User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: 50 Cent Pushes Back Next Album To Make Room For G-Unit

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted

50 Cent Pushes Back Next Album To Make Room For G-Unit

50 Cent has a new timetable for his next solo album: June 2004. The beefed-up MC had planned on dropping it in February, but he doesn't want to be competing with himself and his crew in record stores.

"I was gonna release it in the first quarter, but [the record company] asked me to give [G-Unit's Beg for Mercy] room, you know," 50 explained last week in Puerto Rico at the Mixshow Power Summit. "The material for [the G-Unit] record came out so well, they feel like it's gonna [have a long shelf life]."

It turned out so well that the G-Unit's Young Buck expects the record to surpass the first-week sales of 50's Get Rich or Die Tryin', which moved close to 900,000 copies.

"A million and a half," Buck predicted without flinching. "I believe anything is possible. You know, with the controversy around the album, I think once the people get a hold of it and they get to listening and seeing the things on this album, that's gonna make you say, 'Hold up — I know they didn't just say that.' It's gonna draw a whole lot more people."

One of Beg for Mercy's main drawing points, according to 50, will be the Lloyd Banks solo cut "Smile."

"It's huge, man," 50 said with a smile. "I think the record is gonna be probably if not the second, the third single on this album. 'I wanna be the reason you smile,' he's saying. A lot of times [artists] write records about relationships and everyone is in love or everyone is in a good space in the relationship. They do that a lot for R&B remixes and those situations. But particularly on a hip-hop level, I think that there is difference. There are those relationships where everything is not going good."

The G-Unit are building some big relationships with some of their peers. They've formed allegiances with such cats as Snoop Dogg, Lil' Flip, Busta Rhymes and Jay-Z. And in the video for Beg for Mercy's first single, "Stunt 101," the guys get a guest spot from Brandy. The clip takes its plot from the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds."

Beg for Mercy is due November 18, and 50 said a Lloyd Banks solo album should drop in March, with Young Buck's debut following in August.

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i hope beg for mercy wont have as many sentimental tracks as get rich or die trying...because if smile is anything like 21 questions i will write off lloyd banks forever

GaT_BlaStA
    thats gonna be dope...haha ya 21 questions fucked bored me soo fast it wasnt even funy..if its better than get rich or dye tryin i will be amazed

Battle Record
    16-3
    he says its to give beg for mercy room, but its really to revamp his shitty lyrics.... maybe he realised only kids thought he was a good rapper?

"as many sentimental tracks as get rich or die tryin" ?? What other sentimental tracks were there?

Camarac, wheres your source?

Battle Record
    5-1
    Both albums should be dope.
    It's me - Bare Knuckles!
    Yes.. the rumours are true.

Alias: Atheist.

gotaloveforrap
    i agree wit bare knuckles, they should both be tight, but ima say g units album will be tighter, just my opinion though.

peace.....

Em-UhTh-Double Guh-Ah MuhThugga's Avatar
    Oooooo......wow.......

I think I'll spend my money on something better, like a real CD.

Battle Record
    16-3
    get rich or die trying was the most expensive drink coaster i ever bought.................... 80% lloyd banks, 20% yayo, 0% 50 cent and young buck would be a cool album

Tha Burnin Sensation 2hot2handle's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-17
    hey, what about tony yayo, is he still in jail and if so how long

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

- Martin Luther King Jr.

View this from last year^

TeraRhymes
    yayo was suppose to be out this month but hes not out till june or july now

tRiPliCiTy
    bah should be alrite i suppose, to hear in a car or a party, but it will only be good the first 20 times well during individual listening time