User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 134

Thread: We need to have a serious discussion about the future of this site.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

We need to have a serious discussion about the future of this site.

If you go through the Lethal Lyricist League and Front Lines archives you will see hundreds upon hundreds of past battles, shit maybe combined even in the thousands. Names will pop out at you, some recognizable, others strangers who were only here for a fleeting moment. Every single one of those battlers were important whether they were noobs or vets, wack or dope, practiced or unskilled. They were important because they made this site come alive with excitement. They each played an integral role in bringing this site to the forefront of the text scene. But they won't only be remembered for their contributions. They will be remembered for their lack of contributions. What happened to the people who made this place run like clockwork?

They're gone. They've moved on. Grown into adults. Got married. Had kids. Lost interest. Text battling was a hobby to them and like most hobbies it is easy to get bored and disenchanted. So they dabbled in other ventures and left the scene. Yes, some of those people are still around, guys that we're familiar with, textcees that lurk around the site and just bullshit with the regulars every now and then. We call these guys vets and so-called legends but do they deserve that kind of respect? People like @Joe Boston and @KnowP are vets to me. They are legendary. Why? Because they have years of experience and never got complacent. Forget their win/loss totals and medals/accomplishments. Think about what they have actually contributed to this site. Years of ongoing dedication despite how many successes and failures they've endured. When you need somebody to count on, look to them. They're reliable. They're committed. They're everything this site could ask for. Their activity is invaluable. Then you have the other people. The "figureheads" of the text scene. People like @Barcotic and @Letterman . They get respect and admiration because of their personal achievements, but do they deserve it? No. They don't. What exactly have they achieved? They stick around for a few minutes, no show some battles, then leave. I'll tell you what they've achieved. They are responsible for this site going to shit. Unlike @KnowP and @Joe Boston , you ask these guys to do something that could reflect positively on the site and they fucking scatter like cockroaches. They have absolutely no fucking desire to contribute.

When I started the PBX Battle League I did it as a way to promote activity. When I ask @plethora @Lenny @Clout @Kill Spree @Fresh @Bom Bard @Ronin @Smog , and others to sign up, it's because I have a trust, probably misguided, sure, but I have to believe these guys will step up because that's what trustworthy people do when called on. We can't rely on placing our faith in uninterested vets or bringing people from Netcees over to help rehabilitate this site. This is on us. We are what remains of perhaps the best text battling site on the internet, one with a storied history that rivals any other I have ever been to. Keep in mind I have been at this for almost 2 and a half decades. Do you want all of this to go to waste? The prestige? The rich history that accompanies the site? We could lose all of it. We ARE losing all of it. I love this site. I have a place here. The members here are good people. I don't want to text battle over at Netcees. I'd rather be here with you guys. We need to band together despite any differences we might have and strive to get this place looking respectable again. You need me? @Ronin you need me for the Alias tourney? Count me in. @Fresh you want me to sign in to 1-2 and help revamp it by assisting with the mod duties? Count me in. @KnowP you need somebody to vote on Front Lines battles? Count me in.

I'm willing to do my part. If you guys aren't willing to do yours, then shut this site down, go to Netcees where you're looked downed upon as trash, and make friends with people who have no respect for you whatsoever. I'm sure they care as much about the lineage of talent this site has produced as you do and would have no problem helping you to shit on it.

Battle Record
    22-3

Re: We need to have a serious discussion about the future of this site.

Valid pts, we need to start recuiting ppl from other dead places.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    128-135
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins FL Champion VBL Champion

I get your point but socalled bullshit with other sites and such sites as Netcees is killing text battling as a whole. If we could partner that would be dope im willing to do a big league between sites. Its not about incentives and shit like that its about fun but since i enjoy this i want people to come back i want them to feel that a little token makes them appreciated as text battlers. We just need to put the bullshit aside as grown ass men. I wil help out as much as i can.
    [url]https:

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

This entire thing is on point. I'm with the movement if you can't tell already. Word to @ILLunatic too. When there was no life a year ago, he helped me figure out how to get Smoka back to try to revive this site to what it is now. Gotta look outside the norm and market RB to get it popping like it has the potential to. Spot on post fam. I'm Wit it, let's get it!! And thanks for mentions.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Admins must do their part.

IMO - they are to blame for the sites state at the moment.
    @Ronin and I did was we could with NO HELP from them. ILL helped out when he could but he's busy with life. And I get being busy with life but then promote those who are actively involved to keep things moving.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if history speaks one thing, any site GOW's admin'd at has gone to shit.

And that's a fact. Nothing against GOW as I like dude but his track record isn't good when placed in the Admin ROLE.

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Admins must do their part.

IMO - they are to blame for the sites state at the moment.
    @Ronin and I did was we could with NO HELP from them. ILL helped out when he could but he's busy with life. And I get being busy with life but then promote those who are actively involved to keep things moving.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if history speaks one thing, any site GOW's admin'd at has gone to shit.

And that's a fact. Nothing against GOW as I like dude but his track record isn't good when placed in the Admin ROLE.
    It kills motivation to even do anything when they can’t help either

Stranger

you can combine every site and make one big battle site, but I'm afraid activity would still be a problem, this is pretty much all thats left and we are the dying breed, and the only thing stopping a complete merger is ego's.

you can't single out this site, as a dead site, when the whole scene is dead as a whole, forums are a thing of the past, and rap battling online as a whole is.

RB is already the central hub for all of battling, we have everyone from every site in history "registered".

also multiple threads complaining about how shits dead and talking about other sites in every thread, doesn't do no good either.
    Last edited by Stranger; February 2nd, 2018 at 08:38 AM

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    128-135
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins FL Champion VBL Champion

Dont blame people for the shit in past regarding the site. If we all enjoy what this site offers then we all gotta work together.
    [url]https:

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

This thread isn't about the blame game. It's about preservation and what needs to happen to reach that goal. What can y'all do to help? If you can contribute by complaining and blaming then GTFO

Stranger

people think it's all up on the admins to do shit, and it aint.

you can promote just as much as admins can.

hate to be a negative nancy, but what really is needed is a new platform.

like I said we have everyone already registered here, so a merge with other sites would be pointless when there members are already here, we just got to get them active.

- - - Updated - - -

also you need to stop focusing on getting members to come over from other sites, you have die hard loyals of sites that wouldn't go on any other sites, we need fresh blood.

- - - Updated - - -

old heads eventually get tired of this and stop being active.

- - - Updated - - -

we just need to get folks active, I'm sure everyone in the online rap battle scene already knows about us.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Advertising is key,

Battle Record
    277-128

Agreed. Let's send email blasts of what we're doing and reach out to the ones here and abroad. I've already been spanking like crazy to get us out. Maybe admin can call on the ones already here.

Stranger

I sent a few out the problem is we have thousands of members and with crappy host your limited to how many emails you can send out daily. usually when I done that we got a few old heads coming back to brag about their registration date then leave lol.

I set up a retargeting list for RB, I'm willing to run some fb ads soon.
    Last edited by Stranger; February 2nd, 2018 at 09:04 AM

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

I blame dagel

Battle Record
    277-128

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    I sent a few out the problem is we have thousands of members and with crappy host your limited to how many emails you can send out daily. usually when I done that we got a few old heads coming back to brag about their registration date then leave lol.

I set up a retargeting list for RB, I'm willing to run some fb ads soon.
    @Joe Boston this is where your financial efforts would be best used bruh. The future.