Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4
Showing results 46 to 56 of 56

Thread: Hate Christmas Shopping

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Re: Hate Christmas Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis Freshley View Post
    I live on the outskirts of town. I grew up in a big city, loved it. I also love where I'm at now, as far as my house.

Like I said, my goal is to bring that age of retirement as low as possible. I'm trying to retire in my 40's. So I'm fine working in a place that's geographically less desirable knowing I'll have 30+ years to go and do whatever I want, whenever I want.
    Fair enough, good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Clearly, you are the one struggling to comprehend what you are reading.

1. Who the fuck is asking you to change FOR ME?
    2. Ok, you are content with what you do for a living - so who are you to say there are no jobs out there IF YOU AREN'T EVEN LOOKING?

I'm done with you.
    Sigh, you meaning everyone. Its a very general term to me.

and i already said, but ive been looking and denied for too many years, so yeah, i have a gripe with the jobs i wanted. their industries are strange because they are saturated. Too many people, not enough jobs? need experience to get experience, but cant get experience when nobody will give you a chance. city of 150,000. Ive had more success with freelance. I guess i should ad that ive never even got to the interview process, my cv looks nice. I think it was my cover letters, apparently they mean something, and i never used to make one.

It seems like the only way a position opens is with death. Otherwise its a lifetime sentence.

Its really seems like an industry where you have to know someone to get a foot in, or youre shit out of luck.
    Last edited by Oxymoron; December 19th, 2017 at 11:40 AM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

I know you are but what am I ass faggot. Shut the entire fuck up, bum. I know how to read and from skimming through your worthless post crying about jobs being hard to find, I got bored easily because your cries are bullshit. Point of the matter is, jobs aren't hard to find at all. It's those looking who make it hard. Jobs are out there. It's those people looking for a job that are the ones not willing to fucking get their hands dirty and work.

Facts.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, maybe you are just terrible at interviewing. A great interviewee speaks volumes. Maybe you need to work on selling yourself in a more efficient and constructive way. Now and days employers are searching for that "Best candidate" - you wouldn't believe how powerful and interview can be.

Your demeanor is very important. Your choice of words used during responses is also important. Personal appearance. All of this plays a role. Your resume is just a piece of paper acknowledging your "experiences" - it's up to you to sell yourself as GODLY. YOur resume isn;t ALWAYS going to get you hired. YOU ARE.

Remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
    Fair enough, good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Sigh, you meaning everyone. Its a very general term to me.

and i already said, but ive been looking and denied for too many years, so yeah, i have a gripe with the jobs i wanted. their industries are strange because they are saturated. Too many people, not enough jobs? need experience to get experience, but cant get experience when nobody will give you a chance. city of 150,000. Ive had more success with freelance. I guess i should ad that ive never even got to the interview process, my cv looks nice. I think it was my cover letters, apparently they mean something, and i never used to make one.

It seems like the only way a position opens is with death. Otherwise its a lifetime sentence.

Its really seems like an industry where you have to know someone to get a foot in, or youre shit out of luck.
    Refer to comment above regarding interviewing.

Maybe you need to work on your interviewing skills. You have to give the interviewer the sense of feeling hiring you for a better future rather then feeling as if you aren't qualified and/or boring.

There are books and a lot of literature on interviewing. Try looking in to it, I mean It cant hurt right?

Battle Record
    57-8

Refer to comment above regarding interviewing.

Maybe you need to work on your interviewing skills. You have to give the interviewer the sense of feeling hiring you for a better future rather then feeling as if you aren't qualified and/or boring.

There are books and a lot of literature on interviewing. Try looking in to it, I mean It cant hurt right?
    Probably. I do understand. but, have you seem me. I dont cut my hair. its long. Long enough that it reaches past my nipples. So i tie it up for an interview. Unshaven beard, all that will grow is the hippie beard and mo combo. I do pluck my like 10 stray cheek hairs though.. I place on nice clothes. shirt and jeans. Wear my glasses too, cause it makes me look smarter.... Im all about being natural. you are who you are, dont change it for anyone.

But yeah, I guess people arent looking for natural thought, they want you to manipulate them into thinking you are better than you are. All i feel when i get to that stage is lie lie lie. life is one big lie to me. and it shouldnt be like that. I guess im too honest. I feel thats a good trait, but apparently its not.
    Last edited by Oxymoron; December 19th, 2017 at 12:05 PM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

In life you must make sacrifices to reach the next level.

And if cutting your hair isn't a sacrifice you are willing to make, then that is your decision. Don't expect to reach the next level.

You know?

Battle Record
    57-8

I understand. life is a lie. got ya.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
    Probably. I do understand. but, have you seem me. I dont cut my hair. its long. Long enough that it reaches past my nipples. So i tie it up for an interview. Unshaven beard, all that will grow is the hippie beard and mo combo. I do pluck my like 10 stray cheek hairs though.. I place on nice clothes. shirt and jeans. Wear my glasses too, cause it makes me look smarter.... Im all about being natural. you are who you are, dont change it for anyone.

But yeah, I guess people arent looking for natural thought, they want you to manipulate them into thinking you are better than you are. All i feel when i get to that stage is lie lie lie. life is one big lie to me. and it shouldnt be like that. I guess im too honest. I feel thats a good trait, but apparently its not.

I'm here thinking you're down on your luck, but it doesn't really seem like you want to put an effort towards actually looking for a job, at least a good paying one. You gotta be able to sell yourself and also empathize with your potential employer as to what they're looking for. Yes, that may involve cover letters, recommendations, maybe cutting your hair, wearing a suit, general hygiene, etc etc... even writing several different resumes, because you actually gotta do stuff to make that happen. If you're content with how your life is now? Good. Don't change a thing. Otherwise, prepare for the worst and hope for the best as they say.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Codealt

don't know where you live oxymoron but there's jobs everywhere, if you can't get a job you're to lazy to go out and look for one, even a felon can get a job now so I don't know what your issue is, I can also think of about a thousand ways to make money online to lol.

Battle Record
    57-8

Im guessing I don't care enough about money. I just want to live.

Quote Originally Posted by ...Celph Taut View Post
    I'm here thinking you're down on your luck, but it doesn't really seem like you want to put an effort towards actually looking for a job, at least a good paying one. You gotta be able to sell yourself and also empathize with your potential employer as to what they're looking for. Yes, that may involve cover letters, recommendations, maybe cutting your hair, wearing a suit, general hygiene, etc etc... even writing several different resumes, because you actually gotta do stuff to make that happen. If you're content with how your life is now? Good. Don't change a thing. Otherwise, prepare for the worst and hope for the best as they say.
    Indeed. Optimistic pessimism.

But ehhh, I am who I am. Wouldn't change it for the world. Cant think of a reason to want to.

And yeah, I am content. I exist. I actually love my job and the people I work with. Its a fantastic feeling. Well not all the time. But more ups than down most of the time.
    Last edited by Oxymoron; December 20th, 2017 at 12:25 AM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    57-8

Im actually curious, define good paying job?

Cause well im minimum wage at the moment, which is, ehh i dont give enough fucks to check. Wait.. google will know for me... $15.75 nzd.. I dont get a pay slip or log hours.. yup my jobs situation is ethnically wrong.. But i get paid to make legal graffiti and play with stickers... thats a dream for me... i need the experience.

You guys dont know how many company's ive gone to asking to just observe and learn for no pay.. Nup, no luck, fuck you we dont have time for that... so yeah im sour in this aspect. who wouldnt be.. If you want to know specifics, its 30+ which is basically all of them in my city. Signwriters, print companies and graphic design companies. multiple times. Ive done it in real life too. So i actually visited these people and asked. Guess i didnt ask desperate enough. But that makes you seem like a desperate dumbass. so why do that and compromise your image... But thats probably my mind playing into what i dont think people want. and i feel its the truth. Im not going to grovel with you to take me. You'll take me if you want to. not because i want you to... I actually got told by one lady, we dont want you because you have a degree, youre going to leave us as soon as a better offer comes up.. which is true, but i just want a job. bitch.. cmon..

the funny thing is, they dont seem to give a fuck about you unless you do it online. I put in the effort and get kicked to the curb.. yay.

Its who you know, not what you know. Also the timing is an important aspect. You cant make it seem as easy as abc 123. Cause that's not my experience.

The only job i can snatch up without trying is a road worker or micky deez or some shit... sure. but nah, thats not me.. and its never going to be me...
    Last edited by Oxymoron; December 20th, 2017 at 02:34 AM
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

The mind without a brain
    \i/

:: Crazy Fresh :: Elvis Freshley's Avatar
    Battle Record
    11-7

You've said a few times you're happy with where you're at, imo you don't need to do any more explaining than that.

But it looks like ego is what's getting in your way with your other efforts. You shouldn't need to change your morals/ethics/etc but I don't think it's too much to ask that you put on some dress slacks, a button down with a tie, and cut/groom your hair. You're asking a company to take a risk on you. You're asking them to pay you thousands of dollars, train you, and put the success of their business in your hands. But it seems like you want them to take all the risk while you remain completely stationary refusing to budge on even the most minuscule details. That's not how a business transaction works, in my experience.

- - - Updated - - -

"Good paying job" really varies by location and what field you're in (and your talents within that field).

Me personally I wouldn't take a job that pays less than $90,000 a year with other incentives. But that's based upon my field and my experience within that field. A few of my good friends are graphic design artists and they're never going to top $50,000 in my area, which is very good pay for their field. You head 4 hours east from me, to where I grew up, and I'm not taking less than $110,000 and the GDs can get up to $70,000.

Lot of factors with "good pay"

Battle Record
    57-8

right, i havebt worked enough to have thoughts of xxxxx per year.

I know i have, but ive received multiple comments of blah blah blah, job, not happy, then, blah blah. thought it was necessary to state i am actually happy, even though it may not sound like it.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

The mind without a brain
    \i/