User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 16 to 30 of 40

Thread: It's been 15 years...

Stranger

Re: It's been 15 years...

Quote Originally Posted by High And Drunk View Post
    What was his objection?

I've been buying and flipping businesses for a decade.

Pretty sure we could find some common ground.

I'm sure he has goals with this site. There are ways to move him further towards his goals while also keeping this shit serving the people.
    he wants a crazy amount if he ever does sell probably. I don't think it's worth much more than that other than for the name.

dude won't sell unless you put up six figures. if he ever does sell it I hope he does it to somoene that is familar with the site.

this site is basically saying, hey look what domain I own, I own rap battles!

I guess being able to say that is worth more than money.
    '
    I can actually see this site selling to a popular battle league one of these days, I wonder if strobe has been shopping that around.

if I got it then there would be a different platform indeed, and monetizable goals.

who woulda even thunk that RB could of been something admins are making a living off of.

so I see his point to an extent, I have domains I won't sell unless it retires me.

You've Earned a Custom Title! hello there's Avatar
    Battle Record
    1-9

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake Assassin View Post
    he wants a crazy amount if he ever does sell probably. I don't think it's worth much more than that other than for the name.

dude won't sell unless you put up six figures. if he ever does sell it I hope he does it to somoene that is familar with the site.

this site is basically saying, hey look what domain I own, I own rap battles!

I guess being able to say that is worth more than money.
    '
    I can actually see this site selling to a popular battle league one of these days, I wonder if strobe has been shopping that around.

if I got it then there would be a different platform indeed, and monetizable goals.

who woulda even thunk that RB could of been something admins are making a living off of.

so I see his point to an extent, I have domains I won't sell unless it retires me.
    True but I wouldn't want to own the domain at all.

I don't want to own or control any of the assets. Just pay the costing and fixed costs, in order to influence / dictate content until when / if he decides to sell the asset as a whole.

Adding value while paying to do so.

There were forums back in 2009 (when the site was very active) where people were trying to buy the site. It aint happening.

Battle Record
    0-2

I joined in 2010 and was warned how people can be on here, I didn’t see it for a while besides my first violation one of the first things I posted cause I said “I thought he was my band aid but he ended up being my bubu” which I still don’t know why cause it was his nickname and I thought it was hot. I think it was to Venus vs mArs. I’ve learned a lot since though and am grateful, I also learned I don’t write as well as I once thought I did compared. One thing I didn’t learn was how to get along with others when in the face to face world - it was never my problem - fuck it. I’m still grateful for the site.
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919

Battle Record
    151-13
    Awards 150+ Wins Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL HOF LLL Champion FL Champion LLL Season Champion LLL HOF

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by A Disciple View Post
    I joined in 2010 and was warned how people can be on here, I didn’t see it for a while besides my first violation one of the first things I posted cause I said “I thought he was my band aid but he ended up being my bubu” which I still don’t know why cause it was his nickname and I thought it was hot. I think it was to Venus vs mArs. I’ve learned a lot since though and am grateful, I also learned I don’t write as well as I once thought I did compared. One thing I didn’t learn was how to get along with others when in the face to face world - it was never my problem - fuck it. I’m still grateful for the site.
    uhh.... wot?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    0-2

Lol @Toobs yeah you already know ��
    +~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~¥~+
    CLA919

Legend.
    Battle Record
    41-0
    Awards Haiku Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion - Award Request Accepted Haiku Season Champion PC HOF FL Tournament Winner 25+ Wins

People have been trying to buy this site for 20 years. It'll never happen, that in turn is a massive shame.

If this could get anywhere near where it was between 2002-2008 it'd be fucking epic.
    Legend.
    RB Original.

Meta. Convicts.
    18-0 Crew Record, 06-07 Best Crew.

RANK #18
    Battle Record
    92-22
    Awards 75+ Wins

Site has a pretty decent battle scene going on. Obviously not like it was but it’s better than any other rap forum out rn

Forums are just a thing of the past I guess, newer generation would rather spend time on the internet by going on Snapchat, instagram, etc. it’s too much of a dying breed but we’re lucky to have some loyal heads that have stuck around and look to keep it going as long as possible

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-4

Hello my friend, how is life treat you

...practice makes poetry
    Battle Record
    4-1

RB in it's hayday was up there with the best sites on net.
    RM was always the top site but RB held it's own with it's loyal members.
    There was Rhyme n Reason by Jay Krupp and Therhymepaper by paperback, Those were the good old days.
    Hence Forward

Oh. Gosh. I did not know this site is as old. But it is a great platform, I have found a great community here. Thanks Dear

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again
    Last edited by daniellee77; December 4th, 2018 at 01:10 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    64-17
    Awards Legendary Battle SAP Champion 1-2 Season Champion FL Champion LLL Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF Legendary Member LLL Season Champion PC HOF

I would assume he's keeping it as a long term investment in case someone comes offering something significant. Which hopefully doesn't happen coz all this will go away.

It sucks coz we could probably get this place bumping again with more control
    The Last Level

Battle Record
    2-3

I was here when niggas like Abolish and Listen were wreck'n

You know not what you speak my son.