User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Blackflags - Spaced Out (Produced by Jmin)

Blackflags - Spaced Out (Produced by Jmin)

So this is my most recent song. I haven't made music in quite a long time. I wanted to do something different. I got tired of the syllable crunching, don't take a breath every line. This was super fun with @Jmin.

links:

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...-FEEDBACK-ONLY!!
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...-Real-Ones-DJB

Battle Record
    62-46
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion FL Champion PS Champion/IE Champion WOP Champion OM HOF PC HOF 50+ Wins

Re: Blackflags - Spaced Out (Produced by Jmin)

What up flags.... Anyways..

Man idk how i feel about this. Maybe im over thinking it or am i undermining it? Idk. So the song is called spaced out i mean for the hook its ok i feel you could retweak a little to make it more reeling ya feel me? Cause i feel it lacks something. But the verses lets talk content. Verse one was chill. You emphasised more about details and paijting a picture and moment in life where it isnt just a you think and something you may be going through but understand others out there can feel safe in feeling along with it nah mean. Verse 2 you went and displayed your style and delivery flexing but cintent the same just more elaborated on your level of what YOU faced and at the end of the day it still relatable and story told with a picture paint. To me it was just the hook bro but everything was fire even the idea for the beat ans how you wanted to chop on top of it was nice. Overall awesome work but this was declaring depression and anxiety relating to what we OM PC heads have signified writers block you just did the audio version and spaced out sits perfectly. It be stressful as a legit full time artist most dont realize the actual demand and actual on the road 25/8 mentality. It gets unbearable and its also the time flying by slow on your end but around it its manifesting faster. Your loved ones kids family and when you done with your tour you come back and alot has changed but you still feel the same.

Overthinking it? Idk but either way awesome work
    ARTIFICIAL | PO'ETHICS | INTELLIGENCE

Put your sunglasses on! Mr. Write's Avatar
    Battle Record
    23-9

Was listening to this while i was doing some work shit and it was a vibe. Kind of like the hip-hop version of something you'd find on a "lo-fi hip hop beats to study to" playlist haha. Relaxing. As far as trying to do something different - smashing success. Very well produced, i can tell all the work you put into the harmonies and even though (as you pointed out) I don't know dick about mixing everything blended very well together, especially in the singing parts. crushed the rap verse and it came at a perfect time. Not trying to blow your ego up but this is some shit id download haha. Good shit man, keep droppin

Quote Originally Posted by Storyteller View Post
    What up flags.... Anyways..

Man idk how i feel about this. Maybe im over thinking it or am i undermining it? Idk. So the song is called spaced out i mean for the hook its ok i feel you could retweak a little to make it more reeling ya feel me? Cause i feel it lacks something. But the verses lets talk content. Verse one was chill. You emphasised more about details and paijting a picture and moment in life where it isnt just a you think and something you may be going through but understand others out there can feel safe in feeling along with it nah mean. Verse 2 you went and displayed your style and delivery flexing but cintent the same just more elaborated on your level of what YOU faced and at the end of the day it still relatable and story told with a picture paint. To me it was just the hook bro but everything was fire even the idea for the beat ans how you wanted to chop on top of it was nice. Overall awesome work but this was declaring depression and anxiety relating to what we OM PC heads have signified writers block you just did the audio version and spaced out sits perfectly. It be stressful as a legit full time artist most dont realize the actual demand and actual on the road 25/8 mentality. It gets unbearable and its also the time flying by slow on your end but around it its manifesting faster. Your loved ones kids family and when you done with your tour you come back and alot has changed but you still feel the same.

Overthinking it? Idk but either way awesome work
    Appreciate the feedback man. There are a few lines in there that relate more directly to being "Spaced Out". Most of it is from my point of view, so I can understand someone 3rd person not getting it. I'm super ADHD and impulsive, so I have trouble with discipline. So, it's about trying to overcome that and work hard. Definitely appreciate the feedback!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Write View Post
    Was listening to this while i was doing some work shit and it was a vibe. Kind of like the hip-hop version of something you'd find on a "lo-fi hip hop beats to study to" playlist haha. Relaxing. As far as trying to do something different - smashing success. Very well produced, i can tell all the work you put into the harmonies and even though (as you pointed out) I don't know dick about mixing everything blended very well together, especially in the singing parts. crushed the rap verse and it came at a perfect time. Not trying to blow your ego up but this is some shit id download haha. Good shit man, keep droppin
    D bird, you're the man. I appreciate it dude. It was really fun to do and I had a blast doing it.

This is mad different but I like it man.. your hook and singing parts reminds me of the postal service or owl city... I dig it.. jmin did his thing on the beat for sure... first verse I liked how you let it breathe.. second verse was fire. Timing is great. Took me a second to get into the vibe I think cause I wasn't expecting this style.. but it's a dope song man! Keep creating bro!

Reflections is out now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

Your voice definitely got a different vibe to it when you're chilled out and less energetic. I'm so use to hearing you being hype or aggressive from back in the day that this is almost jarring to the system when I think of what I usually expect to hear from you hahah! It's refreshing though. It shows growth and evolution. @J-min killed this beat too!! I'm feeling the hook the more it goes. One of those things that grows on you as it goes. I couldn't quite tell if I was feelin' the hook til it played the 2nd time. 2nd verse rappin' was fire too you did your thing on it. You still got it honestly man, lookin' forward to sending you something to collabing on again for real.

Smooth.. moody.. vibey. Really enjoying this. Good job dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Loose Logic View Post
    This is mad different but I like it man.. your hook and singing parts reminds me of the postal service or owl city... I dig it.. jmin did his thing on the beat for sure... first verse I liked how you let it breathe.. second verse was fire. Timing is great. Took me a second to get into the vibe I think cause I wasn't expecting this style.. but it's a dope song man! Keep creating bro!
    I appreciate this man. Coming from you, I take it as the highest compliment. It was fun to slow down a little.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Nash View Post
    Your voice definitely got a different vibe to it when you're chilled out and less energetic. I'm so use to hearing you being hype or aggressive from back in the day that this is almost jarring to the system when I think of what I usually expect to hear from you hahah! It's refreshing though. It shows growth and evolution. @J-min killed this beat too!! I'm feeling the hook the more it goes. One of those things that grows on you as it goes. I couldn't quite tell if I was feelin' the hook til it played the 2nd time. 2nd verse rappin' was fire too you did your thing on it. You still got it honestly man, lookin' forward to sending you something to collabing on again for real.

Smooth.. moody.. vibey. Really enjoying this. Good job dude!
    Thank you for sure man. Yeah, I'm super serious about anything you have for a collab. I haven't recorded in quite a long time and I would love an excuse to do so.

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion 25+ Wins PC HOF OM HOF

I dig this. Kind of a hybrid of Cudi and JuiceWRLD. Hook is catchy. Singing is good. Verses are smooth. Beat is poppy. Second verse took off. We should collaborate when I get my shit next month. Nice track.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Wuxia
    You're a really talented writer. And I've only ever said that to Baron Mynd.

Quote Originally Posted by Soule View Post
    I dig this. Kind of a hybrid of Cudi and JuiceWRLD. Hook is catchy. Singing is good. Verses are smooth. Beat is poppy. Second verse took off. We should collaborate when I get my shit next month. Nice track.
    Thanks brother. Hit me up!

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Blackflags View Post
    So this is my most recent song. I haven't made music in quite a long time. I wanted to do something different. I got tired of the syllable crunching, don't take a breath every line. This was super fun with @Jmin.

links:

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...-FEEDBACK-ONLY!!
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...-Real-Ones-DJB

This is cool. The hook is a lil too simple. At least the way you have it mixed now. With some more effects to make it more "spaced out" and vibey it would hit a lot better. You ain't bad at the fast flow shit though! So don't knock it. Just mix it up like you did on this so it's not just repetitive speed rap. That gets boring to me. I liked this. Woulda liked to hear the hook more spacey though thinking about it again the last time it just played.

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlidge View Post
    This is cool. The hook is a lil too simple. At least the way you have it mixed now. With some more effects to make it more "spaced out" and vibey it would hit a lot better. You ain't bad at the fast flow shit though! So don't knock it. Just mix it up like you did on this so it's not just repetitive speed rap. That gets boring to me. I liked this. Woulda liked to hear the hook more spacey though thinking about it again the last time it just played.
    The hook should have been "Spaced Out".

Listening

I swear I've listened to this before - I obviously didn't leave feedback. Hook was really cool, I love the vibe you're setting with this. It's just such a playful tone - optimistic almost? Your melodies are nice. You've got a dope falsetto going on underneath - can't hear any bum notes so good job on that - wish i could sing!

Oooh some rap rap on the second verse - some sick double time in here - very polished and tighter than a nun's asshole - back into the singing for a bridge. Yeah this track is dope. Production is real nice and you have a dope voice.

Great Job
    I love meaty dicks

I'm diggin it smooth and chill as fux!! At first when I heard the hook I thought it was gonna be a smoking getting high type song, but you took it even deeper and more personal that's good you did your thing. This the first song I've heard of yours I hope you get back recording more you got loads of talent!!
    P.H.P. Muzik

Quote Originally Posted by MCD View Post
    Listening

I swear I've listened to this before - I obviously didn't leave feedback. Hook was really cool, I love the vibe you're setting with this. It's just such a playful tone - optimistic almost? Your melodies are nice. You've got a dope falsetto going on underneath - can't hear any bum notes so good job on that - wish i could sing!

Oooh some rap rap on the second verse - some sick double time in here - very polished and tighter than a nun's asshole - back into the singing for a bridge. Yeah this track is dope. Production is real nice and you have a dope voice.

Great Job
    I'm truly flattered haha. Thank you a lot for this man!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plat Hav Pro View Post
    I'm diggin it smooth and chill as fux!! At first when I heard the hook I thought it was gonna be a smoking getting high type song, but you took it even deeper and more personal that's good you did your thing. This the first song I've heard of yours I hope you get back recording more you got loads of talent!!
    I really appreciate it. I can see where this could be thought of as a chill smoking type song at first. I really appreciate it man!

Battle Record
    35-10
    Awards 25+ Wins

second time running this through cause its so chill and vibey. really got me spaced out i started staring at the wall lol jk. havent heard your music in a long time its good to see you still doing your thing as well. your music has really come a long way as far as your identity and message. at least for this track i really love the content. obviously the beat is tight and the mix is proper. your flows always been dope but i love how you switched it up towards the later verse of the track that part reminds me of mac lethal a little bit. i have nothing to add here. shits fire bro!