tryna bulk up ya rhymez'?, dont fuckin' hit steel
...shits real, this is ya one stop hot spot to get ill!

Flow:
Flow is very important in battles and topicals. There are mant different techniques to make your text flow. What works for me best is either keeping my bar lenghts near equal or syllables near equal. For Ex:

...tryna(2) bulk(3) up(4) ya(5) rhymez(6)'?, dont(7) fuckin(9)' hit(10) steel(11) Line 1=11 Syllables.
...shits(1) real(2), this(3) is(4) ya(5) one(6) stop(7) hot(8) spot(9) to(10) get(11) ill(12)!Line 2=12 Syllables.

...keep in mind that they dont have to be exactly even. Also when trying to get things to flow...you can use this strategy... First: write your bar not worring about syllables and stuff...THEN go back and trim up your bar...taking out un-neccasary words, etc. Your word selection also plays a big part in how well your text flows. You wont the words to just roll of of your readers tongue. Simple enuff?

Rhyme Scheme:
Rhyme sheme is what often gives a textcee its "trademark"... a rhyme scheme is simply how your bar rhymes and in what places... ex...

Rhyme Word 1 , Rhyme Word 2
...tryna bulk up ya rhymez'?, dont fuckin' hit steel
...shits real, this is ya one stop-- fun spot to get ill!

notice that there is 2 different spots in the 1 bard that rhyme...this is my rhyme scheme. a rhyme scheme has no rules. you may design yours to best fit your style.

Multies:
Maybe one of the most debated elememts of textc'n... a multie is 2 or more sets of words that rhyme white each other. ex:

dyke'z bout/lightz out...
fist fight/bitch right.
stump this nigga/pump this trigaa

..notice dyke'z and lightz rhyme...but also notice that bout and out rhyme.... see...multies are just that simple... you want to use multies when you can...never try to force a multie. these can be used in battles and topicals...even in audio.

Punchlines...
these are the core and backbone of your batte verse... when you throw a punch, you want the reader to just go "Awww".... A punchline blantanly diss' your oponent. you can make a punch from all sorts of things...how they spell their name, their avatar, etc. ex...

raw scientz-vs-september jr.
blazin tools n grazin dudes, whenever i aim and spray
ya suck, only thing special bout september is labor day

...raw diss' his name....

Personals....
these are nearly the same as a punch...the only difference is a personal is about your opponent and your opponent only... when making punchlines, they can easilt be used against anyone, a personal is true. you can get personals from things the person has said or done in the past, personal problems. these are very important in a battle verse.

Inners...
inners and multies are similar but totally different.. a inner is in between you bars... mulities generally come at the ende of you bars, inners come before the multie. it takes two or more words that rhyme in one line to make a inner... these are good ways to show complexity and even givin your verse a twist.

vocabulary....
very very important... when battling this is often over looked... in topicals it is great to have... you dont want to fill your verse with words that only a doctor would know. meaning dont use words that would be unknown to the normal person but known by the sorta smart type person...get me?...vocabulary will also affect your flow...so be careful with this.

written by Trademark