User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 131

Thread: yo community

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

Re: yo community, we need graphics and shit.

Bro im not here to critique dia as an admin.. im clueless as far as what he has or hasnt done done for the site.. and I really dont care.

As far as an admin asking members to make graphics.. so what.. he didnt demand anything from me I simply offered to remake a logo I did years ago & thats it. Youre talking like im somebodies flunkie cause I offered to make a logo lol.

People who make graphics and post them to forums do it as a hobby.. they arent professionals. Like you text battle as a hobby. And someone whos actually aspiring to be a designer has to do shit for free to build a portfolio if they ever wanted to show potential clients their work. Plenty of people would do that shit for free without the ordering around and the deadlines.

Who actually owns this site?? Who pays the bills every month? Whos profiting off ad revenue if there even is any. They are really the one responsible for status of the site.

Anyone who chooses to moderate here or contribute at all is doing so at their own will.

Codealt

strobe owns the site, but he doesn't come here, no one makes any ad revenue.

rb was always a community effort.

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

We definitely need a new skin the logos & banners that have been used here the past couple years are trash.. not that im even half decent but I get confised by the artwork getting used here.. the visual aspect of any site is huge

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G. View Post
    We definitely need a new skin the logos & banners that have been used here the past couple years are trash.. not that im even half decent but I get confised by the artwork getting used here.. the visual aspect of any site is huge
    yea I just don't want to put crap up there for the sake of having a new skin, I'm not even entirely sure if a skin change would be approved by the higher ups. I can careless what the damn skin looks like tho as long as its clean and I know where everything is, and I can count on one finger how many times I said, oh wow lookie at this fucking banner!
    Last edited by Stranger; March 20th, 2018 at 10:39 PM

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Here's what's going to happen. Absolutely fucking nothing. Dia will get nothing accomplished. No progress has been made whatsoever. The admins don't even care. Don't expect me to help do shit. I will just focus on not losing the few active members we have left. @Dia is a lazy bum who doesn't do shit except make excuses as to why he isn't making any attempts to revive this site.

- - - Updated - - -

This fucking idiot thinks the skin we have now is perfectly fine. Jesus Christ. No wonder this site is so fucking hopeless right now.

Battle Record
    0-2

yall can sit here and argue over this and that, over skins, over whos responsibility is what, etc...

the only thing that would give RB and even slight chance of becoming more than just a memory you can log onto(which lets be for real thats about all it is now), is to ditch VBulletin, the entire oldschool forum format in general...
    and someone code an entirely new way of doing this...one that integrates all popular social media into it...and which the mechanics you operate in order to post are entirely different...
    something more like a social media network..
    on-site audio/graphical/text piece hosting that is self-advertised at random throughout the site, while simultaneously pushing them through the popular social media outlets...
    going to take an active, dedicated hip hop news team to keep interesting articles flowing through here linked to social media with titles that make people want to click, that bring them back here...
    live, on the spot video/audio batrtling that people can start up without making plans and signing up and having to upload to 3rd party places to post...

theres a lot more i could say here...but it's not worth going into full detail, because nobody here has the technical expertise necessary... a bunch of us put together could have that expertise, but workng together to create a better site is something that people have been trying to do for years and it just doesn't work...

main obstacle is Strobe... he doesn't want to sell the place, and apparently refuses to communicate with anyone who wants to run it...

so what you have here is an archive of how things useds to be, that you can still use and participate in...
    Last edited by Toobs; March 21st, 2018 at 01:06 AM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    yall can sit here and argue over this and that, over skins, over whos responsibility is what, etc...

the only thing that would give RB and even slight chance of becoming more than just a memory you can log onto(which lets be for real thats about all it is now), is to ditch VBulletin, the entire oldschool forum format in general...
    and someone code an entirely new way of doing this...one that integrates all popular social media into it...and which the mechanics you operate in order to post are entirely different...
    on-site audio/graphical/text piece hosting that is self-advertised at random throughout the site, while simultaneously pushing them through the popular social media outlets...
    going to take an active, dedicated hip hop news team to keep interesting articles flowing through here linked to social media with titles that make people want to click, that bring them back here...
    live, on the spot video/audio batrtling that people can start up without making plans and signing up and having to upload to 3rd party places to post...

theres a lot more i could say here...but it's not worth going into full detail, because nobody here has the technical expertise necessary... a bunch of us put together could have that expertise, but workng together to create a better site is something that people have been trying to do for years and it just doesn't work...

main obstacle is Strobe... he doesn't want to sell the place, and apparently refuses to communicate with anyone who wants to run it...

so what you have here is an archive of how things useds to be, that you can still use and participate in...
    @Dia get started on this just in case our original plan fails.

Stranger

stand in the corner on your tippie toes. and don't come out until i say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post

I want to do something like that, for what I'm thinking would take a lot of time, id must really love the site if i do that.

we would have to get everyone to switch over, migrate our member database, which would piss people off even more.

all that time into creating something like that only for nothing to happen, if you paint a cow green, it's still a cow that will be slaughtered.

and to be honest if I created something that elaborate I wouldn't put it on RB. cuz I would promote that thing to the fullest and I would get my money back tin fold, so I can promote even more, I just don't think RB is stable enough for that right now, I can promote the shit out of shit, and it could be gone tommorow.

I am strongly considering making something like LB that has no ties to vbulletin what so ever other than merging members over. then we'd have the forums to talk about shit and promote the app.

what I'm thinking off would require a better host that would be more expensive, so we can have live battles and shit that's hosted on our platform and not elsewhere.

only thing that needs to happen right now that will improve activity is to archive the records and build back up the battle section, I been pushing for that for years, everyones active af when there trying to get a killer record.
    Last edited by Stranger; March 21st, 2018 at 01:52 AM

Battle Record
    32-6

@Dia I'm going to need you to coordinate with Mike G. to get the logo completed and have it replace the current one. While he is busy on that, I need you to finalize the color scheme of our new default skin. It should accentuate the logo. I know we haven't necessarily been friendly to each other but I hope we can establish a mutual respect for one another. To accomplish this, you are going to have to refrain from being harsh and insensitive to me and the other members. Let's work together. There is no reason for us to bicker or engage in uncouth discourse.

Stranger

shut the fuck up you arent organizing this, I been wanting a new skin for awhile and that don't happen till I get some graphics, the graphics inspire me to make a dope ass skin. ( well if the graphic is dope af lol )

no logo will be replaced, the logo will be put on a brand new skin.

and you probably scared any members away from doing shit now.
    Last edited by Stranger; March 21st, 2018 at 02:00 AM

Battle Record
    32-6

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    shut the fuck up you arent organizing this, I been wanting a new skin for awhile and that don't happen till I get some graphics, the graphics inspire me to make a dope ass skin. ( well if the graphic is dope af lol )

no logo will be replaced, the logo will be put on a brand new skin.
    I recognize your ambitions and sincerely appreciate you sharing them with me. Perhaps we can make a compromise that will benefit us both. I understand that you are eager to implement a new skin but respectfully we don't really need one. Let's keep the one we have now as it is sleek and trendy enough to appeal to today's generation. As for the logo, I agree with you. Let's keep the current one as it is pleasant to look at and brings great joy to our fellow members. So my proposal is this, no new skin or logo. This well help us to quickly and efficiently finish the restoration of the site.

Stranger

either option wouldnt restore the site.

you have terrets

Battle Record
    32-6

If we combine our efforts and stop being so hostile towards each other we can pull this restoration off. All I'm suggesting is that we don't do anything to the default forum skin or logo. This would be less time-consuming and difficult to manage. Now let's think of a few subtle changes we can make to help the site get more traffic. I propose disabling registration and taxing our current members a subscription fee for using our forums. This will greatly increase activity.

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by B Dot LESNAR View Post
    If we combine our efforts and stop being so hostile towards each other we can pull this restoration off. All I'm suggesting is that we don't do anything to the default forum skin or logo. This would be less time-consuming and difficult to manage. Now let's think of a few subtle changes we can make to help the site get more traffic. I propose disabling registration and taxing our current members a subscription fee for using our forums. This will greatly increase activity.
    lol ur funny.

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by B Dot LESNAR View Post
    @Dia get started on this just in case our original plan fails.
    lmao

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.