This is not a remix!

Let me explain.

I was able to find and download (and you can too if you're so inclined) the raw multitrack stems of Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean." - I'm assuming everyone knows what those are but if not let me explain. Multitrack stems are the individual tracks of a song before they are mixed down into one final master track. RAW multitracks are the tracks without any processing (eq, compression, reverb, delay etc..)

I've been getting into mixing/mastering and decided to put my own mix on this classic song, for practice.

This isn't a finished version, it's actually the 4th revision I've done (even though the FL Studio title bar says 'Mix 3' - it's actually the 4th).

I still want to tighten up the bass a little bit, the reverb on MJ's vocals, and few other small little things before I try to master it. But the mix is sounding pretty close to done and figured I'd share it.

In the video you can see my automation, my bus sends (the tracks in black on the mixer), and my plugin chains.

here's the original for comparison.

I'm not trying to get a spot on 1 for 1 match of the original, but I did use the original as a reference.

Also please be aware that as this is not a final mastered track, my mix will not sound as loud/"full" as the OG version.