Unoffical definetion)Transition.. Is simply going line from line and not completely changin up sounds for every rhymin word.. Leave it so lines slowly change up rhymin sounds instead of a rough changeup.

"these temptations stay gettin stronger
makin my days seem longer
trees all around me like im livin in tha woods
I'm feelin homesick everysince i moved up out tha hood
sure my grades is doin good, but i miss tha school playground
itd be juss me an tha boys gettin straight stoned jokin an playin round
i aint playin around, wasnt a day when we ever juss got high"

Notice how lines like 1,2, are fine together, same sound is aight two lines in a row.. But when you add 1 and 2 with that 3rd line it throws shit off.. Say this out loud to urself "Stronger, Longer, Woods" ..Do you notice tha completely new word and added sound in there once Woods is added.. It sounds nothing like Longer or Stronger, its a bad bad transition but is VERY common.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A good transintion will be able to smoothly go from new words instead of just switchin up sounds completely all at one time.. Heres a nice example of similiar soundin words and that is the main thing for transition..

"Shoutin~revisions, things coulda been diverse..-10
When worse, case scena-rios happen in real~life--10
Tha deals~like, "Why? Why was I so senseless?.."-10
Im rentless and don't know why so I sit in silence-12
Sittin silent, puttin up a front but seein violence-12"

**Note: the numbers at the end of each line, I will explain that later on.**

In tha first line your endin rhymin word is "diverse".. So In the second line i threw in "worse" in the very beginnin, to show that that sound was still in play before switchin up sounds on the end of that line. At the end i went with "real-life", a completely new sound for what was before it. So once again, on the next line of that i thread in "Deals like" to show that that sound was still in play before switchin to yet another rhymin sound.. "Senseless" takes over, next line i throw in "rentless" to use it before i switch up soundsover to "silence." Next line I go with "sitten silent" as those two words and "silence" from the line above all go good together.. "Silent" also sounds SIMILIAR to "violence" but does not rhyme with it and thats my tansition from "silence, sittin silent, and violence"..

In those 5 lines quoted the transitions are done to profection if i do say so myself..

A Decent Transition Example:

Adopt my crew? Why you gotta copy-shit? 11
Postin sloppy-shit an pushed me over tha edge.. 11
Chozen1 couldn't "shine" even if he was "Pledge.." 11

Throwin in "sloppy shit" in the beginnin of line 2 helps the transition over to edge.. Its not completely smooth but a lot better soundin than:

"these temptations stay gettin stronger
makin my days seem longer
trees all around me like im livin in tha woods"

^^Thats not transition, thats just normally changing lines.

*To do transition with multi's is done by using this same concept except your multis make it more complex. Only big differences is that chances are, you'll only get a decent transition because its hard 2 find similiar words to go with every word in ur multi.. give it a shot tho, bet it comes out betta than a ruff change..

*The reason for the numbers after each of my lines is for flow. I count the amount of sylabols in each line and make sure it is reasonable with the surroundin lines to be sure itll go together nicely..

Hope This Helps!

written by Statickaos