User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Kazaa Strikes Back

Battle Record
    1-0

Kazaa Strikes Back

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Turning the tables on record labels, makers of the most popular file-sharing network are suing entertainment companies for copyright infringement.
    Sharman Networks, the company behind the Kazaa file-sharing software, filed a federal lawsuit on Monday accusing the entertainment companies of using unauthorized versions of its software in their efforts to snoop out users.

Sharman said the companies used Kazaa Lite, an ad-less replica of its software, to get onto the network. The lawsuit also claims efforts to combat piracy on Kazaa violated terms for using the network. Entertainment companies have offered bogus versions of copyright works and sent online messages to users.

Sharman's lawsuit also revives its previous allegation that the entertainment companies violated antitrust laws by stopping Sharman and its partner from distributing authorized copies of music and movies through Kazaa.

U.S. District Judge Stephen V. Wilson rejected those claims in July but last week allowed Sharman to try again.

The Recording Industry Association of America called Sharman's "newfound admiration for the importance of copyright law" ironic and "self-serving."

Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group declined comment on Sharman's latest lawsuit.

Earlier this month, recording companies sued 261 music fans, claiming they were illegally distributing hundreds of digital song files apiece over the Internet. The industry trolled file-sharing networks such as Kazaa and downloaded song files from users' computers.

Once the industry determined a downloaded song file was a copyright work, they issued subpoenas to Internet access providers to find out who was behind the account used to log onto the file-sharing network.
    <center>The Internet Sucks!</center>

I haven't posted yet...
    Battle Record
    12-4
    Cool..........I hope Sharman Networks win

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    ggggggoooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddd d stuff i fukin hate record companies......................................... ................

Banned: Idiot
    Battle Record
    32-13
    Yeah So Do I I Need Kazaa Imesh Stinks.......................
    <center>The Fuck?</center>

Battle Record
    2-0
    LoL, 'bout damn time they did something.

Company's sueing people for this shit is fucking ridiculous, each trial they go through costs tax payers money, it just keeps on adding up.

The RIAA and All Pro-RIAA musicians can go stick their platinum dildo's up their asses.
    m
    ˈpɛr ˈse

–noun

by, of, for, or in itself; intrinsically.

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted
    Vote - Kazaa

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do you have Nahlidge?
    Battle Record
    11-6
    ^ Word.

i agree. kazaa is dope.
    KDotI
    I'm godly

The Rebirth

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion
    Closed

Fuck kazaa

Soulseek is better...
    lol

And fuck the RIAA
    AI

flump
    WTF. why are you closing this? this is something people might want to talk about.

re-opened

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted
    ^ My point exactly. Kids on some power trip, he's closing threads that dont even deserve to be closed, lol. .

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

and the tai kwon monks ! Methane's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-0
    SoulSeek For Life.. Woooo
    raiders of the lost art ©
    W o r d P e r f e c t

the pound is stronger than the dollar, HOLLA !

Battle Record
    41-13
    Awards Cypher Winner - Award Request Accepted LLL HOF OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion 100+ Wins ABL Champion
    Hmm...

Yeah...

Shouldnt have closed this one...

Oh well...
    AI

I haven't posted yet...
    Battle Record
    12-4
    ^^Or the other 250^^

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    yea chrit ur my boy but go a little easy with the closing...

anyway, i knew this would happen. and im fuckin TIRED of hearing from kids that they wont use kazaa cus theyre gonna get sued.

1. THE IRAA CANNOT SUE YOU FOR THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY IDIOTS THAT HANDED OVER MONEY WERE THE MORONS THAT SETTLED OUT OF COURT!!!!!!!!!!

2. USING OTHER FILE SHARING PROGRAMS WILL NOT STOP YOU FROM GETTING A SUBPOENA!!! THEY ALL WORK OFF THEE SAME NETWORK!!! AND THE FEW THAT DONT... THE IRAA KNOWS ABOUT THOSE TOO!!!

3. OUT OF THE MILLIONS OF USERS THEY HAVE ISSUED SUBPOENAS FOR ALMOST 300 PEOPLE!!! if there are only 4 million users which there are way more than that... the odds of you getting a subpoena are .0075%. you literally have a better chance of getting your arm chopped off.

GaT_BlaStA
    ya i never heard of soulseek or w/e but kazaa all the way