User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: Going against the Masses

ReccA

Going against the Masses

aiight...i'll be the first to admit it...i do NOT think Biggie and 2Pac are the best of all time....maybe the best RAPPERS, in the most strict use of the word...but overall emcee, or overall lyricist...no, not even close....i think its gotten to a point where they are just accepted as the best and never questioned...maybe because they are dead (yes even pac)...they rhyme about the same thing people do now...the same way too...and there were people before them who did it...definately way overrated....
    and Tupac was a hipocrite in my eyes....he preached about getting out of the ghetto and stopping all this shit....but then on the next track brags about shootin cats and how much of a thug he is....he makes "Baby Dont Cry"....and then makes...."California Love".....listen to those two right after each other and tell me he isnt the least bit hipocritical....
    And please stop all ideas of 50, Jay Z, or Nas being the best...Big L as well....they arent...never will be...Big L was about as good as canibus...but being dead builds u up a lot....I like Nas, but no...JayZ is THE most overrated rapper of all time...50 Cent is the fastest played out rapper of all time...and his shit is no different from the next guy........
    agree, disagree....lets hear some opinions....and dont just come in here and bitch at me cuz i dissed your favorite rapper...lets get some intelligent arguments here...
    LP

Battle Record
    10-18
    uhhh well i agree wit u in a sence.
    tha how peolpe say that biggie was grea or 2pac "god how great he is" without considerin how "hipocritical" he really is yes u do make a ppoint about those 2 songs. but u also hafta agree that those 2 were gifted talented artists but hey wiono wat i am talkin bout i am whitelol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

.Major League Gaming.
    XBOX 360 GT: COF Nightmare

Em-UhTh-Double Guh-Ah MuhThugga's Avatar
    Well....you also have to look at the fact that most of the people making those claims are 14 year old white wannabe gangstas who sit on the computer all day long bragging about the guns they don't own.

Personally......I think Aesop Rock is the best......but it is all on a matter of opinion.....I can find people who agree....and others who disagree......

But it is a proven fact that 50 Cent is garbage

flump
    ^^^are you saying mostly 14 year olds listen to pac?

i dont say pac is the best but he is one of the best. you cant say that pac isnt dope. if you say pac isnt dope its obvious that you dont listen to him. or your tring to be cool by only like underground rappers.

i dont care how hypocritical he is, i could relate to shit he says. he comes gangster cause thats what he was but he also knew things needed to change and their is more to life then being a gangster.i see nothing wrong with that. and to say pac isnt a lyricist is retarded, a lyricist isnt someone that uses big words a lyricist is someone that can put his thoughts in to words and turn them to songs with meaning and make you think.

big was dope on ready to die but thats his only CD that i really liked

nas is amazing to me, he comes with the best shit out of the mainstream, and he never fallows one style.he never fallows what everyone else does he could do deep shit, he could do songs in reverse, he could do it all nas is amazing. not the best but top 3 in my opinion

jay-z was good on reasonable doubt but after that i dont like him

50 is trash

big L is dope but not one of the best.

my top 3 are rakim, pac, and nas

but who the fuck are you to tell people what thier opinions on music should be? if someone thinks pac is the best, or 50 is the best, let them. who the fuck are you to tell people to stop calling them the best of all time.

Battle Record
    0-1
    and who is the greatest..uh Recca..?

tupac and biggie.... are hip hop heroes...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

<center>G. Buttersworth™</center>

-An Original RB Member: Yes, We're That Much Better-

Still in the grave Johnny 6-feet's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-1
    one of these im gonna find an rb thread which i hasnt been made before.

today is not that day. and shut the fuck up about big l, he was beyond dope.

SS League Record 31-8
    SS HW Champ
    14 x OM HoF

Battle Record
    30-12
    Originally posted by G. Buttersworth

tupac and biggie.... are hip hop heroes...
    because they are dead. if they were alive today they wouldnt be held in such high regards. just like when Aaliyah died....her album was what? #50 on the billboards? the next week she was #1. when people die they all of a sudden get alot of fans...

Battle Record
    16-3
    I agree with recca to a certain extent....2pacs and biggies shit was not THAT great when it came to actual lyrical ability, they always rapped about similar things and they were hypocritical to themselves.....but the fact that THEIR SHIT CAME OUT SOUNDING GOOD AND WAS REAL CRAP THAT PPL COULD RELATE TO made them the greatest rappers who ever lived (2pac anyway, im not that big a fan of biggie)......................... in my personal opinion, Eminem ( i hope you guys are open minded enough not to discriminate him becoz of his color-and yes, i am white too) and NAS are the best when it comes to pure lyrical skills-wordplay, originality, and interest.

ps. no offense or anything, but how come almost everyone on these boards hates 50 cent? (No bullshit answers like "he just sucks" or "he has no talent" honest answers and reasons plz....thanks)

pps. i dont think 50 cent sucks, but hes not a god either

Battle Record
    30-12
    ^because he tries to use a "gangsta" image to market his shit to 14 year olds while rapping about how hes hard even thought JaRule beat his ass.....twice. he rhymes the same words together and sometimes doesnt even rhyme at all. hes shit. pure and simple.

Battle Record
    7-1
    What drew people to Pac when he was alive wasn't his lyrics is was his forwardness to say whatever he felt at the time, which could shift from "Fuck Badboy" to "We need to get out the ghetto", he was not as hypocritical as he was emotional, and he reacted on emotion. It was like interviewin someone with moods swings, you get whatever he is at that point.

Biggie never impressed me at all, I still don't like him and I'm weary about buyin his albums even tho I make a point to cop any artists album to enjoy those hidden tracks that stand out on a album. I prolly have heard a few nice songs from him but his flow was so ugly, that damn voice of his could sometimes ruin the sound of a track to me. I saw no future for him then, still don't.

I don't feel like commentin on anyone else cuz I'm lazy like that....

Leave me alone

Drenched in reflections dasicknez's Avatar

Re: Going against the Masses

Originally posted by ReccA
    aiight...i'll be the first to admit it...i do NOT think Biggie and 2Pac are the best of all time....maybe the best RAPPERS, in the most strict use of the word...but overall emcee, or overall lyricist...no, not even close....i think its gotten to a point where they are just accepted as the best and never questioned...maybe because they are dead (yes even pac)...they rhyme about the same thing people do now...the same way too...and there were people before them who did it...definately way overrated....
    and Tupac was a hipocrite in my eyes....he preached about getting out of the ghetto and stopping all this shit....but then on the next track brags about shootin cats and how much of a thug he is....he makes "Baby Dont Cry"....and then makes...."California Love".....listen to those two right after each other and tell me he isnt the least bit hipocritical....
    And please stop all ideas of 50, Jay Z, or Nas being the best...Big L as well....they arent...never will be...Big L was about as good as canibus...but being dead builds u up a lot....I like Nas, but no...JayZ is THE most overrated rapper of all time...50 Cent is the fastest played out rapper of all time...and his shit is no different from the next guy........
    agree, disagree....lets hear some opinions....and dont just come in here and bitch at me cuz i dissed your favorite rapper...lets get some intelligent arguments here...
    LP
    I def agree that Biggie and Pac are overrated. Itz all been done da same way before..

I thin that there debate was more popular then there music. If you eva bring Pac or Biggie into a conversation, how many people do u honestly know that will say somethin about there music? Fuck no. They talk about da shootin and shit. They're so widely known because of what there deaths brought to rap.

Jay Z, 50 cent... they all just mainstream. Thats all. Mainstream rap is just pop without da chains. lol. Most da people that listen to dat shit are teenyboppers who grew out of nsync and werent sure were to go from there.
    Death borders upon our birth,
    and our cradle stands in the grave.
    Our birth is nothing but our death begun.

Formerly known as Crysis Cory Stylez's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-2
    aight abut the pac bein hipocritical issue is every rapper not hipocritical hes just tryin to make songs about different topics and he is just tryin to make songs that appeal to everyone thats like sayin that u will always rap about one topic and thats bullshit and he is a great lyricist, not the best of all time cuz all time hasnt ended yet so there is no best of all time.

Battle Record
    0-1
    Originally posted by irrelevance

because they are dead. if they were alive today they wouldnt be held in such high regards.
    nah.. pac was a politically conscience inner-city individual, talented enough to place his thoughts, in a variety of bars and hooks. he spoke of elevation of the poverty stricken, ghetto youths. From guns and hennesy, to changing their views of Life, beyond the glitz and glamour of the "hood", in their eyes.
    As in money, cars and hoes, to having a say in today's political endeavors. He stood for the poor people, who are stereo-typed, every single day. His claims were, just because we do criminal activities... and live poor.. doesn't mean, we should be outcasted, out of society. We have a say, in the world, and we should be heard. Most commit crime, because they have no choice.

(hope that came out right... damn liquor.lol.)

now for biggie.

He stood for the people. came out of shit.. and made a life for himself. biggie was hip hop... think about it... he had metas and multis.. and didn't even graduate high school. his flow was immaculate... you can say whatever.. but he did his shit proper.
    he was one of the greatest... just listen to his lyrics.... he was one of the dopest. even M&M gave him his props... when they were rhyming together.

conclusion... they repped hip hop heavenly... and to say.. they were not even great.. is just saying you're not hip hop. we give them their props for a reason...

(sorry for the term paper)

<center>G. Buttersworth™</center>

-An Original RB Member: Yes, We're That Much Better-

Battle Record
    16-3
    thanks for the intelligent answers on the 50 cent question (no sarcasm). Well, even tho those things might be tru, he sure sells well.... oh well, different ppl have different tastes

Formerly known as Crysis Cory Stylez's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-2
    GB put that into words that can not be beat