User Tag List

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 264

Thread: The Movie Thread

Re: The Horror Movie Thread

I only go to the mall for Texas roadhouse

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by 3viction View Post
    First episode of suburban screams wasn’t bad
    I'm a big fan of John Carpenter and have seen his entire collection of movies several times, from Escape From New York to Big Trouble In Little China. I understand he directed the Suburban Screams series, I think. But he recently made a comment that bugs the hell out of me. He was asked in an interview what he thought about Exorcist: Believer getting bad reviews. He said he hadn't seen it yet but he felt the director missed the mark and didn't know what he was doing considering how simple the Exorcist idea is. Dude didn't even watch the movie and buried it based on what a sample group had said. If I had done that I would have never watched some of his movies. Escape From LA for example. I had heard it sucked but I still watched it based on how great Escape From New York was. LA had some really dumb ideas to it with the basketball and surfing shit but I still loved it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I'd rather pay $8 for 90 minutes than a dollar per play haha. Some of the barcades are like $1-$2 per play.
    Jesus Christ.

Exorcist was considered a flop

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by 3viction View Post
    Exorcist was considered a flop
    You have no idea how many Horror movies I've watched that were given low RT scores or IMDB ratings that turned out to be enjoyable to me. Lol. There are so many different variables to consider why a movie would flop at the Box Office. With Exorcist: Believer it could be that the genre has been too exposed over the years and there is fatigue for exorcism-based movies. I try not to consider any of that, or reviews and public sentiment.

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion 25+ Wins PC HOF OM HOF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Wuxia
    You're a really talented writer. And I've only ever said that to Baron Mynd.

Yea I don’t care about ratings I would watch a no name movie if it was good I like those movies that are low budget and no one knows the actors because they might be big someday

Battle Record
    32-6

Lmao in this Chopping Mall movie dude just pulled an M-16 off the rack at a Sporting Goods department.

Battle Record
    34-10

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxia View Post
    You have no idea how many Horror movies I've watched that were given low RT scores or IMDB ratings that turned out to be enjoyable to me. Lol. There are so many different variables to consider why a movie would flop at the Box Office. With Exorcist: Believer it could be that the genre has been too exposed over the years and there is fatigue for exorcism-based movies. I try not to consider any of that, or reviews and public sentiment.
    I mean. Most of my favorite horror movies...

Idle Hands - 15%
    Scream and Scream 2 - 81% and 82%
    Final Destination and Final Destination 3 - 36% and 43%
    Candyman (original and requel) - 79% and 84%
    Get Out, Us, Nope - 98% , 93% and 83%
    Halloween III, New Halloween Trilogy - 50%, 79%, 39%, 40%
    It, it chapter 2 - 86% and 62%
    It follows - 95%
    Dream warriors - 68%
    Leprechaun - 27%
    Child's play trilogy, bride of Chucky - 73, 40, 21, 48
    Hellraiser, hellraiser 2 and hellraiser remake - 70, 50, 66
    The thing (1982 and 2011) - 85 and 34

I'm probably missing a bunch but off the top of my head I feel I already dragged that out but there's some good examples of "fuck rotten tomatoes".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    32-6

Lmao fully automatic. His next line "let's go send those fuckers a Rambo-gram".

Gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I mean. Most of my favorite horror movies...

Idle Hands - 15%
    Scream and Scream 2 - 81% and 82%
    Final Destination and Final Destination 3 - 36% and 43%
    Candyman (original and requel) - 79% and 84%
    Get Out, Us, Nope - 98% , 93% and 83%
    Halloween III, New Halloween Trilogy - 50%, 79%, 39%, 40%
    It, it chapter 2 - 86% and 62%
    It follows - 95%
    Dream warriors - 68%
    Leprechaun - 27%
    Child's play trilogy, bride of Chucky - 73, 40, 21, 48
    Hellraiser, hellraiser 2 and hellraiser remake - 70, 50, 66
    The thing (1982 and 2011) - 85 and 34

I'm probably missing a bunch but off the top of my head I feel I already dragged that out but there's some good examples of "fuck rotten tomatoes".
    That's exactly what I'm saying. Idle Hands 15%? Leprechaun 27%? I mean, I could understand Leprechaun In Space getting 27%. Lmao. But the first one? FD 36%? Smfh.

With the exorcist flip wasn’t a rotten tomatoes thing they spent $400 million on production snd didn’t even break even I liked the original excorist

Battle Record
    32-6

Watching Pumpkinhead now. I'm sure RT and IMDB panned this. One of my favorites Lance Henriksen films.

Battle Record
    34-10

A classic, with a 65.

Battle Record
    32-6

65 is okay. But still doesn't convey how much I appreciate the film. It should be much higher than that.

Battle Record
    34-10

Cabin in the Woods (92), insidious (67), Jaws (97), overlord (82), haunted mansion (2023, 37), thirteen ghosts (19), I know what you did last summer (45), urban legends (27), Blair witch project (86), the faculty (56)

Battle Record
    32-6

I have Th13teen Ghosts queued up to watch. No fucking way that's a 19%.