User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 75 of 134

Thread: We need to have a serious discussion about the future of this site.

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Re: We need to have a serious discussion about the future of this site.

Man, fuck facebook and twitter.. But it seems the world is forcing you to use those to be noticed.

I think we do.. i dont know for sure though. Cause, i dont give enough shits to check.

Someone who uses those things. check it.
    Last edited by Oxymoron; February 3rd, 2018 at 06:13 PM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Well if we don't I'll make it happen. But I need to know.

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

well i got bored enough to sign into my facebook to see that i had birthday wishes from people who dont even care about me. Facebook makes them think they should care about me when i dont care about you.. and dont even care if you say anything on my birthday.. actually its insulting that it takes facebook to remind you that its my birthday for you to say anything to me.. bitches.. anyway..

https://www.facebook.com/RapBattlesDotCom/
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

I need the password and log in details.

Battle Record
    32-6

I suggest a new banner and logo. The current one is stale. We need something new and unique to attract interest. Also need more color schemes. We are turning away potential members because we aren't presenting ourselves accordingly.

Young Simba
    Battle Record
    106-57
    Awards 100+ Wins LLL Season Champion 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by B Dot LESNAR View Post
    If you go through the Lethal Lyricist League and Front Lines archives you will see hundreds upon hundreds of past battles, shit maybe combined even in the thousands. Names will pop out at you, some recognizable, others strangers who were only here for a fleeting moment. Every single one of those battlers were important whether they were noobs or vets, wack or dope, practiced or unskilled. They were important because they made this site come alive with excitement. They each played an integral role in bringing this site to the forefront of the text scene. But they won't only be remembered for their contributions. They will be remembered for their lack of contributions. What happened to the people who made this place run like clockwork?

They're gone. They've moved on. Grown into adults. Got married. Had kids. Lost interest. Text battling was a hobby to them and like most hobbies it is easy to get bored and disenchanted. So they dabbled in other ventures and left the scene. Yes, some of those people are still around, guys that we're familiar with, textcees that lurk around the site and just bullshit with the regulars every now and then. We call these guys vets and so-called legends but do they deserve that kind of respect? People like @Joe Boston and @KnowP are vets to me. They are legendary. Why? Because they have years of experience and never got complacent. Forget their win/loss totals and medals/accomplishments. Think about what they have actually contributed to this site. Years of ongoing dedication despite how many successes and failures they've endured. When you need somebody to count on, look to them. They're reliable. They're committed. They're everything this site could ask for. Their activity is invaluable. Then you have the other people. The "figureheads" of the text scene. People like @Barcotic and @Letterman . They get respect and admiration because of their personal achievements, but do they deserve it? No. They don't. What exactly have they achieved? They stick around for a few minutes, no show some battles, then leave. I'll tell you what they've achieved. They are responsible for this site going to shit. Unlike @KnowP and @Joe Boston , you ask these guys to do something that could reflect positively on the site and they fucking scatter like cockroaches. They have absolutely no fucking desire to contribute.

When I started the PBX Battle League I did it as a way to promote activity. When I ask @plethora @Lenny @Clout @Kill Spree @Fresh @Bom Bard @Ronin @Smog , and others to sign up, it's because I have a trust, probably misguided, sure, but I have to believe these guys will step up because that's what trustworthy people do when called on. We can't rely on placing our faith in uninterested vets or bringing people from Netcees over to help rehabilitate this site. This is on us. We are what remains of perhaps the best text battling site on the internet, one with a storied history that rivals any other I have ever been to. Keep in mind I have been at this for almost 2 and a half decades. Do you want all of this to go to waste? The prestige? The rich history that accompanies the site? We could lose all of it. We ARE losing all of it. I love this site. I have a place here. The members here are good people. I don't want to text battle over at Netcees. I'd rather be here with you guys. We need to band together despite any differences we might have and strive to get this place looking respectable again. You need me? @Ronin you need me for the Alias tourney? Count me in. @Fresh you want me to sign in to 1-2 and help revamp it by assisting with the mod duties? Count me in. @KnowP you need somebody to vote on Front Lines battles? Count me in.

I'm willing to do my part. If you guys aren't willing to do yours, then shut this site down, go to Netcees where you're looked downed upon as trash, and make friends with people who have no respect for you whatsoever. I'm sure they care as much about the lineage of talent this site has produced as you do and would have no problem helping you to shit on it.
    Lol bro I was battling on RB consistently for 4-5 years, always showed up whether I was actually prepared or not. I lost the passion for this a long time ago, and at times I try to get it back but I haven’t yet. I have to force myself to come up with bars at the last minute a lot of times. So what you’re judging me off is the past year or two where I haven’t showed up 100%. You forgot about the 4-5 years before that. I was here before the site died, when it moved over to RIA and I den came back for the rebuild. Text isn’t the same anymore tho.

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

Like someone mentioned earlier.. people moved off of forums & onto other social media platforms - twitter, fb, snapchat. People go there when theyre bored rather then here. Text battling was booming after the release 8 mile. It has since died down. People went through a phase of wanting to battle & then grew out of it. not so much the staffs fault as it is the times.

Make this a hip hop site. Youre not gonna get much activity from text battlers.. if thats what your into then do your thing but people arent gonna come flooding in here so they can text battle.

And what happened to the hip hop talk section that was under the lounge. Where we would talk w.e was going on in the culture. Im just a hip hop fan anymore

- - - Updated - - -

Whats it worth @ILLunatic ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by B Dot LESNAR View Post
    I suggest a new banner and logo. The current one is stale. We need something new and unique to attract interest. Also need more color schemes. We are turning away potential members because we aren't presenting ourselves accordingly.
    This..

Battle Record
    32-6

Quote Originally Posted by Letterman View Post
    Lol bro I was battling on RB consistently for 4-5 years, always showed up whether I was actually prepared or not. I lost the passion for this a long time ago, and at times I try to get it back but I haven’t yet. I have to force myself to come up with bars at the last minute a lot of times. So what you’re judging me off is the past year or two where I haven’t showed up 100%. You forgot about the 4-5 years before that. I was here before the site died, when it moved over to RIA and I den came back for the rebuild. Text isn’t the same anymore tho.
    I have no doubt you were involved 4-5 years ago, but when you lost that passion, you took a piece of the site with you. The lazy verses. No shows. Lack of voting. All of it negatively impacted the site. I've been at this for nearly 25 years so I know what it's like to get burnt out and disinterested, or just too consumed with my personal life as an adult with too many responsibilities. When that happens, I step away for a while and that absence inadvertently impacts the site because its one less person participating. But when I come back? When life's stable and I get the passion to write again, I go in. I try my best to help wherever I can. At some point this year I'm going to go on hiatus, and when I do I want a site to come back to, so I contribute as best I can while I'm here in the hopes what I leave behind will continue on.
    Last edited by Wuxia; February 3rd, 2018 at 11:07 PM

Battle Record
    5-0

Netcees is the last active site

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by 3viction
    I would have got Zunto too but he wouldn’t have even cared lmfao plus I ended his career anyway
    RIP TO MY CAREER

Codealt

its not that people moved off to other social media anymore, fb used to be popping and even that is dying off, its just the new battlers would rather battle for real, all online battlng as a whole is a thing of the past, atleast the activity we got back in the day, that will never happen again.

Battle Record
    32-6

I know it can be better but I'm learning. I'll do one for RB when we get the new logo.

Real name. No gimmicks. Mike G.'s Avatar
    Battle Record
    22-14
    Awards GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics..

I came across this site called battle cam or some shit awhile back.. and they had it on there so 2 people would be cammed up and they would just bust on eachother and say the most disrespectful shit. They werent rapping it was just insults. And everyone watching live would vote up or down and the person with less votes would be kicked off within minutes and the next person in line would instantly cam in and try to dethrone whoever was up there. And it would cycle like that on & on all day it seemed like. It was halarious.

I always itd be cool as shit to integrate something like for online battling. I think it would definitely take off.

Battle Record
    56-25
    Awards LLL Season Champion - LLL Season Champion Cypher Winner FL Champion

It's all live now tbh

Battle Record
    124-23
    Awards 100+ Wins OM HOF SOTW

Quote Originally Posted by Mike G.

Whats it worth @ILLunatic ?
    It’s not even a matter of what it’s worth, the asking price is up there. I’m not sure exactly what he has in place as far as monetary analytics but he’s not motivated to sell unless the price is flattering enough.

Add & Follow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ·

Battle Record
    32-6

Can we use a new logo for the site?