User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 49

Thread: Chong off to prison...

Battle Record
    2-0
    "The 65-year-old was allowed to remain free until federal prison officials tell him in a few weeks where he must report to prison.

Chong also forfeited about $100,000 for his arrest on federal drug paraphernalia charges. He'll spend a year on probation after he's released from prison.

His Nice Dreams Enterprises, which made a line of marijuana bongs and pipes, was to be sentenced later Thursday. Under federal law, the business itself can be placed on probation or face other sanctions.

Chong pleaded guilty in May to conspiring to sell drug paraphernalia and pleaded guilty on behalf of Nice Dreams Enterprises, which did business under the name Chong Glass.

The actor's plea came after federal Drug Enforcement Administration agents bought his paraphernalia and had the items shipped to an undercover business in Beaver Falls, northwest of Pittsburgh. Agents also confiscated his company's paraphernalia during raids of "head shops" in several states and confiscated "thousands of marijuana bongs and pipes" in a raid of his Gardena, Calif., business.

His plea followed a series of DEA raids in February in which at least 55 people were charged with trafficking in illegal drug paraphernalia. Federal officials said the investigation targeted the nation's biggest Internet distributors of paraphernalia.

Prosecutors said Chong was the first person to plead guilty in the raids.

Chong and Cheech Marin co-starred in several films in the late 1970s and early '80s, including "Nice Dreams" and "Up In Smoke." Chong recently had a recurring role on Fox's "That '70s Show."

(Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.) "

Full article...Jesus, fucking America.
    m
    ˈpɛr ˈse

–noun

by, of, for, or in itself; intrinsically.

> You
    Battle Record
    8-3
    Yes but then again it says paraphernalia. So that can mean OTHER things. Such as crack-pipes and whatnot. And these are in NO way legal. So no telling.
    Word Perfect

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    What they fail to mention in that article is that many of the documented sales associated with his site did not have enough protection to ensure the age of the buyers. I too was once in the business with a few of my close associates and after purchasing the domain rights, pay systems, I found out just how easy it is to sell to minors. We decide to hold on until we worked out a fail safe plan, then we find out Tommy Chong is under investigation for the same activites. I can tell you now, that was the last of our little scheme to grab a piece of that market share. The laws are very convaluted right now, it almost seems as if they were purposely writting in such a way. These laws were written prior to Bush, so please stop the Bush bashing in here. It's sad, but someone wanted to make an example out of a high profile person, just one more obsticle to hurrdle on the road to de-criminalize Marijuana. It's very difficult to varify a persons age via internet transactions, as I said, this is an avenue I already traveled. I give it another couple of years before the laws are relaxed some..

[YOUTUBE]Av7yOXafS40?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]
    "World Class War" Official Music Video
    We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-0
    Ohhh...it was about minors...
    m
    ˈpɛr ˈse

–noun

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    Originally posted by Bruklor

Thats fucked...

There's hat's, lighters, fucking everything with the weed leaf on them. Can people in possesion of these items be charged? Weird American laws...
    In Canada they don't do shit if its a small amount or something. I don't really pay attention cuz I don't smoke...
    no, clothing isn't illegal. just smoking accessories. i mean it's common sense really. weed is illegal. if u say "hey this is for smoking weed" what do you think will happen? the thing you have to remember is that he is exploiting the system. our system is extremely fucked up when it comes to drugs, because the government has its own drug dealers. they are doing their best to get rid of their competitors. Here's a great example of how fucked up our system is. in maryland the maximum fine for posession of cocaine is $2,000. The maximum fine for posession of marijuana is $15,000. is this because weed is more harmful? no, it's because weed is more popular. it is more competition than cocaine. THink about it. why would you spend thousands of dollars a year on drugs like prozac when you can grow weed in your back yard for free?

Battle Record
    40-21
    Damn thats messed up.....He also prolly got in trouble because he was referring to them as "Bongs" & not the technical term for em "tobacco pipes"......Theres stores right now by where I stay that say if u come in askin to buy a "Bong" instead of a "Tobacco Pipe" they can have u arrested........

Chong was the man....so was cheech, I hate to see someone like him goin to prison......America & there fucked up marijuana laws.

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    On point @opey. I would need so many prescriptions if it was not for the plant. I mean the daily stress of life alone is enough to make someone turn to zooloft or prozac or worse. Come on Anxiety is getting out of control in todays society, but with just one puff, it would be quelled. Instead people are spending millions on doctors and pharmacuticals.

We can use all the views we can get, please support the Father/Daughter movement in hip hop. Do us a favor and post on your Facebook walls and such. Thank you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-0
    Originally posted by ...OpeY...

no, clothing isn't illegal. just smoking accessories. i mean it's common sense really. weed is illegal. if u say "hey this is for smoking weed" what do you think will happen? the thing you have to remember is that he is exploiting the system. our system is extremely fucked up when it comes to drugs, because the government has its own drug dealers. they are doing their best to get rid of their competitors. Here's a great example of how fucked up our system is. in maryland the maximum fine for posession of cocaine is $2,000. The maximum fine for posession of marijuana is $15,000. is this because weed is more harmful? no, it's because weed is more popular. it is more competition than cocaine. THink about it. why would you spend thousands of dollars a year on drugs like prozac when you can grow weed in your back yard for free?
    Very true. If its labelled "for tobacco use only" its legal though right? (I know it is in Canada, just wondering about America, I'd fingure it would be the same.
    m
    ˈpɛr ˈse

–noun

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    yea it has to be sold as tobacco pipes.

prophiit
    wierd though i smoke errrr used to smoke bud and know from experience you can buy a "tobacco pipe" not get a chance to even pack the bitch, get pulled over and arrested for paraphenilia......sad......i agree with opey and bounce though sounds like the good ole' government is trying to off the competition......i wonder if that can be fought under the anti-trust laws?..........hmmmm......oh well chong is the shit and he probably won't do much time if any........1

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15
    Were'ent the Bushes weed heads before?
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    coke heads

prophiit
    ^didn't know that i thought g-dub was just an alcholic.....you really do learn something new everyday

Kredit
    ^ Well great, that made me feel a helluva lot better about our government.

Battle Record
    3-0
    Awards WOP Champion
    Goerge Washinton grew hemp, chopped down a cherry tree cuz he had hella munchies and still won our independece from britain. Shit we should legalize just based on that... But yeah a person's pass seems to determine his overall acceptance in the political arena, that just sad. I rather have someone who represents me, than some fucker thats never been out the cave.. That's why I liked Clinton no matter his background or his 'oral office sexcapades', I only disliked his defense budget cuts..

Either way, it sux that tommy chong got nailed. It could happen to anyone one of us...