User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Growth In Loss 1st Official EP

Growth In Loss 1st Official EP

https://arkanthe1.bandcamp.com/album...n-loss?from=hp

Hello all I've only been recording seriously for about a year and this was my first official project, I'll be dropping my second that's a follow-up to this one in February and will cover the second half of my life up to where I am now compared to this one which covers my first half of my life

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...=1#post8949109

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...=1#post8949110
    Last edited by Arkanthe1; December 9th, 2021 at 03:10 AM

Soule

Re: Growth In Loss 1st Official EP

Welcome to the site! Listened to the first track. It was pretty cool. You have a unique delivery and the beat kinda had a west coast vibe to it. I'll check the rest of the EP out this weekend and leave more feedback.

Battle Record
    7-6

Yoooo! Whats up. I checked the first track off the EP. The flow is really interesting. I think the vocals need a little more work. The staccato delivery isn't bad, but it's not executed as well as it could be. The vocals don't make me believe you're feeling what you're saying. It's too much like you're reading. It doesn't sound as natural as it should. I like the reverb/delay you have on this. The mix sounds pretty good, but the way you deliver isn't where it should be. It almost feels like you're talking to me about your lyrics instead of performing them. The style isn't bad, but I would keep working to polish it, because I don't think it's quite where it needs to be. Keep working and make sure to really perform on the mic so the emotion is more present.
    Follow at
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Music --->>>>
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    3-17

i know you ...
    <<<<blood ... i tried to hide this.. oh well
    you styles is your own.. you might have to rap over beats without drums ... it might accent your spoken word style of rap.. keep working at it

pc. mal
    Last edited by mal diction; December 13th, 2021 at 08:11 PM
    aka Sorrow: the Broken Wing

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

Flashpoint and Nostalgia are probably my favorite two but this is definitely a solid EP that you put together man. I told you when I listened in on the B2R2 podcast during the listening party for it that it was on point as well, but for real... I enjoyed the Aesop Rock/Cage/Sadistick style beat choices and flows and rhythms. You have a way about your delivery that reminds me of all those dudes at different points in different ways. There were songs I liked better than others here but overall a SOLID work. I recommend listeners bump Nostalgia and Flashpoint if you're only going to pick one or two and not bump the whole thing, but bumping the whole thing is also a good thing because I feel like we're catching only the beginning of a journey here with Arkan and it's one that he's only going to expand and grow on. Much love!! Shouts for posting this up on the forum.

Put your sunglasses on! Mr. Write's Avatar
    Battle Record
    23-9

If you are serious about growth and elevation I'd recommend either getting someone else to mix or spending the time to learn how mix the vocals into the beat better. To me it sounds like 2 separate tracks (vocals/instrumental) playing at the same time rather than a voice sitting inside the pocket of the beat, if that makes sense. Before you spend any money on that though, I think the first thing you need to work on is the delivery. It sounds like you're reading off of a piece of notebook paper and its so rigid. I'd like to hear you sound more comfortable flowing over the beat, right now its so flat and staccato. Even if you have to fake it til you make it, confidently PROJECT that shit. Something else to think about when you're writing is using enough syllables to match the beat/kick snares. The Von verse was absolute FIRE, look how he effortlessly just filled every second with words when he was spittin. It sounds like you have 4 commas per line - Small towner, big city, I've got a face/ Friends see me, slowly change/ I mean this life's, been a craze/ whether bad or good, I'll find a way, to avoid seeing space/ - see what im saying?

I see potential here which is why i gave such a thorough breakdown. I think you've got interesting lyrics and a story to tell, you just gotta figure out how to tell it in a way that sounds good over a beat. Almost sounds like you wrote the lyrics and then tried to fit them over a beat afterwards rather than the other way around. Keep practicing filling your bars with more words to have a steady flow and riding the beat confidently. Have fun with it. Keep posting!