User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: are you in favor of starting rb fresh?

Stranger

are you in favor of starting rb fresh?

staff is against the idea, but I had this idea to start fresh with the records, that will enable me to create category based records so you will have a record for say LLL, or if SS ever came back you would have a specific record for SS, and you would have your own record for front lines, I think it's very off putting to come to the site and see people on the statistics who hasn't battled here in decades, you would also be able to sort those statistics via category as well, so you would have one for LLL, SS, FL, ect, I think that is the best option going forward, you would still have your old records archived, and this section would be like a new record section, if someone wants to view your old record they would click on your profile, there too much record data right now to do category based, unless I just assume that everyones record is from FL.

I would start an email campaign to drive some people back, there would probably be a lot of bitching from old members, as well as some maybe even coming back to reclaim the thrown, I think with a good enough email/social media campaign that could work wonders.

we don't care about the old members that would come back just to bitch anyway, they do nothing for us anymore, except take up space on the statistics.

also not to mention, you could sort those statistics by the current month to.

I just think the current record system is old enough to warrant a change/refresh.

The 0bserver
    Battle Record
    3-4

Re: are you in favor of starting rb fresh?

"we don't care about the old members that would come back just to bitch anyway, they do nothing for us anymore, except take up space on the statistics."
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Absolutely not. Terrible idea.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

A battle record is a battle record. The fuck do they need to be categorized for?

This is worse then the removal of post counts and join dates.

Terrible idea.

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Not a fan of this idea really.

Would there be a way to keep the old battle records displayed just as a stat? It wouldn't have to be tied into the new system you develop and would never have to change or be updated again... but just so old members still have their Wins/Losses displayed from the past. Then any battle moving forward would be part of the new system.

I don't care either way tbh just an idea.

Reflections is out now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Stranger

The record will be in an archive, all the records will be new.

If you want this site catered to new members, you need to stop catering it towards old members, I want to build a useful statistics page, and the one we got now is useless, alot of people still care about the records, in fact when I came on the records where lost after an upgrade and everyone was bitching because they lost their stupid record lmao. don't give me that shit no one cares about their record.

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

A stats page is what ever but not having records under profile is meh. To RR and ppl like to work on a good lookin rec

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kill Spree View Post
    A stats page is what ever but not having records under profile is meh. To RR and ppl like to work on a good lookin rec
    that's my thought process, people don't have nothing to work for no more and they would want to come back and reclaim the thrown while their old record is visible on the profile, in an archive, most records aside from the main active people, like amen's record, are from many years ago...even if people come back to bitch over that, it would be more activity than we have now lmao.

basically nothing changes except the record displayed under your name is the new record, I could also have a thing that says old record on there, you click on it and it shows your old record.

he can't tell me no one cares about their record, this site lives and breaths that record.

here on rb, its about what can you do for me now, not what you done for me then.. ya dig?

also the post count and registration date was never gone, just gone from your postbit under your name. if peopel really wanted to know that info that could click on your profile.

Battle Record
    86-54

The records have nothing to do with our site being this slow... admins are gone but you and I as smod have none close to nothing either.

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

I'm going to say no to this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Celph Taut
    sick, bro. Holy shit. Absolutely captivating lyrics. never seen something so explosive, dynamic, and quintessentially mesmerizing! Keep it up!

Stranger

of course someone who hasn't done nothing in years battle wise would say no, inactivity should be penalized.

this site is called rapbattles.com not rapbeef.com or raploungetroll.com

this shits like rapbattlesfrom15yearsago.com now

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

I don't battle anymore dude.

sick, bro. Holy shit. Absolutely captivating lyrics. never seen something so explosive, dynamic, and quintessentially mesmerizing! Keep it up!

Stranger

exactly my point, dudes that don't battle shouldn't be taking space up on the statistics, especially when I fix that up. Leave that shit for the active. If you don't battle no more or care about battling, there is no need for you to have a record, so you can brag about it and not do shit hmmm

my statistics update will only show the top battlers within the current year/month... the current statistics is decades old, and was around before the eminem and lickity split battle.. OoO

Battle Record
    58-60
    Awards 50+ Wins

No I get that. But wat happens to our old battles?