Showing results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: 1-2 Punch Mag

RANK #18
    Battle Record
    92-22
    Awards 75+ Wins

1-2 Punch Mag

Intro

What's good yall, it's ya boy JD again baxk w/ another 1-2 Punch mag. This was a cool week. We seen a couple upsets and had a limited number of no shows. Props to everyone who showed and is trying to make a name for themselves in this league. Hopefully you guys will get motivated now that there will be some consistent mags that highlight the work that y'all are putting in. It DOES NOT go unnoticed. Once again if yall wanna just see what I said about you then go for it. But since y'all are putting in the effort to show every week, I thought I would put in the effort to get you guys some dope mags. Lets keep the momentum going guys.

I know yall prolly don't click the songs but I'm gonna hook yall up with another instrumental to get you thru the mag. If you want me to not post this shit then lmk. But yall my dawgs and I hope you enjoy this mag. Lets get to it. Here's the Travis Scott "Don't Play" Instrumental.

Table of Contents

Intro
    Reviews
    Previews & Predictions
    Interview
    Top Punches
    Power Rankings
    Outro

- - - Updated - - -

Week 10 Reviews

Blue Bayou (10-3) vs Sobe (1-1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sobe View Post
    black, white and brown hoes aint feeling your flows, the fuck you think?
    even asian bitches say "no more brew" like they've had enough to drink
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bayou View Post
    Sobe needs date rape drugs to get in the holes of a bitch..
    orders her a drink & the Laces Out so fast he could get a job holdin for kicks
    Prediction coming into this battle: Blue Bayou 90/10

I did say Sobe was gonna have a lil more competition this week w/ Bayou for an opponent & also said he comes creative so this would be an good read. Both came with some funny lines, I thought Blue's was more creative of the two, but Sobe came with it. Clever idea on Blue's name that I haven't really seen. Voters had Sobe with the KO.

Sobe wins 8-0

Smog (4-5) vs Bomb Bard (9-5)

Quote Originally Posted by Smog View Post
    U tryna prove cats is bitin cuz of a drop bein played is wack, bitch
    See sometimes great minds think alike.. but U might as well of copied n pasted that shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomb Bard View Post
    See...
    WK 4 left your back broke, fists numb, I dead’d This clown
    The bar really struck a Nerve, Damage ur ego & u’ll experience that after I bash ur head off the ground

Prediction coming into this battle: Smog 55/45

I knew this would be a close one when I first previewed it in the Wk 9 Mag and I'd say this battle lived up to expectations. Both came with personals, and even tho Smog's was a bit more simple, it was effective and got the job done here. I liked Spree's as well. Could have been worded a little better, saying Damaged instead of Damage would have made it flow better but adding that would have taken away from the wordplay. It was a dope concept though IMO. Props to both.

Smog wins 4-0

Barcotic (14-3) vs Letterman (2-3)

Letterman

Ur bars been average for years. People loved em but now they seem quite stupid
    I peepholes in your style.. used to be something to adore, but now we see right thru it
    Barcotic

i gave it to ur wife.. she was cravin' for the pipe, fam
    now go Askren private why u got traded for a white man
    Prediction coming into this battle: Barcotic 100/0

I may have went a lil overboard with the prediction last week, but only because the recent output I saw from Letterman was a 1-2 L against Bash and a NS L against me in the LLL. So I didn't think he would be as motivated to show and post for this battle, especially against one of the nicer battlers in the league. It seems like the prediction may have gave Letterman some inspiration to come correct this week and he did exactly that, pulling off the upset win. Let's see what some of the voters said about this battle;

Smog: Letterman brought heat actually.. dope wp's n tie ins.. barc was cool too just don't like how it finished.. good stuff y'all

Joe Boston: Not sure about Barcs wordplay I looked it up not sure if your referring to Ben Askren the fighter? If so dont know much about the dude but I felt you should’ve elaborated the punch more. Peepholes wp basic af but I guess letterman executed it better.

Meth: Vote barcotic . lettermans wording seemed awkward and forced to me. Idk. I see im the dissenter but ive never much given a fuck

Letterman ended up pulling off the win. Good showing to both battlers

Letterman wins 5-1

JEM (3-5) vs Allen Knight (1-1)

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Knight View Post
    i'll find ur slut an pistol whip her skull in, that heat'll harm her
    -Tractor down & plowed her face till shes chewin thru a straw like a wheat field farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by JEM. View Post
    If this ikon snap… than shit means
    I could go extendo lens -
    but J sharp enough to rip knights head off, guillotine
    Prediction coming into this battle: Allen Knight 90/10

Nice lil battle here, thought Knight took it with ease. Jem was cool all the way until he landed the punch imo. Coulda done more with it. Ima let MollyJoog recap this battle for us, take it away;

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    sheesh. what a match up!!
    allen knight. the tractor wordplay is super played, but it goes well with the concept to make the bar great!! the straw ref just put this over the top

jem, this was pretty good also.i just feel like you should have taken a dif route then ending the punch w guillotine. unless thats some type of camera!!

vote allen knght, but dont worry jem, ur a real winner in my book!!
    Allen Knight wins 8-1

Jit (4-5) vs KnowP (3-9)

Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    U be taking losses like handouts, homie so whack
    Talking about an ‘L? O Dey Knows’ like a Shawty Lo track
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowP View Post
    Snack em with the 9, then proceed to throw those hands
    Have ya elders screaming Lord Have Mercy like die hard Flip Mode fans

Prediction coming into this battle: Toss up 50/50

KnowP dropped a cool bar. Props homie. Voters were leaning a lil more towards me here, but it was a close one.

Jit wins 9-0

Wk 10 Contenders: Bash (2-1) vs Grimm (3-3)

Bash
    He wont make it to the champ match, that mac claps w/ a haste
    U’ll get ‘stretched & left breathless’ like u couldnt rip the bag off ur face
    Grimm
    but before I dumb it down, I'll crack ya jaw & that point just forced me faster
    to go Rondo pronto...if what I spit don't land, you'll still get the punch shortly after
    Prediction coming into this battle: Bash 80/20

I dug Bash's punch here, works both ways. I think the setup coulda been a lil better and more relevant to the punch though. & I dunno what it is with me lately but some of yall shits is flying over my head. Is Grimm's referring to Rajon Rondo? Did he spit and get punched? I dunno man. I'm an idiot. Bash's was cool, Grimm took the W though so everyone else must've gotten this but me lol. Let's get some commentary from some of our RB peers that voted on this week's Contenders match;

The News Reporter: I did a rondo punch in a LLL battle but grimms was pretty tight and worded well. Though bash finisher was a little too simple really no sting factor.

Letterman: Both were good but I liked the Rondo bar a little more. Good shit from both

MV: v/Grimm - that punch was fire

Grimm ends up winning and advances to his first 1-2 Punch Champ Match (this season atleast) against Greedy.

Grimm wins 5-1

Wk 10 Championship: Greedy (13-4) vs MV (6-5)

Greedy
    wish RB put sanctions on niggas. I could've avoided this dorks career
    Cuz every embargoes in the trash faster than you can say North Korea
    MV
    i just notify my hitters, why do dirty work when i know some folk
    they wanted confirmation then eye a greed...down the barrel of a scope
    Prediction coming into this battle: Greedy 90/10

Cool champ match here, props to both for bringing something dope to the table. It's harder to do a nameplay on MV because it's only 2 letters, but Greedy came witty here with something I haven't seen done. Good shit. MV was cool too, I can't flex but the eye/I wp has just been done to death and I thought Greedy came harsher this week to hold onto the title. Good showing yall.

No Show Shine

XRey (vs Authentic)

Quote Originally Posted by XRey View Post
    Ur a mess-in-the-game, create an AKA to spread ur L’s, doesn’t make u any less-of-a-lame
    And why the fuck u claim to be authentic and then go n’ copy someone’s name?
    Prediction coming into this battle: Authentic 65/35

Feel like if Auth showed he woulda won this. Xrey had some cool multi's but that Authentic nameplay has been done to death and then some. Sucks to see you sign out fam, but it is what it is. I think that was Auth's 3rd NS as well so we'll see if he's able to come back this season. Maybe if he begs Spree to let him back. But yea a lil simple here, XRey. But thanks for showing atleast.

XRey wins via NS

Joe Boston (vs The Infamy)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Boston View Post
    Fucking with Joe not the best option, better search hard for where the hope is
    When I leave a slit down your side it’s not gonna look like a half naked Jennifer Lopez
    Prediction coming into this battle: Joe Boston 100/0

Boston had a decent, relevant punch once again. Shout out to the real plug tho, TMZ and Fox News. Thanks for showing this week Joseph. Prolly woulda beat Infamy tbh.

Joe Boston wins via NS

Week 10 Recap

So we had a nice turnout this week, only 2 no shows out of 9 battles. I'll take that. Let's make it 0 next week though y'all. We saw a couple upsets this week, with a couple of big name RB vets getting taken out. Sobe beat Bayou, and Letterman beat Barcotic. I consider Grimm beating Bash an upset as well, just cuz I had Bash at 5 in the Power Rankings and had him winning 80/20 in my prediction. Props to Grimm for coming thru, and good luck in the Week 11 Champ Match. It'll take a lot to take down Greedy, who's been on a hot streak and looks to close out the season still holding on to the belt. KnowP and Xrey signed out, but hopefully they'll be back in time for playoffs (If they make the cut). Some highlight battles this week were Smog vs Kill Spree and Jit vs KnowP, both with voters saying it could have gone either way, liking all bars brought to the table. Previews/Predictions, Power Rankings, & Top Punches are all coming up next. I hope you guys read this because I like putting in the work for yall.

Week 11 Previews & Predictions

Blue Bayou (10-4) vs Revelation 18:3 (0-0)

I honestly have no idea who other dude is, but Blue is coming off an L against Sobe and is looking to go back to his winning ways this week. He's up against someone I've never heard of, but while writing this I went and looked at his history... And it seems that it's my dawg Lenox. Sorry if I'm outing your alias here but all it took was a simple click to your post history to see that it was you. Lenox can come with some cool bars sometimes but I think based on Blue's experience and him wanting to get started on another winning streak, he will take this battle. But I'm looking forward to it because these guys are 2 of my few favorite writers here.

Prediction: Blue Bayou 90/10

JEM (3-6) vs Joe Boston (3-7)

I'm looking forward to this battle a lot tbh. Jem has a lot of potential, but his weakness is delivering a fluid, strong punch. His concepts are there and he is gonna be a problem if he can make his bars a lil more complex and harsh. Joe Boston has been doing real good these past few weeks, impressing me and others w/ some of his bars. I think if Joe took the time to word his punches right then he would have a record a lil closer to .500. It always seems there's an extra word or 2 thrown in, and in a one bar league, can make a lot of difference. For this battle I'm leaning more towards Joe Boston, but it will be close and like I said earlier, I'm looking forward to what these two bring this week. Good luck to Jem and Yung Fox News.

Prediction: Joe Boston 65/35

Allen Knight (2-1) vs. Jit (5-5)

We both took W's last week. AK beat Jem and I beat KnowP. Both battles were won via KO & we both look to keep it going with a Week 11 win. I have a tougher matchup against Knight this week so I won't sleep. Looking forward to this one & I hope you guys are as well. Good luck to Allen.

Prediction: Toss up 50/50

Bash (2-2) vs. Sobe (2-1)

BATTLE OPEN FOR VOTES (CLICK HERE)

I won't say too much because the battle is open, but both are known for bringing creative punches. Sobe looks to keep his momentum going after coming off a Week 10 upset of Blue Bayou. Bash looks to turn his luck around after losing a contenders match. Good luck to both.

Barcotic (14-4) vs. MV (6-6)

BATTLE OPEN FOR VOTES (CLICK HERE)

Another one of our open battles. Props to all 4 of you for getting bars up early. Both battlers in this match came off highly contested L's last week. Bar lost to Letterman, and MV lost a Champ Match. Both are tough losses to swallow, but atleast one of you will come away as the victor this week.

Week 11 Contenders: Smog (5-2) vs. Letterman (3-3)

This will be Smog's 2nd contender match within a week, his first being in the LLL, where he took me down for a chance at the Champ match against Plethora. Or will it be King? I guess we'll see. He got to this battle by beating Kill Spree last week, which isn't quite a walk in the park. Letterman pulled the upset against Barcotic last week. Both of these battlers seem hungry for a shot at the title, so this will be another good match up of week 11. I think Smog has a little more momentum coming into this battle, and he might be a lil more motivated to win this battle. But once again, this will be a close battle and should be interesting.

Prediction: Smog 55/45

Week 11 Championship: Greedy (14-4) vs. Grimm (4-3)

I think Greedy has been on too much of a roll to fall off now, especially being this close to the end of the season. Are we going 12 weeks? 16 weeks? I don't know, but he looks to hold the title however long it may be. But you never know with the weird world of text battling, anything can happen in any given week. Grimm is cool, riding a 2 or 3 match win streak into this battle. Based on what I've seen from both, I think Greedy will take this comfortably. Not trying to diss Grimm when I say that, I just think Greedy has a slight edge over him. But hey, this is just one persons opinion on a 2 sentence text battle matchup. I hope Grimm can surprise us this week and take over as the 1-2 Champ, but I'm going with Joog here.

Prediction: Greedy 75/25

- - - Updated - - -

Interview with GrimmReaperZ

What’s good y’all, I’m here with these weeks #1 contender, Grimm. How you doing dawg

Man im chillin', life is good

That's good to hear my G.
    About how long you been text battling for & what do you think about the current state of text?

a couple of years now..i think text is diluted and people try to copy what others do cause they wanna win or be considered "elite". just do u and let shit handle itself

Word, who do you see as the biggest competition here in the 1-2 punch?

hmm... that's a good one... pleth been slackin but hes up there.. the biggest comp is always gonna be the current champ cause u got that target on your back... shoutout to Greedy , hes been here since I first signed up and always stayed relevant & creative....

That's wassup. You heard the man @plethora . Sign in blood
    Who do you think had the best punch last week?

boyznblack... that guy's a fuckin beast

I'm not quite sure who that is...
    What is your take on the LLL Champ Match dilemma?

man... its never good to win a title by NS.. doesn't make u areal champ in my eyes, but u cant control what your opponent does... puts everyone involved in a awkward spot... I say u gotta make Pleth interim champ and have him battle the #1 contender, who I believe is Smog ...

Can you explain your Rondo punch for me, and anyone else who may not have got it?

lol....its actually about a couple losses I got on here where I felt the bars went over some folks heads... so I tied in a rondo punch of what I ( he) spit didn't land,,,but u get the punch ( understand the bar) shortly after...

My dawg throwing shade lol, 'couple losses'
    But you my dawg, anything else you want to throw in? Shit talk, shout outs, anything?

I leave the shit talk to the bums up here ( Caged, high & drunk mostly) and the ones who complain about votes after they lose. TBH losses & wins don't hold as much weight as folks seem to want I to, these battles are voted on so its just matter of opinion...I might think this bar is fire and others think its trash or redundant.. I think Joe Boston has a lot of potential ( just get ya wording right playboy) ...and shoutout to Spree, I never knew he was Bombard....that means I have more wins over him than I previously thought

Word, I appreciate you taking the time to answer these bro. Hopefully people don't just scroll over this. It's nice to have some insight from, maybe, our future 1-2 Punch champ? I agree with Boston though, just simplify it a bit and he'll be a problem for sure. Thanks again Grimm and good luck in the Champ match this week fam

- - - Updated - - -

Top Punches from Week 10
    in no order...

KnowP (vs. Jit)
    Snack em with the 9, then proceed to throw those hands
    Have ya elders screaming Lord Have Mercy like die hard Flip Mode fans

Sobe (vs. Blue Bayou)
    black, white and brown hoes aint feeling your flows, the fuck you think?
    even asian bitches say "no more brew" like they've had enough to drink

Blue Bayou (vs. Sobe)
    Sobe needs date rape drugs to get in the holes of a bitch..
    orders her a drink & the Laces Out so fast he could get a job holdin for kicks

Letterman (vs. Barcotic)
    Ur bars been average for years. People loved em but now they seem quite stupid
    I peepholes in your style.. used to be something to adore, but now we see right thru it

Bash (vs. Grimm)
    He wont make it to the champ match, that mac claps w/ a haste
    U’ll get ‘stretched & left breathless’ like u couldnt rip the bag off ur face

- - - Updated - - -

Power Rankings

1. Greedy

Last week: 1 (--)

Young Joog is still on top after a successful title defense against MV last week. He looks to keep it going this week against Grimm, who's been on a little bit of a hot streak. Greedy is showing no signs of slowing down though, having not lost a regular or an LR battle in recent memory. He needs to continue to bring his A-game against Grimm this week, who is on a 2 match win streak and is hungry to claim the 1-2 title.

2. Smog

Last week: 4 (+2)

Smog took the W in a dope battle last week against Kill Spree, who is no rookie in the text game. Known for some slick wording and harsh punches, he finds himself in the Week 11 Contenders Match against Letterman, who just pulled the upset against Barcotic. Smog is making a name for himself here and in the LLL, in which I'm pretty sure he's taking the dub from me in the contenders match there (currently up like 4-0 in votes). If he wins his match this week, I wouldn't be surprised if he took the title in Week 12, whether it be against Greedy, or GrimmReaperZ.

3. GrimmReaperZ

Last week: Not ranked

Even though Grimm didn't crack the top 5 last week, he finds himself in a champ match this week against Greedy. He can come with some cool shit though, and I personally think he deserves to be here. He's up against Greedy this week, and he's looking to become the next 1-2 Punch champion.

4. Letterman

Letterman pulled off one of the bigger upsets of the week in Week 10, taking down Barcotic. I, along as some others probably, thought that this would be an EZ win for Bar, considering Lettermans recent output. But he showed that he knows how to construct a dope punch and get the job done. As a result, he finds himself in a contenders match against Smog this week. This has potential to be battle of the week, as both seem hungry for a chance at the 1-2 Punch title.

5. Allen Knight

Although he's only 2-1 right now, Knight is a vet to the game that, in my opinion, always drops some dope shit. He signed in to this league a bit late, being that NC is his usual stomping grounds, but you can never sleep on dude. He dropped a cool punch to take the win from Jem last week, which on paper doesn't seem like much, but Jem is tight and if he didn't drop the ball with his punch last week it woulda been a closer battler for Knight. But he finds himself rounding out the top 5 of our power ranks this week.

Honorable Mentions

Sobe
    Blue Bayou

- - - Updated - - -

Outro

Once again thanks to everyone who showed for Week 10, we only had a couple battles that didn’t end up happening. Shout out to Grimm for competing in this Week’s Champ Match. My dawg was throwing shade in his interview at me, saying a ‘couple’ of his losses shouldn’t have been that way. But good luck man, Greedy will probably be his toughest matchup yet in the 1-2. Contenders match will be a showdown between a couple known RB heads w/ Smog & Letterman, both who had impressive wins last week. We saw the exits of KnowP and Xrey, but their slack was picked up with a newer head to RB, Revelation. Someone sign in to battle Kill Spree. A couple more notable matches of the week are: Barcotic vs MV (OPEN NOW, GO VOTE), Bash vs Sobe, and Jit vs Allen Knight. Keep up the good work y’all, I hope you enjoyed the Mag. Let me know if you all have any suggestions.
    Last edited by YG; November 7th, 2018 at 11:27 AM

Battle Record
    59-22
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted. 50+ Wins

Re: 1-2 Punch Mag

good mag. i think you are slipping on the honorable mentions tho. both Joe(who is showing much improvement imo) and Spree are doing their thing this season

- - - Updated - - -

the instrumental was dope tho. it definitely set the mood for the mag lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    34-16
    Awards LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion GBL Season Champion Haymaker Maddnes Champion GBL Champion Cypher Winner FL Champion FL Tournament Winner

Yo dope mag. Keep up the good work

Btw.. Letterman had a good punch but barcotics punch was nasty, and it had good personal tie-ins with race and a current event since demetrious johnson (a black man) was traded for ben askren ( a white man)

Just have to slow down when pronouncing Askren (ask her in)

Battle Record
    122-29
    Awards Masquerade Champion - Award Request Accepted GBL Champion FL Tournament Winner FL Tag Champion LLL HOF Cypher Winner LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 100+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion

Good shit jit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by plethora View Post

Btw.. Letterman had a good punch but barcotics punch was nasty, and it had good personal tie-ins with race and a current event since demetrious johnson (a black man) was traded for ben askren ( a white man)

Yea that was a good battle
    Kill a bitch and kill her kid
    all depends what her nigga did
    -herbo

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Askren (ask her in)

WHAT? Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Have to slow down when pronouncing... Man ya'll fucking tripping, yo.

REACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    34-16
    Awards LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion GBL Season Champion Haymaker Maddnes Champion GBL Champion Cypher Winner FL Champion FL Tournament Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Askren (ask her in)

WHAT? Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Have to slow down when pronouncing... Man ya'll fucking tripping, yo.

REACHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Slow down for people who don't get the np/wp

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Yeah it’s not a reach at all.

No need to slow it down

Dope mag jit you the real G

Battle Record
    151-13
    Awards 150+ Wins Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL HOF LLL Champion FL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by plethora View Post

thank u sir

amen cant talk slant or slang so no making wp work aloud for him
    dont mind him

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

ASKREN sounds like Ask her in?

Lol, wow.

I could see if it was Askerin or Askeren - then sure but ASKREN?

No.

Battle Record
    151-13
    Awards 150+ Wins Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL HOF LLL Champion FL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

&& lol @ going from 2nd to a mention after 1 loss

14-4
    get at me

- - - Updated - - -

ASKREN sounds like Ask her in?

Lol, wow.

I could see if it was Askerin or Askeren - then sure but ASKREN?

No.
    shut the entire fuck up, u moron
    kthxbye

RANK #18
    Battle Record
    92-22
    Awards 75+ Wins

Ima let you do that part of the mag next time so you’re number one every time

Battle Record
    122-29
    Awards Masquerade Champion - Award Request Accepted GBL Champion FL Tournament Winner FL Tag Champion LLL HOF Cypher Winner LLL Champion 1-2 Season Champion 100+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion

Nah. It works.
    -herbo

Battle Record
    51-15

Doesn’t work. It’s a reach.

Battle Record
    151-13

Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    Ima let you do that part of the mag next time so you’re number one every time
    nah bro i kno its bc i was signed out while u did that part

dont mind moi

Battle Record
    122-29

Doesn’t work. It’s a reach.
    Ima reach thru the screen and light ur goatee on fire. Smh

Bro u the same nigga that said "cease Oz/seesaws" dont work. Everybody knows New York niggas pronounce shit wrong. Smh
    -herbo