User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Makaveli & Daz Dillinger - Don't Go 2 Sleep EP

I Get My Own Title? Cool. DJ Breeze's Avatar

Makaveli & Daz Dillinger - Don't Go 2 Sleep EP

I've wanted to do a review of this for a while, to give you an EP you most likely haven't even heard of. It's a pretty underground tape that Daz put out with him, Pac (under the "Makaveli" alias), Kurupt and some Outlawz. The production across the album is basic, but decent. It sounds pretty evil and wicked. But it all sounds the same, with a guitar lick and a bass and some drums. The only exceptions are "They Don't Give A Fucc About Us", which is the only track that's not remixed (excluding the final to which are the OG versions to Don't Go 2 Sleep and First 2 Bomb) and "I'm Dumpin'". I wouldn't spend money on it, but it's a nice addition to your collection and has a time/place to listen to. I personally like it, but a lot of people don't. Plus, if you're in a freestyle battle and run out of things, you can take a few lines from here and no one will be the wiser. Just saying.

1. Wake Up My People ?/10

Basically the intro. And it leads into Don't Go 2 Sleep. It's actually kind of scary tho.

2. Don't Go 2 Sleep 6/10

A song about killing and how you'll get shot by Makaveli if you fall asleep. It's dope tho. It's really not like any verse you've heard before. And with the verse production by Daz, it just fits. Kurupts verse is dope to. Dazs' verse was pretty average. The chorus it catchy. "Don't go to sleep, you can get your cash on nigga if you peep. Other niggas see the dreams in they sleep, but don't fall asleep..."

3. First 2 Bomb 5.5/10

A hard song about killing and stuff. The chorus is bomb to. "First 2 bomb, right out the gate, fuck yo size. Come by my enemy killa when I see you eye to eye." The Daz has his little line which is the same but ends with "It's Makaveli and Dillinger when it's time to ride". I really don't care for Daz as an MC, but he does a pretty good job on his verse here.

4. Let's Fight 4/10

A track about fighing and stuff. It's really not to much different from any other track. I don't have anything to say about it. It's good for listening to as long as you don't analyze it to much.

5. I'm Dumpin' 3.5/10

More or less the previous track with different lyrics with Kurupt on the hook and he has a verse. It's kind of boring and is only good for listening to. Plus someone else has a verse to. Not sure who tho.

6. They Don't Give A Fucc About Us 10/10

A deep track about social and political injustices. It's one of my favorite Pac tracks and one of the most under-rated. This is the only legit OG track on the album and features Napolean, EDI Mean and Yaki Kadafi and I think Young Noble, not sure about that one tho. This track has literally brought me to tears. I had a shitty day and felt like no one gave a fuck about me. I can really feel this track. Plus it's over 5:00 long, that's a plus to me. Plus, the Outlawz are good for once.

7. Don't Go 2 Sleep (OG) 5/10

I generally like original versions better, but I think the remix was better. Plus, the Outlawz kind of ruined it.

8. First 2 Bomb (OG) 5/10

The beat is kind of boring. Surprisingly, the remix was better again. Then again, the hook was different and he disses the Bad Boy rappers to. And the Outlawz are on this joint.

Overall, the album was a bit boring. But it had some cool and deep tracks. I'd give it a 6/10. It could have been better, but it's nice to hear unrealeased stuff that's differently styled.
    Last edited by DJ Breeze; July 3rd, 2011 at 11:39 AM

Battle Record
    0-2

Re: Makaveli & Daz Dillinger - Don't Go 2 Sleep EP

Ever hear nightmare on elm street theme song... you should do it in the entrance. "1-2 freddy coming for you, 3-4 better lock your door, 5-6 get a crucifix, 7-8 better stay up late, 9-10 never sleep again" (in a kids voice - it would be so hot)
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919