User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Question for the seasoned...

Em-UhTh-Double Guh-Ah MuhThugga's Avatar
    Originally posted by varentao
    Er, *puts on pedant cap* - MuhThugga - DJ Shadow is a producer...not an emcee..
    I know that, but if you just limit yourself to emcee albums, then you are missing out on half of the experience. Just trying to broaden the kid's perspective on music.

flump
    ice t = trash

NWA = the best group ever and they started gangster rap

eazy-e = one of my favorites

public enemey = wack as fuck, i never liked them,

DMX = wack

Eminem = anyone that needs contraversy to sell CDs is wack

if you like gangster rap i suggest you listen to

celly cel,
    spice 1,
    brotha lynch,
    most hated
    mr doc,
    esham
    gangsta nip
    ghetto boys
    scarface,
    clicka one,
    mac mall,
    twista,
    dubee,
    2pac,
    dre,
    bone,
    westside connection,
    xzibit,
    mc ren (ruthless for life)
    lil rob,
    knightowl,
    westcoast gambinos,
    mr shadow,
    kurupt,
    bloods and crips,(probabley the only real gangsters LOL)
    mr capone-E,
    do or die,
    above the law,
    raskass,
    snoop,
    ice cube,
    too short,
    crooked I
    spider

some good east coast you might like
    nas,
    cormega(he is the realest rapper out right now and everyone sleeps one him),
    AZ, (slept on)
    mobb deep,
    capone n noreaga,
    wu tang,
    big pun (capital punishment)
    reakwon,
    rakim,
    OC, (slept on)
    notorious big,
    big L,
    DITC,
    gangstarr,
    dead prez,
    la the darkman(slept on),
    talib kweli,
    afu-ra (slept on)
    50 cent(underground stuff)
    jay-z (reasonable doubt)

if you like battle/lyrical type MCs,
    chino XL,
    vakill,
    mc juice

if you like backpacker style rappers,
    atmosphere,
    aesop rock,
    murs,
    louis logic,
    little brother,
    DL incognito,
    N-demik(lol)
    jurrasic 5,
    dilated peoples,
    demigodz,
    outerspace,
    dose one,
    Eyedea,
    copywrite,
    sage francis,
    illlogic,
    mf doom
    del the funkee homosapien,
    mountian brothers,
    maylay sparks
    krs- one
    apathy
    rise
    e-lp
    esoteric
    supernatural
    planet asia
    monster island czars
    jedi mind tricks,
    non phixion,
    necro,
    vinnie paz(jedi mind trick)
    goretex (non phixion)
    ill bill (non phixion)
    vast aire

i would post some of the old schools people like douge-e fresh and kutis blow.....but you should know all them if your 33 years old

thats about everyone(probabley missing some) i listen to, if you cant find anyone you like in that list then you should probabley stop listening to rap....ill add somemore if i remember.

i have a a wide range in music, so i'm not like most people on this site who only listen to backpack, or only listen to gangster, i listen to it all, ...... most of the gangster shit is played out and as i got back and listen to i relize how wack but i know alot of people still like gangster rap.....oh well
    Last edited by flump; June 6th, 2003 at 12:53 AM

Bishman
    2 teckneek, i didnt put that i liked old LL, with songs like "Im Bad", "Jack the Ripper" instead of new LL. But you have 2 respect tha fact at how long hes been in the game. I mean how many rappers have there been that do like 2 albums and dissapear? loads

D-Dizzle
    ^^^YHea I got alot of respect for L, he got soft songs but, I mean shit look at the cats name! Ladies Love Cool James..so what the hell you think he gonna be about..but don;t get it twisted he still had the hard shit form time to time, "I shot ya", "4,3,2,1", "Mamma Said"..., "I'm bad", "Ill Bomb", he can rip when he wants too

Atetrack define'
    just a couple now,the ones that come into my head,i have to many influences to mention...none are eminem sorry but i respect him as a good writer...just dont like him.

aesop rock...like everyone said before,his imagery and concepts are amazing,noone out there thinks like him,when you listen to his work,you can tell he has taken the time and effort to create his rhymes,multies everywhere,alliteration ike crazy on some tracks,his thoughts are hard to pick up when you firstlisten,but overtime it jsut goes straight into your head like woah.

vaste aire...another original style,he blends battle rap with stroy telling,thought provoking,pretty much all rap types,hes mainly the battle rapper,but even so his raps are great to listen to ,hes one clever guy,you were a "still born baby,mother didnt want you but you were still born"...his style is slow and drawn out,like hes not even trying,jsu ttalking intot he mic,emphasis on words and voice change is good,all round an ill cat with many talents.

wu-tang...the old wu tang is bette rthen now,but i listen to the iron flag release quite alot,onc eyou get past some of the strangeness and style changes of the memebers tha tyour not used ot the album becomes pretty solid,i listen to these gys,cause they are or were all about the hiphop culture,mixing hiphop with streetlife rhymes,seemingly random lines coming together into something that made sense,all artists have differet styles unlike some,i can barely tell the difference,but wu,there styles are so differnt all on on etrack they soun ill...36 chambers prooved that,mystery of chessboxin...

cannibal ox...mostly listened to them to start off with because of vaste aire...but then vordul magalah grew on me,anothe group with different styles,vordul fast rhyming multi full spits grimy and hard,then vaste aire ,laid back and slowed down,greater emphasis on words etc.completly differnt styles comign together to form a dope duo.el-p's beats complement nicely wiht the lyric and voices.

anticon-ive been listening to anticon for as long as i could remeber,starting from nothignness and dran out,they formed the anticon collective,unique styles,lyrics hip hop difference,style,preference and everythign liek that,they are diverse...alot of pesimism alla roudn them but its their veiwpoint of their lifes and their perspectives that got me listenign to them caus htey are much like my own,wierd ass beats constantly sshiftign rythm,vocals dropping and changing,sounds ghostly at times,thats why i listen to them,they are different from normal hiphop,more of a movemnt then anythign else over 20 strong now,with emcees,dj's,artists,writers,just the difference of their music,and their diversity as a collective of artists is what i like about it.

atmoshpere,slug,eyedea,beyond-pretty much the whole rhyme sayers label,though i have missed some,i listen to them and am influenced by their faith in hiphop,they live hiphop completly,emotional lyrics,great beats,thought provoking words are what influences me about these rappers.they can write a story on anythign and have me listenign and feeling their emotions throughout the song.

batle emcees-influences of battle emcees is more of a respect for them,i cant write battle rymes for shit,but i love to listen to battles,the punchlines delivered,trns hiphop into a game of wit,and timing,delivery is crucial,battle emcees that perfect this,are in need of big respect but they gain little,but htey stay determined,thats what i like about them,no matte rhwa tthey will keep battling,and their ability to keep grudges and freindships is good to listen to,they can put two best friends against eachother,drop lyrics that would piss eachother off,but walk off knowing its jsut a battle,and not to take it seriously,then you have the grudges come up,and those battles are some of the best to watch and listen to,complete hatred for one another for whatever reason,coming out on a mic by two well or more talented battle rappers that tookthe time to learn and elvate against the odds,is somehting to here,then even when the winner is decided the loser still does not whine or complain of unfairness or anything,he simply didnt win that day,next time would be different,battle emcees to me hold withthem a kind of hidden hounor,and carry the tradition thats been around for so long in hiphop,i respect all battle rapppers for it,to be as respectful and dedicated to hiphop as they are is what influences me about them.

could keep goign but itll be too much to read,id come out with a book on this if i had the time,and there was somone to read it all,but eh...

Battle Record
    212-103
    Awards LLL Season Champion LLL HOF 200+ Wins
    Man...

You guys really spit forth some good referrals...

I picked up Fear of a Black Planet this weekend...

Very angry. But very good.

Not very strong in the wordplay ar metas...

Very straight, in your face kinda shit...

I see alot of people proppin Aesop...
    I'll have to try him next...

Again...

Thanks, ya'll have been bad-ass.

Battle Record
    2-0
    Salt
    Pepper
    Vanilla
    Sage
    M&M's.

Oh Oh Oh...sorry, I thought seasoning meant flavoring...My bad.
    m
    ˈpɛr ˈse

–noun

by, of, for, or in itself; intrinsically.

and the tai kwon monks ! Methane's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-0
    ** Watches As Tumble- Weed Rolls By **

** Hears a Pin Drop **

Tough Crowd

** Calls a Taxi **
    raiders of the lost art ©
    W o r d P e r f e c t

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the pound is stronger than the dollar, HOLLA !

Atetrack define'
    lmfao.....