User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: HOMEPAGE

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Exclamation HOMEPAGE

Fucking sucks...

Take it down, if its not going to be managed and updated.

Plus - the fuck is good with RAPPBATTLESdotCOM being laggy as fuck as of late?

Stranger

Re: HOMEPAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Fucking sucks...

Take it down, if its not going to be managed and updated.

Plus - the fuck is good with RAPPBATTLESdotCOM being laggy as fuck as of late?
    its going fast over here, all the plugins are gone, and I want that frontpage gone now to. have to talk to @Illunatic about that.

working on making it go faster, killing the front page would speed up some to.

Battle Record
    5-0

Been saying destroy that homepage forever now. But that’s illunatics heart and soul so he’ll say no

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Fuck his heart and soul.

Give the people what they want. Homepage is wack. No one manages the shit and updates current information. It looks extremely tacky because it isn't updated. And I'm sure it definitely slows the site down.

Codealt

zunto is wrong, homepage is no more soon.

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

www.rapbattles.com/forum

ive hardly ever gone to the homepage and i doubt i ever will. the forum is where the excitement is... Its how ive known the site and its how i will forever know the site. Although i did at one stage try to draw a badass homepage. It was only an image but it would have been badass graff if i had enough inspiration to continue with what i was doing.

Lack of communication and people not wanting what i wanted stopped me from caring.
    Last edited by Oxymoron; December 18th, 2017 at 01:07 PM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Codealt

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
    www.rapbattles.com/forum

ive hardly ever gone to the homepage and i doubt i ever will. the forum is where the excitement is... Its how ive known the site and its how i will forever know the site. Although i did at one stage try to draw a badass homepage. It was only an image but it would have been badass graff if i had enough inspiration to continue with what i was doing.

Lack of communication and people not wanting what i wanted stopped me from caring.
    same but no excitement is happening on the forums either.

Battle Record
    115-57
    Awards VBL Champion 100+ Wins

Havent purposely visited the homepage or used the url in like 10 years prolly lol.

Codealt

Quote Originally Posted by Meks. View Post
    Havent purposely visited the homepage or used the url in like 10 years prolly lol.
    same, but that homepage hasn't been up for 10 years, it's gone now tho.

:: Crazy Fresh :: Elvis Freshley's Avatar
    Battle Record
    11-7

If the homepage is set up right it shouldn't do much, if anything to the speed. It should use HTML/CSS minifyers just like everything else on the site.

But I agree, no use in having something that isn't current. If "new" people are coming here, and go to the homepage first, they might not go any further if they think it's abandoned.

I just tried to go to the homepage and it redirected to the forum immediately, maybe it's already gone.

Would be interesting to see the google analytics of the homepage, if it was set-up.

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Freshley View Post
    If the homepage is set up right it shouldn't do much, if anything to the speed. It should use HTML/CSS minifyers just like everything else on the site.

But I agree, no use in having something that isn't current. If "new" people are coming here, and go to the homepage first, they might not go any further if they think it's abandoned.

I just tried to go to the homepage and it redirected to the forum immediately, maybe it's already gone.

Would be interesting to see the google analytics of the homepage, if it was set-up.
    it uses more than html/css.

and it was slow, i'm sure everyone can notice how faster rb has become since it was taking down.

when you have a bunch of plugins on wordpress, slows shit down to.
    Last edited by Stranger; December 19th, 2017 at 01:51 PM

Battle Record
    11-7

Ah it was through wordpress. None the less it wasn't enough content that is should have been so slow, I'm guessing it was still wrong. And tbh everything is html or a variation of it.

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Freshley View Post
    Ah it was through wordpress. None the less it wasn't enough content that is should have been so slow, I'm guessing it was still wrong. And tbh everything is html or a variation of it.
    only the client side, the server side of it will slow shit down, content don't really matter, depends on whats on the back end and your host my dude, doesn't help that RB has a lot of bots hitting it to. I always tell people only use the plugins you need, and don't install a gang of shit that you don't even need lol.

Battle Record
    11-7

Definitely. Wordpress isn't exactly my forte, but the limited experience I have with issues around it is people not cleaning up old/outdated/defunct plugins and shit and just "deactivating" them instead. Plus yeah whoever your host is plays a roll, some of them depending on your package won't do anything with SQL or the likes.

Seems to be running smoother now than it was before so good shit.

Battle Record
    5-0