User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 10 11
Showing results 151 to 158 of 158

Thread: Gun debate question....

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

Re: Gun debate question....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
    Imo anything past a handgun is completely unessacary. That doesnt mean I think they should straight up ban every other weapon.
    but they are trying to ban handguns as well so. . .

But im just curious.. what are you doing thats so beneficial with this weapons? They are used to shoot things.. there is no other purpose for them.
    personally, mine are used for competition and recreational shooting. thats MY benefit. If thats not a benefit to you, thats o.k., but dont take it from me because a criminal went out and did some criminal type shit with the same or similar gun

You brought up "then they should ban planes because of 9/11.. they should ban cars because people can run people over.. they should ban knives because people stab people."

Unlike guns, all of those things have other purposes.
    guns do have different purposes. Recreation, self defense and personal protection, property protection, hunting etc. . . they actually play a pretty big role in both industry and ordinary peoples lives

Planes are used to transport people across the country & other nations.. cars are obviously used to get to & from work or wherever else we need to go. Knives or blades in general are necessary because theyre used in everyday jobs, cooking, numerous day to day activities require a blade. And bombs are already illegal. What else you got?
    planes are also used to ram into buildings, cars are used to mow through crowds of people, knives are used to stab people. . you are pretty much proving my point here. These are all OBJECTS that criminals incorrectly use to take lives with. A gun, like planes, knives, rocks, condoms, cell phones etc. . is just an object. A tool like a hammer or a saw.

I've never once in my life HAD to use a gun.
    congrats. me either. Still don't mean we shouldn't have access to them.

Guns are used to shoot things & thats it.
    lol cant argue with that

The negatives thats come from guns far outweighs your need to go target shooting/hunting.
    no it really don't. not when far more positive things come out of guns then negative things. sit on that for a minute!

What are those kinds of guns so necessary for that anyone who hasnt been labeled a criminal yet has access to? What is their positive purpose other then shooting things. What benefit do guns give us that we absolutley need that far outweighs the number of deaths theyve caused. Let me know.
    lol ..... you are too easy my good friend.

law enforcement and civilians use guns to protect lives every day. In fact, they are used to save many more lives then they are used to take away.

but more notably is the RIDICULOUS argument that the guns cause death . . . not the people pulling the trigger, but the gun.

but you just want to get rid of everything thats not a handgun.

so let me ask you this. . when you take away rifles, shotguns, "assault weapons", and every other gun that you think is too dangerous to have on the streets. . . . and it does nothing to stop crime or stop shootings, how long will it take before you start advocating to ban the handguns too?
    Last edited by Nohbody; April 9th, 2018 at 12:08 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Imo anything past a handgun is completely unessacary. That doesnt mean I think they should straight up ban every other weapon.

But im just curious.. what are you doing thats so beneficial with this weapons? They are used to shoot things.. there is no other purpose for them.

You brought up "then they should ban planes because of 9/11.. they should ban cars because people can run people over.. they should ban knives because people stab people."

Unlike guns, all of those things have other purposes.

Planes are used to transport people across the country & other nations.. cars are obviously used to get to & from work or wherever else we need to go. Knives or blades in general are necessary because theyre used in everyday jobs, cooking, numerous day to day activities require a blade. And bombs are already illegal. What else you got?

Ive never once in my life HAD to use a gun.

Guns are used to shoot things & thats it. The negatives thats come from guns far outweighs your need to go target shooting/hunting.

What are those kinds of guns so necessary for that anyone who hasnt been labeled a criminal yet has access to? What is their positive purpose other then shooting things. What benefit do guns give us that we absolutley need that far outweighs the number of deaths theyve caused. Let me know.
    Planes and cars have 1 purpose in which is the same but different concept. Planes are utilized for transportation by AIR. Cars are used for transportation by soil/ground.

Their only purpose.

Guns have many purposes - mainly protection, self defense and can also be used for hunting. Like a knife, a knife is used for carving things - depending on the kind of knife used for hunting and carving meats as well as other objects. But also can be used for protection and self defense.

All of which have the potential to kill people if not handled/operated properly.
    Last edited by Amen; April 9th, 2018 at 12:14 PM

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Also to answer your last portion - Some GUN enthusiast consider it a hobby - so they collect firearms (Such as myself). Like your every day Car enthusiast. What's the difference?

Cars have 1 purpose. You drive them. That is it. Guns have multiple. Both can kill people if not operated properly.

Everything in life has a PRO and a CON. It's how you perceive those PROS and CONS.

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

Cars.. planes.. blades.. are a necessatie.

Shooting things is not a necessatie. Its a hobby that is meaningless compared to the amount of deaths guns cause.

Go join a softball league.. collect rocks.. play some fortnite or something.

We can get by and live life just fine without the use of guns being accessible to every american who hasnt been classified as a criminal yet. Theyre only necessary to police officers or military/armed forces.

You can not say the same about cars.. or planes.. or blades even.

- - - Updated - - -

And yea itd be unfair to people who use them pefectly legally as hobby.

But that hobby is not worth the deaths they cause. Your right to that hobby is unfair to people dying regularly from mass shootings. Unfortunately I think youd manage just fine finding a different hobby. Youll make it through life & say "wow, I never had to shoot amybody."
    Last edited by Mike G.; April 9th, 2018 at 01:07 PM

Battle Record
    3-1

Shooting things is not a necessatie. Its a hobby that is meaningless compared to the amount of deaths guns cause.
    yes, shootings things are a necessity... thats why guns exist

plus, you are advocating taking away guns that account for less than 2% of mass shootings, yet, you stand for handguns which account for more then 80% of mass shootings.

so which is it? we get to at least keep that guns that according to you 'cause' the majority of mass shootings . . . or do you just want to remove all guns from civilian hands because its makes more sense to punish the innocent then hold criminals responsible? Im having a real hard time figuring out where you really stand on this issue. . .because it sounds more and more like you want a total gun confiscation

We can get by and live life just fine without the use of guns being accessible to every american who hasnt been classified as a criminal yet. Theyre only necessary to police officers or military/armed forces.
    Interesting. You have already established you dont like police and nobody trusts the government. Yet, you want them to be the only ones with guns. . .

But that hobby is not worth the deaths they cause.
    oh man. . guns are still causing deaths huh?

Your right to that hobby is unfair to people dying regularly from mass shootings.
    yet according to you its o.k. to keep handguns which account for over 80% of mass shootings. Its the less than 2% of people killed by those evil AR's that you really want to protect

Unfortunately I think youd manage just fine finding a different hobby. Youll make it through life & say "wow, I never had to shoot amybody."
    sending people to take our guns is one way to make certain that we will have to shoot someone in our lifetime. . .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

I cant even argue with you.. I cant count how many times youve put words in my mouth.

Please find the quote where I said they need to abolish all guns.. or that I dont like the police.. and I dont trust the goverment

I dont recall saying any of that so quote my posts & we'll go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Everything I said in this thread pertaining to guns is reasons I think they should be harder to have access to. Which ive said over & over.

- - - Updated - - -

Since guns dont kill people.

Why.dont.you go ahead and defend your home with a car or a plane or knife or a bomb?

Will it be harder and a huge inconvenience? Exactly.

Exactly why there will be less mass shootings without guns.

Since you need to defend your home and protect yourself.. do so with a knife or a car cause they are equally as dangerous according to all of your logic.

Battle Record
    51-15

Go join a softball league.. collect rocks.. play some fortnite or something.

You can not say the same about cars.. or planes.. or blades even.

- - - Updated - - -

But that hobby is not worth the deaths they cause. Your right to that hobby is unfair to people dying regularly from mass shootings. Unfortunately I think youd manage just fine finding a different hobby. Youll make it through life & say "wow, I never had to shoot amybody."
    So if we go to war - we don't need guns? What would you suggest we use if we are invaded?

Battle Record
    3-1

I cant even argue with you.. I cant count how many times youve put words in my mouth.

Please find the quote where I said they need to abolish all guns.. or that I dont like the police.. and I dont trust the goverment

I dont recall saying any of that so quote my posts & we'll go from there.
    my fault, i confused you with greedy. . . so if you did not say those things i apologize, honest mistake

Everything I said in this thread pertaining to guns is reasons I think they should be harder to have access to. Which ive said over & over.
    cool . . but the one big thing your avoiding is what the banning of certain firearms NOW, will do to the rest of firearms in the future. . .

because what im telling you is that if people give up their rights to rifles and shotguns. . then you will just be back on here calling for the ban of pistols when the shootings keep happening. So where does the line get drawn?

Since guns dont kill people.
    they do not kill people. . . a PERSON, a HUMAN LIVING BODY actually has to pick up a gun, point it, and pull the trigger. Ultimately, yes, the gun did the damage, but by no admission of its own. It didnt jump up off the couch and just start firing away lol

Why.dont.you go ahead and defend your home with a car or a plane or knife or a bomb?

Will it be harder and a huge inconvenience? Exactly.
    your arguements here work great for the CRIMINALS bro. . im sure all criminals wished everyone thought the same way you do lol

Exactly why there will be less mass shootings without guns.
    take the guns. . rape, assault, home invasion, burglary etc. . will go up drastically. . buy meh. .. small price to pay to keep ARs out of the hands of good people

Since you need to defend your home and protect yourself.. do so with a knife or a car cause they are equally as dangerous according to all of your logic.
    never said they were equally as dangerous, but ALL of the inanimate objects you have described have been used to kill people. yet, you will never say the car caused the death, or the knife caused the death. . .its only the gun that caused the death

thats where your argument falls apart

i have listed REAL solutions that can dramatically lower gun violence that would give us options around taking guns out of innocent peoples hands or infringing on a constitutional amendment.

your answer is to do away with anything thats not a handgun which would do absolutely nothing to stop gun violence. . .

while i suggest at least six things that could potentially work or drastically help

- end the war on drugs and use that money to go into school security
    - Increase mental health facilities
    - Invoke harsher penalties for gun crimes . . . both for criminals on the street and businesses or individuals who conduct illegal sales and traffic firearms
    - Make local law enforcement provide free or low cost training and fire arm classes
    - Create tighter regulations on medications that cause depression and further mental distress
    - Anyone with history of domestic violence, drug abuse, or alcohol abuse should have to receive annual psychological evaluations . . . and of course, no person currently under indictment or in treatment for above issues should be given rights to gun access