User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Krs-one Praises Eminem and calls him the hip to hop

Envious Stylez

Krs-one Praises Eminem and calls him the hip to hop

Being as though this is the sixth annual hip-hop appreciation week, who better than KRS-One to speak on such this as Eminem, the state of hip-hop and where he sees us in the future.

Preparing to release his new album “Kris Styles” on June 24th on Koch Entertainment and a new book on “Ruminations” in July, KRS-One proves that he’s got staying power in what he calls a “hop-hop culture”. “I presented the idea of hip-hop being a culture 10 years ago in pieces for Fresh, Source, XXL ... even when I was ethics editor at Blaze. Now the mainstream has accepted hip-hop as a culture. Harvard University is now doing a hip-hop archive. What we're moving toward is self-government. That's very scary to the entertainment industry, which just wants to use us as slaves: "Give me your talent, and I can fling you whatever bone I think you're worth. So this is the struggle”, he said during an interview with Billboard.

When asked about Eminem who has often been referred to as the “Eminem Factor” KRS-One said, “I praise Eminem's efforts, actually. I'm quite sure he gets a lot of criticism being white -- "the new Elvis," as he's called. But he is the sum of the hip-hop equation: Hip plus hop equals Eminem. This is going to do wonders for white youths' self-esteem and blacks' understanding of the white struggle. More hip-hop movies have to come out now that Hollywood sees it can make money on hip-hop without people getting shot in theaters.” When asked about the future of hip-hop he said, “Our day is coming. It's inevitable that the president in another five years will be a hip-hopper. The mayor of Chicago will be somebody who has grown up on N.W.A., Chuck D, even Lil' Kim and Foxy Brown. All of it will make sense then.”

when I found this article I just had to post it....I definitly didn't see this one coming,just like Dre's mom popping caps in peoples asses at age 54.

flump

Re: Krs-one Praises Eminem and calls him the hip to hop

“Our day is coming. It's inevitable that the president in another five years will be a hip-hopper. The mayor of Chicago will be somebody who has grown up on N.W.A., Chuck D, even Lil' Kim and Foxy Brown. All of it will make sense then.”
    yes....that gave me the chills cause it sounded so good

otic kept secret
    thats was up krs one speak the truth

Em-UhTh-Double Guh-Ah MuhThugga's Avatar
    I wouldn't want anyone that listens and adheres to the words of Lil' Kim and Foxy Brown to be the leader of my country.

Might be cool though, like some new national holidays:

National Thong Day
    National Get Laid Day
    National Skimpy Outfit Day

Adult Foul Mouth Yung Foul Mouth's Avatar
    drive by day...

rodney kings birthday..

big ass chain day...

Battle Record
    3-1
    Eminem... brought a lot of people who don't listen to rap to actually listen to it for a change... to bad all those people he brought into the fold detract from Hip-Hop.

Also, what struggle do white people go through? Where I live there are plenty of white people and they aint got nothing to struggle about except for the nerds and geeks not getting shoved in lockers and the jocks having to read a book that doesn't pop up to pass a class. I can only think of one white kid at my school who had any real struggle, and that is because he used to live in a black neighborhood where he got discriminated against for being white.

But... KRS-One is a respectable voice and is right in his thoughts about Eminem. So... whatever.

~Shalom~

Matt6383

Re: Krs-one Praises Eminem and calls him the hip to hop

Originally posted by Envious Stylez

It's inevitable that the president in another five years will be a hip-hopper.
    I highly doubt that.... and since when do we get a new president every five years... LOL

Still in the grave Johnny 6-feet's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-1
    Originally posted by The Necromancer

Also, what struggle do white people go through? Where I live there are plenty of white people and they aint got nothing to struggle about except for the nerds and geeks not getting shoved in lockers and the jocks having to read a book that doesn't pop up to pass
    yep coz all white people are middle class arent they, you ignorant cunt.

ever heard the phrase white trash? there are more poor white people in the west because THERE ARE A LOT MORE WHITE PEOPLE IN THE WEST.

so stfu.

SS League Record 31-8
    SS HW Champ
    14 x OM HoF

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Em-UhTh-Double Guh-Ah MuhThugga's Avatar
    Seriously^^^^

So I suppose just because someone is white that automatically means their life is a stroll in the park and absolutely no struggles cross their path?

And I suppose, by what you have said already, that just because someone is black their life is filled with hardships, they are poverty-strickened, and woe is them?

You have made some of the most ignorant comments I have ever read.

D-Dizzle
    Acually what KRS is talking about has already happened. Our mayor here in Detroit is 35 years old, the youngerst mayor ever, name is Kwame Kilpatric. And he cool as hell, grew up with Run DMC and NWA and all that. He does a radio show in the mid-day and sponsores a hip-hop summet about twice a year with Eminem. So he's cool peeps, but just like everybody who's trying to do someting good, they trying to get im in a scandle saying be be having hard parties with strippers in his house. I say so what, as long as he doing what he need to do to get the city running good then what he do on his privet time is his B.I.

The MRB
    Kris knowz his shit

flump
    i say in 30 years their will be a president that listens to rap,

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    yeah considering the age that you must be to become president.... and necro, your an ignorant fuck... get the fuck off this site ass hole!

flump
    chuck d for president!

Battle Record
    27-2
    Awards SS HW Champion OM HOF 25+ Wins
    we've already had one black president (Clinton , lol)

lets shoot for two
    .WP.
    .. It' Still Perfect..