HOMEPAGE

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: HOMEPAGE

  1. #1
    Obnoxious Amen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Astoria, NY
    Posts
    20,915
    Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF
    Accomplishment
    FL Champion
    FL HOF Battle
    FL Cypher

    Exclamation HOMEPAGE

    Fucking sucks...

    Take it down, if its not going to be managed and updated.

    Plus - the fuck is good with RAPPBATTLESdotCOM being laggy as fuck as of late?

  2. #2
    You've Earned a Custom Title! Dia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,712
    Streak
    4
    Battle Record
    15-8

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Fucking sucks...

    Take it down, if its not going to be managed and updated.

    Plus - the fuck is good with RAPPBATTLESdotCOM being laggy as fuck as of late?
    its going fast over here, all the plugins are gone, and I want that frontpage gone now to. have to talk to @Illunatic about that.

    working on making it go faster, killing the front page would speed up some to.

  3. #3

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    Been saying destroy that homepage forever now. But that’s illunatics heart and soul so he’ll say no

  4. #4
    Obnoxious Amen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Astoria, NY
    Posts
    20,915
    Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF
    Accomplishment
    FL Champion
    FL HOF Battle
    FL Cypher

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    Fuck his heart and soul.

    Give the people what they want. Homepage is wack. No one manages the shit and updates current information. It looks extremely tacky because it isn't updated. And I'm sure it definitely slows the site down.

  5. #5
    Administrator Codealt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    229
    Battle Record
    100-1
    New Accomplishments
    motherfucking goat

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    zunto is wrong, homepage is no more soon.

  6. #6
    Cunnilingus Oxymoron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Age
    28
    Posts
    19,053
    Battle Record
    57-8
    Blog Entries
    2
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW
    Accomplishment
    SOTW

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    www.rapbattles.com/forum

    ive hardly ever gone to the homepage and i doubt i ever will. the forum is where the excitement is... Its how ive known the site and its how i will forever know the site. Although i did at one stage try to draw a badass homepage. It was only an image but it would have been badass graff if i had enough inspiration to continue with what i was doing.

    Lack of communication and people not wanting what i wanted stopped me from caring.
    Last edited by Oxymoron; December 18th, 2017 at 02:07 PM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth
    You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

    \i/KTA

  7. #7
    Administrator Codealt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    229
    Battle Record
    100-1
    New Accomplishments
    motherfucking goat

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
    www.rapbattles.com/forum

    ive hardly ever gone to the homepage and i doubt i ever will. the forum is where the excitement is... Its how ive known the site and its how i will forever know the site. Although i did at one stage try to draw a badass homepage. It was only an image but it would have been badass graff if i had enough inspiration to continue with what i was doing.

    Lack of communication and people not wanting what i wanted stopped me from caring.
    same but no excitement is happening on the forums either.

  8. #8
    and fuck you too Meks.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    South Jersey / KL, Malaysia
    Age
    32
    Posts
    10,080
    Battle Record
    115-57
    Awards VBL Champion 100+ Wins
    Accomplishment
    FL Champion

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    Havent purposely visited the homepage or used the url in like 10 years prolly lol.

  9. #9
    Administrator Codealt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    229
    Battle Record
    100-1
    New Accomplishments
    motherfucking goat

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    Quote Originally Posted by Meks. View Post
    Havent purposely visited the homepage or used the url in like 10 years prolly lol.
    same, but that homepage hasn't been up for 10 years, it's gone now tho.

  10. #10
    :: Crazy Fresh :: Elvis Freshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,946
    Battle Record
    11-7

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    If the homepage is set up right it shouldn't do much, if anything to the speed. It should use HTML/CSS minifyers just like everything else on the site.

    But I agree, no use in having something that isn't current. If "new" people are coming here, and go to the homepage first, they might not go any further if they think it's abandoned.

    I just tried to go to the homepage and it redirected to the forum immediately, maybe it's already gone.

    Would be interesting to see the google analytics of the homepage, if it was set-up.

  11. #11
    You've Earned a Custom Title! Dia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,712
    Streak
    4
    Battle Record
    15-8

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Freshley View Post
    If the homepage is set up right it shouldn't do much, if anything to the speed. It should use HTML/CSS minifyers just like everything else on the site.

    But I agree, no use in having something that isn't current. If "new" people are coming here, and go to the homepage first, they might not go any further if they think it's abandoned.

    I just tried to go to the homepage and it redirected to the forum immediately, maybe it's already gone.

    Would be interesting to see the google analytics of the homepage, if it was set-up.
    it uses more than html/css.

    and it was slow, i'm sure everyone can notice how faster rb has become since it was taking down.

    when you have a bunch of plugins on wordpress, slows shit down to.
    Last edited by Dia; December 19th, 2017 at 02:51 PM

  12. #12
    :: Crazy Fresh :: Elvis Freshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,946
    Battle Record
    11-7

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    Ah it was through wordpress. None the less it wasn't enough content that is should have been so slow, I'm guessing it was still wrong. And tbh everything is html or a variation of it.

  13. #13
    You've Earned a Custom Title! Dia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,712
    Streak
    4
    Battle Record
    15-8

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Freshley View Post
    Ah it was through wordpress. None the less it wasn't enough content that is should have been so slow, I'm guessing it was still wrong. And tbh everything is html or a variation of it.
    only the client side, the server side of it will slow shit down, content don't really matter, depends on whats on the back end and your host my dude, doesn't help that RB has a lot of bots hitting it to. I always tell people only use the plugins you need, and don't install a gang of shit that you don't even need lol.

  14. #14
    :: Crazy Fresh :: Elvis Freshley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,946
    Battle Record
    11-7

    Re: HOMEPAGE

    Definitely. Wordpress isn't exactly my forte, but the limited experience I have with issues around it is people not cleaning up old/outdated/defunct plugins and shit and just "deactivating" them instead. Plus yeah whoever your host is plays a roll, some of them depending on your package won't do anything with SQL or the likes.

    Seems to be running smoother now than it was before so good shit.

  15. #15

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •