User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: LimeRence [Full EP]

LimeRence [Full EP]

Alright so i've had a shit time of it lately, knocked this out last week to get some thoughts down on the paper.

Feed links:

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...R-The-New-Wave
    http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...by-Ocean-Beats
    I love meaty dicks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Soule

Re: LimeRence [Full EP]

I've listened to this something like 4-5 times now. Absolutely love it.

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

I was peeping this the other night. I'm bump it again rn while I smoke.

This intro with the dark keys comes in like night scene in a movie. You're definitely setting the scene. I had to google Limerence lol. It's a word I don't think I've ever used. Can't remember hearing it either. But I'm old. What you're talking about is hitting with the emotion/pain. I like how you get angry sounding, chill out, then get angry again. Dope start to the project.

This 2nd track is a dope switch up from the intro. LOL at "makes me wanna fuck you and hate you and break things". I've definitely felt that before. Hook is raw! Self Savior was on the first verse? He killed that. The way his verse feels so "real" is crazy to me. From talking about shorty new man creeping to "ugly lil nigga" lol. Oooph! Thank god no baby on the way. Imagine! Man, shitty situation already, but with that. Nah, you a lot better off without all that too. This was dope. Only thing missing is Eamon playing as the track fades out.

I love skits like this that set a vibe. It grabs my attention and brings me somewhere when it's done right. "Frankenstein was a whore?!?" LOL. I'm getting Em vibes a little with how you're going in on this. Not in a cheesy/bad way either. Then that hook comes in, wtffff. This is fire. Getting them Em vibes on the 2nd verse again. I can hear him spitting verses with this flow lol. "so distorted" with the distortion fade out effect hit dope. I like the scream vocals I'm hearing underneath. That's you on the hook??

I'm starting to get some real Em vibes from you now. It's hitting more on this track. But it's dope. "I don't believe a word except his penis was smaller than mine" LOL. This hook sound like something Gorillaz would do. Fire. Cryptic on the 2nd verse? I like his voice. That smooth raspy shit. Dope flow. I like how y'all painted scenes with your verses. I could see them. Another dope track.

This last track brings me back down like "oh, wait. he made this project because of the shit that happen with homegirl." It's like thinking about what happened again and reflecting on it again in a slightly, more calm "ok, I've kinda thought through this now" way. But still angry lol. Dope. This is a dope project man. It's about a breakup but didn't feel lovey dovey really til this last track and it tied the whole thing together right. Keep doing your thing.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

I've always been a fan of your production you seem to use a lot of ambience which I can definitley get behind, I think the bars are really dope. Especially since this EP you did is really deep emotionally and you seem to really throw yourself out there which I really respect about your take on this project.

This first track to me seems to be a song about a person being obsessed about a girl he thinks is into him as much as he's into her but it likely doesn't stand that way. While also being a sort of metaphor for pasts relationships that maybe you've also gone through? I like the hook you did and the small vocal effects are also a really nice touch and the production is awesome I love the piano keys you played with on this.

Second track is solid I liked the beat and you guys both did your thing. I think the content was alright but this seems to be more of a song to kinda flex different flows and inflections. But it isn't bad by any means. It isn't my favorite track as far as beats go but the lyrical content is pretty funny and I think it fits the beat well. Which adds to the beat itself but it doesn't hit as hard as the first track to me personally. I do like the emotion you both put into it though

Third track I really like the skit like intro and the beat is nice. I think these emotional tracks you shine on a lot and I really would like to see you do more of these. Also like the melody with the hook you did on this, I think it's solid and you're really growing as an artist with every track production and sound wise. I can't wait to see what else you do as you continue to elevate as an artist and musician. Each track so far has been solid but this is one of my favorites so far.

Fourth track I have to agree with Nahlidge about the Eminem vibe this track gives, I really like the ominous almost somber hook type thing you did and the way you made it faded with the vocals. The content I can't get into myself cause I've never been into shock rap like this too much but a few lines made me laugh. So kudos on that end, I think this track is decent but I would never play it in front of my family lmao. The Cryptic verse is dope always cool to hear him do some vocals on projects, both of you got a unique sound and voice that fits well together you guys should do a tape where you both rap over beats sometime.

Fifth track is my favorite I think and is the best on the EP, personally to me at least. Like I said I think you do a fantastic job at these emotional and personal tracks and would love to see more of these from you. The hook is also really good too I really love what you're doing on this project so far. This was a really nice project to listen to and is one of your best other than one track that was good but I felt didn't fit the other songs as far as the beat choice went I did think this was a great drop. And I can't wait to hear Something In The Woods 3 now!

Soule

I don't think there's any tracks on this I dislike. I def lean more towards the deep, emotional shit but you pull it all off. Delivery/flow is fire from beginning to end. Lyrics on point. Mixing is clean. Beats are smooth. Nothing but complaints about this bro.

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/show...-amp-Cody-Nash

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

I’m copy and pasting my feed from YouTube on this here -

Sheeeeesh this was so good bro. As a whole the project is perfect and captures the moment of losing your job and your sweetheart in a major way. Things many men can relate to and I’m glad I peeped this. I think Limerence and Do You Remember Me? hit me the hardest. That last track too..heavy stuff man. My heart breaking FOR YOU on this one bro. Life goes on and you got this fam.

And wooooo!!! Those features murdered it for sure. Self and cryptic were perfect choices for those beats and they kept the theme of it all moving perfect. Left you a track by track breakdown on the RB discord server. Classic EP my friend. You’ve been missed and I see why now.

Listened a few times since this feedback and it’s still an amazing work of art imo.