the school, along with police, had made every effort to make sure students would be safe if they attended school Tuesday.

"We had many, many calls from parents. Staff was here until 7 p.m., Monday fielding calls. The parents were very worried. We didn't try to convince them to send their children to school, but just assured them we felt the school was safe, and if we didn't, we would not hold school," Schneider said.

He added the teachers handled the discussions about the threats with their students.

"They focused on making sure the students felt safe and were free to share their fears," he said. "In these days, we have to teach students to deal with moments of adversity."

The graffiti threat was discovered on the little theater building by school maintenance staff on Saturday. School district staff were called in immediately to paint over the message. The city graffiti abatement crew arrived on Monday and removed the spray paint.

Napa police officers were out in full force at the school Tuesday morning, Sgt. Gil Gallegos said.

Officers were at the school early, checking out buildings, lockers and looking for anything suspicious or out of the ordinary, Gallegos said. "We also had a K-9 sniffing for explosives. Once we determined it was safe, we began scaling down."

Gallegos said there were rumors that "10/21/03" was picked because it was the anniversary of the Columbine High School shootings in Colorado in which two students shot and killed 12 classmates and a teacher, before committing suicide.

The Columbine shooting happened on April 20, 1999, not October, he said. "That also helped give us less credence to the threats."

Schneider said the school has been a victim of graffiti in the past.

"But this time, it's pretty threatening. Before it has been tagging or dispute between individuals," he said. "I will be very concerned if this becomes a pattern. But I'm glad to report, as of now, that's not the case."

Battle Record
    30-9
    i didnt go to school.... but i drove by at lunchtime and there was like 5 people there lol

Students respond to graffiti threat

By HEATHER OSBORN
    Register Staff Writer

From nonchalance to anxiety, Vintage High School students reacted differently to threats that were spray-painted on campus over the weekend.

The message, "Everyone will die 10/21/03," appeared on the theater building in the quad, but was painted over by Monday and removed by Tuesday.

School administrators conducted an internal investigation Monday, concluding that the threat did not warrant canceling classes.

"I thought it was a joke," said Yadira Gallegos, a freshman, adding that she chose to come to school primarily because she wanted to meet the strict attendance rules for her new driver's education class. She said some teachers closed and locked classroom doors to make students feel safer.

Another student, freshman Gabe Gonzalez, said he believed the threat. "Why would someone write that if they weren't going to do something?"

Gallegos and Gonzalez were among the roughly 70 percent of students who attended school Tuesday, though several said they had considered staying home. Brian Marchus, a counselor, said 99 percent of the teaching staff showed up Tuesday.

Nearly every student interviewed had discussed the matter with their parents, weighing the pros and cons of skipping school for the day.

"I wasn't going to come to school but my dad said I had to," said Sophomore Vivaldo Ceballos, Jr. "I was a little scared."

Most parents received a schoolwide phone message from Principal Eric Schneider Monday night. In the message, he assured parents that extra safety precautions would be taken Tuesday, including additional police support on campus.

Some students tapped into their religious beliefs to deal with the threats, including freshman Kaylee Cocke, who said she prayed with a friend's mom before going to school.

"I wasn't really scared. I was more nervous," Cocke said. "Having the police here made me feel safer."

Students said up to five police cars were parked around campus during the day. Normally, one police officer is at the school.

Several students said it's impossible to know when tragedy will strike so they chose to attend school.

"If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. You can't be scared every day," Gallegos said.

Students and staff reported a fairly normal day at Vintage, but noted that more students than normal were absent Tuesday and more parents than usual called the front office during the day to ask questions.

"In all of my classes, at least half of the students were gone," said Christina Pella, a sophomore. "I think a lot of them were like, 'hey, it's a good way to get out of school.'"

Some people expressed such cynicism about the threat, but said they had to react with extra precautions anyway.

"The threat is taken seriously, but I don't think any of us felt intimidated because appropriate steps had been taken to calm fears," said Kelin Backman, an English teacher.

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion

Re: 10-23-03 Everyone will die, dont mess with fate

Originally posted by Ill-Mental
    and im like "DaMN fuck this shit" cause on friday they had bomb threats at another school in my town... but whats up with this shit man... whats wrong with kids these days? I think its all these little wanna be nortes at my school who are all little wiggaz... but i dunno... i like breathen so i was like i think im gonna say home tomorrow... what would you do?
    ^^^
    Another thing backing my hatred of white people
    AI

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15
    Damn, thats Some shit. Its gonna be hard for alot of people to get that out. I think what Possibly saved most of ya'll was capturing that bike cat. Wow...thats some shit, joke or not.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Administrator
    Battle Record
    3-0
    I'm glad I am out of High School. Kids are crazy nowadays.

- The End -

Battle Record
    7-15
    Watch the documentary Bowling For Columbine, and alot of questions will be answered. A powerful film no doubt, which could've happened here if it wasn't for the po-po catchin that biker.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

flump
    kids are gay, we had a bomb threat at my school, and i left for lunch and when i tried to comeback the cops were aking me questions about it even though i told them i was at school when it happened.

Battle Record
    30-9
    i havent seen that shit... but i think im gonna watch it now

but anyways... nothin happened... but still this shit aint normal in my town lol....

Battle Record
    7-15
    It ain't normal in any town. Even in New York where I Live, due to 9/11, a simple bomb threat is hittin front pages know what I mean. I think too much fear is in people and they overreact but this still is freaky.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!

Battle Record
    30-9
    Hey i mean... i didnt really think anything was gonna happen... but i stayed home cause it was a good excuse... went to the mall... chilled with my woman.... fucked with my woman... went home... slept... went to work... cam home.... went to bed, and i didnt have school, so overall.... i had a good 10/21/03... and i didnt die, so it made it that much better

*Y_nOt*
    Originally posted by S.DoT.KiddZ
    It ain't normal in any town. Even in New York where I Live, due to 9/11, a simple bomb threat is hittin front pages know what I mean. I think too much fear is in people and they overreact but this still is freaky.

^^^^HELLZ YEA SON.....living in New York after 9/11 any word of a bomb or any craz-e shit goin down the city stops and literally shuts down. Bus's stop running, school go on lock down, subways stop and shut down...its crazy!! I graduated high school last year and when i was in school in Brooklyn I can remember even when their was bomb threats in manhatten they wouldnt let us out of the school to even go home.......on 9/11 i remember every bourrow shut down. I remember they wouldnt let us out on 9/11 and we all went into class rooms and watched the t.v and at around like 12:30pm they told us all to go home and even then their was atleast 5 cops on every corner. Shit like that isnt no joke man. Their is still so much tention in this country about terrorism and possible future attacks on u.s soil. People are fucked up now a'days. Kids you grew up with and even older peeps in your own hoods you gotta watch out for, and its always the person you'de least suspect that would do some craz-e ass shit. Atleast they caught that guy tho....if that bomb shit would'a went off or w/e and kids were killed that would have been really crazy and fucked up....I hope he does mad time and thats werd!!! 1

Henceman.
    Battle Record
    23-4
    Why Does The Thread Say... 10/23... But The Articles Say... 10/21?
    I'm a fag, I'm a faggot...
    Oh I'm a faggot...
    I'm a fag, I'm a faggot...
    Oh Oh...Oh I'm a faggot