User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Midnight Matinee

Awards PC HOF

Midnight Matinee

"Midnight Matinee"
    By Sammy

Used to love those Friday night visits to the video store. Poster boards propping the walls in neon prestige. “Dawn of the Dead” and “Salem’s Lot” on the screens as i perused the aisle for Horror - “Beyond The Sea”. “Mom, i wanna see that!”

My midnight matinees.The horror fan in me, transformer blanket forged as a fort sprawled out on the floor in front of the screen, to protect me from the dark and all thoughts in between while kernels' popping off secrets; Orville Redenbacher “extra butter”, no regards for the eavesdroppers and harbored feelings so often becomes lost in the evening.

To be young again.

Do i romanticize the time? sure i do. Quite often, actually. Its funny how we tend to chase our apparitions...without meaning to. Y’all read my raps each week. There’s a theme that moves past the schemes into a peek, a view, of the serenes of youth, from week to week. Tell me you dont see it too...

There’s a reason, dude. I breathe easier looking back when It wasn’t as taxing
    Just your simple addition subtraction with no additional taxes yeah life was much simpler back then, i revel in past tense. Remember how ecstatic i was just stay up past ten! I never lasted. Nothing ever does. As the screen blackens, I swear I hear the National Anthem. Then….static.

https://soundcloud.com/user-904165624/midnight-matinee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    1-3
    Awards Haiku Season Champion

Re: Midnight Matinee

Interesting structure and incorporation of plot and visual tools.
    It seems too unpolished though, and the content needs more substance. You 'tell' too much.
    I would like to see a more traditional style from you, to see how you normally approach a poem and its subject.

This felt like a spoken word piece to me. Which is dope, but sometimes the diction doesn’t translate as well to paper
    But this was cool for what it was. Good imagery tovthis aswell. U set up a nicely painted picture of the background
    Tovyour words. Could of used a bit more depth in your overall scheme but other than that this was a solid read Sam

Enjoyed
    DamNation

Awards PC HOF

@spokenoh @Fatrick Swayze thanks for the read, gents. will return favor soon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.