User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Showing results 76 to 90 of 110

Thread: How Many People Here Actually Watch Battle Rap?........

Battle Record
    0-2

Re: How Many People Here Actually Watch Battle Rap?........

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    Lol @ retiring from battle rap.

When niggas would text those comments, we all took it as a joke - now it is a real thing.

This can't be life.

- - - Updated - - -

It's funny but he's right.

Often people who lack experience on the mic and/or knowledge about the mic tend to forget the difference between syllables and rhyme schemes/patterns. They often label multi rhyme schemes syllables like the majority of text heads.
    thats not what the convo was about in the first place though...

he was implying that the best way to write your rhymes is to sit down and measure syllables against the beat...and thats just absolute garbage... and counter-productive advice to give someone who is learning... once you're actually nice with it, you don't do shit but just write, period... you just hear yourself on it...and you don't other counting your fucking syllables...that's some forrest gump shit...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post

he was implying that the best way to write your rhymes is to sit down and measure syllables against the beat...and thats just absolute garbage... and counter-productive advice to give someone who is learning... once you're actually nice with it, you don't do shit but just write, period... you just hear yourself on it...and you don't other counting your fucking syllables...that's some forrest gump shit...
    Yea, that is stupid IMO as well but w/e floats his boat. Dia will always be Dia.

Ooo ooo ooo! I love battle rap. Sometimes I battle my friends when my aunts not home. Ofc we don’t use bad words but it’s still quite enjoyable.

Stranger

that's not what I was saying at all.

syllables are the most important thing in flow. ( and writing in general )

your on something if you say guys like eminem don't do that very fucking thing, he knows all the patterns and uses them as it calls for it, it's why things like iambic pentameters exist. ( what fast rappers use ) you really have to know the difference between an unstressed and a stressed syllable to.

and we aren't talking about rapping this point, we are talking about writing an actual verse.

I wasn't exactly saying to cut syllables / add but if it calls for it then yea, and it will call for it.

knowing these things will seperate you from the mumble rapper and the one that can actually spit about some some shit.
    Last edited by Stranger; December 12th, 2017 at 04:43 PM

Stranger

Man on stage: *picks up mic* ... yells "AYEEE!!!"

Dia in crowd: "DAS A SYWABBLE!!"
    technically that is a syllable bruh. ( would probably count as four depending on how long you sustain "ayeee" )

your god damn breath is a syllable, and treating it as a syllable leads to good breath control.

someone who's starting out needs to know how to count bars and syllables, a pro wouldn't need to do that because it would come naturally.

your more lyrical rappers will dive into every rhyme pattern/syllable pattern or w/e... eminem is literally setting down there counting how many syllables hes using per bar, and he's also trying out different patterns, same with everyone really.

it's nothing to debate about.
    Last edited by Stranger; December 12th, 2017 at 05:17 PM

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    technically that is a syllable bruh. ( would probably count as four depending on how long you sustain "ayeee" )

your god damn breath is a syllable, and treating it as a syllable leads to good breath control.

someone who's starting out needs to know how to count bars and syllables, a pro wouldn't need to do that because it would come naturally.

your more lyrical rappers will dive into every rhyme pattern/syllable pattern or w/e... eminem is literally setting down there counting how many syllables hes using per bar, and he's also trying out different patterns, same with everyone really.

it's nothing to debate about.
    Your making it sound like a science when it is not.

Eminem is definitely NOT counting his syllables. Its a style he's accustomed too. It's how he writes. He writes the same way - every verse just delivers them differently.

I don't have to write to a beat. I can write a verse and spit the same verse on several different beats. It's how you deliver your bars.

Battle Record
    5-0

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Ooo ooo ooo! I love battle rap. Sometimes I battle my friends when my aunts not home. Ofc we don’t use bad words but it’s still quite enjoyable.
    Stop it Lenox

Stranger

Your making it sound like a science when it is not.

Eminem is definitely NOT counting his syllables. Its a style he's accustomed too. It's how he writes. He writes the same way - every verse just delivers them differently.

I don't have to write to a beat. I can write a verse and spit the same verse on several different beats. It's how you deliver your bars.
    eminem is def counting syllables, and he's stressing those syllables on the beat.

listen to superman..

In a relationship save it b****, babysit? you make me sick
    Superman aint savin s***, girl you can jump on Shady's dick

thats why his flow gets faster in the second line there to match up the stressed syllables. his syllable counts match some what from bar to bar, there is no way he isn't counting.

you can break down that entire flow with the syllables I bolded. this man is a god damn lyrical genius and uses every trick in the book.
    Last edited by Stranger; December 12th, 2017 at 06:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Zunto View Post
    Stop it Lenox
    I’m assuming you’re mistaking me for someone you know. Buttttt (there’s always a but) I am not!

Lenox

Quote Originally Posted by Zunto View Post
    The better question here should be: how many people here actually battle?

Sick of people like @Meks. And @Letterman posting useless shit and not battling. Too much of that round yonder
    I don’t really see letterman post

- - - Updated - - -

Why is this nigga named peter Parker

The Beast...P4P Krucial Th1rt3en's Avatar
    Battle Record
    13-12

eminem is def counting syllables, and he's stressing those syllables on the beat.

listen to superman..

thats why his flow gets faster in the second line there to match up the stressed syllables. his syllable counts match some what from bar to bar, there is no way he isn't counting.

you can break down that entire flow with the syllables I bolded. this man is a god damn lyrical genius and uses every trick in the book.
    i dont think mfs is talkin bout the same shit as u bro

relationship
    save it bitch
    babysit?
    make me sick
    savin shit
    Shady's dick

thats 3 syllables each that rhyme

your talking about something else, your talking about syllables period, not in the rhyme scheme
    Krucial Thirteen

Battle Record
    51-15

listen to superman..

LOL, I"m not going to argue or debate with you.

Eminem does NOT count his syllables. I've already mentioned my thoughts on the matter prior so I will not repeat myself. And yes, he WAS a lyrical genius. Superman was decent at best - he has much better shit then Superman when it comes to lyrical content and mutli-schemes in his verses. 3 syllable AAAA rhyme scheme isn't hard to do by any means. His ABBA/ABBA schemes are much better.

Battle Record
    51-15

listen to superman..

Eminem does NOT count his syllables. I've already mentioned my thoughts on the matter prior so I will not repeat myself. And yes, he WAS a lyrical genius. Superman was decent at best - he has much better shit then Superman when it comes to lyrical content and multi-schemes in his verses. 3 syllable AAAA rhyme scheme isn't hard to do by any means. His ABBA/ABBA schemes are much better.
    Last edited by Amen; December 13th, 2017 at 09:31 AM

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Eminem does NOT count his syllables. I've already mentioned my thoughts on the matter prior so I will not repeat myself. And yes, he WAS a lyrical genius. Superman was decent at best - he has much better shit then Superman when it comes to lyrical content and multi-schemes in his verses. 3 syllable AAAA rhyme scheme isn't hard to do by any means. His ABBA/ABBA schemes are much better.
    Yo is the site loading slow for you?

Battle Record
    86-54
    Awards SAP Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted Key Tourney Champion Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion 75+ Wins FL Champion - Winning the FL Champion Battle.

Yo is the site loading slow for you?