User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 75 of 110

Thread: How Many People Here Actually Watch Battle Rap?........

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Re: How Many People Here Actually Watch Battle Rap?........

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    the fact that its necessary for you to 'pay attention to where your syllables land' says all thats needed to be known here...
    some noob ass shit...

picturing you right now sitting there writing shit with a ruler and a compass drawing circles and counting your syllables against beats on a texas instruments scientific calculator you got in 5th grade...

when you're NOT a noob, you don't need to do anything but just go with it... you can make almost anything you've written fit any beat... it just works... it comes out naturally...
    I agree with you. Too many syllables strung together, rigid adherence to multi's, that masks your natural ability to flow. Your syllables don't have to be aligned with the beat, your flow and delivery does.

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by B Dot LESNAR View Post
    I agree with you. Too many syllables strung together, rigid adherence to multi's, that masks your natural ability to flow. Your syllables don't have to be aligned with the beat, your flow and delivery does.
    your syllables is flow.

anything you do on that beat is a syllable, your breath is a syllable.

hes saying syllables don't matter, and organization doesn't matter, that will lead to problems and people cramming to many syllables into one bar, without realizing those syllables can be spread out through the whole beat, theres people that think a bar has to end when the bar in the beat ends, and that's not the case.

is nothing to really argue, it can easily be pointed out in a bar for bar breakdown.

it's true you will have to shave/add syllables if it calls for it, anyone who says different doesn't know what there talking about or is just trolling, you will notice this in every song if you really pay attention to it.

you can really write to any beat if you know how to organize your syllables. I can't just use my damn text battle bars on a beat. ( well maybe my shorter bars. ) lol.
    Last edited by Stranger; December 10th, 2017 at 03:00 AM

The Beast...P4P Krucial Th1rt3en's Avatar
    Battle Record
    13-12

Quote Originally Posted by Trvp Nvgga View Post
    Ayy who da fuk is dis nigga krucial thirteen bra on bloodz I’ll fuck dat cracka up bra
    what? who tf are u mf?
    @Zunto bro y u gettin mfs to talk crazy to me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trvp Nvgga View Post
    Ayy who da fuk is dis nigga krucial thirteen bra on bloodz I’ll fuck dat cracka up bra
    ill knock yo hoe ass out in rattin ass harlem. btw, subscribe to my channel, i got the alpo interview on there.
    Krucial Thirteen

Battle Record
    13-12

Do you have any idea when Diz/Roc will drop? If I were to take influence from anybody it would be Illmaculate. I'm big into punches, with personals, wordplay and smooth deliveries.

Illmaculate/Thesaurus is one of my favorite battles because of how personal it was.

When Illmaculate did the Chinese food scheme on Chilla it floored me because it was spot on Chilla.

For me a scheme just enhances the concept. I drop subtle hints in the setup then connect it into an overall theme.

However, it has to be subtle because if you try to do too much with the bar creatively it will become predictable.

- - - Updated - - -

don't hurt him!
    illmac's pen is crazy
    Krucial Thirteen

Battle Record
    57-8
    Awards Karaoke Champion 50+ Wins SOTW

Quote Originally Posted by Krucial Th1rt3en View Post
    syllables do matter if your a good rapper, 1 syllable rappers make me sick
    if thats what yall are talking about
    No, but you make me question the conversation. I thought it was about how your syllables fall on the beat, not the syllable count of said syllables that fall on said beat.

But one syllable raps are predictable. to be predictable is not to be desired. you want your audience to be in awe with where you take them. they thought. but you took them. and thats what creates amazing moments, for me at least. The surprise.
    MoistPuss'
    Smoother than smooth

You know. You know. Cause when you know, you know. You Know.

The mind without a brain
    \i/

Battle Record
    13-12

Quote Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
    No, but you make me question the conversation. I thought it was about how your syllables fall on the beat, not the syllable count of said syllables that fall on said beat.

But one syllable raps are predictable. to be predictable is not to be desired. you want your audience to be in awe with where you take them. they thought. but you took them. and thats what creates amazing moments, for me at least. The surprise.
    on rapper that usually amazes me is Twista. multy syllable and melodic

visualize in invisible eyes how I individualize
    critical cries of pitiful skies that rain pain upon the ghettoland where the unforgettable dies
    ---
    my people should be glad to survive in the land of the lost
    its plan of the bos leavin motherfuckers dyin with their grandmothers hand on the cross

(korrupt world) FIRE
    Krucial Thirteen

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    your syllables is flow.

anything you do on that beat is a syllable, your breath is a syllable.

hes saying syllables don't matter, and organization doesn't matter, that will lead to problems and people cramming to many syllables into one bar, without realizing those syllables can be spread out through the whole beat, theres people that think a bar has to end when the bar in the beat ends, and that's not the case.

is nothing to really argue, it can easily be pointed out in a bar for bar breakdown.

it's true you will have to shave/add syllables if it calls for it, anyone who says different doesn't know what there talking about or is just trolling, you will notice this in every song if you really pay attention to it.

you can really write to any beat if you know how to organize your syllables. I can't just use my damn text battle bars on a beat. ( well maybe my shorter bars. ) lol.
    People don't know the difference between syllables and rhyme schemes, lol.

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

Is Ars going to retire or not. He got a new battle up every month lol

Battle Record
    13-12

Quote Originally Posted by KnowP View Post
    arsonal last battle was Lux. he arguably won it too
    Krucial Thirteen

Stranger

Quote Originally Posted by KnowP View Post
    he was just retiring from king of the dot.

Battle Record
    13-12

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    he was just retiring from king of the dot.
    lol naw, he really retired.
    now, aye verb says he's retiring 2018
    Krucial Thirteen

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Krucial Th1rt3en View Post
    lol naw, he really retired.
    now, aye verb says he's retiring 2018
    i read roc/dizaster's lyrics to their battle earlier, haven't found a vid but it was kinda wack on both ends

Battle Record
    13-12

i read roc/dizaster's lyrics to their battle earlier, haven't found a vid but it was kinda wack on both ends
    yeah they didnt drop it on youtube yet, i seen it wen the ppv was happnin, my guys on twitter b streaming it.
    diz was tryna be too friendly. if he was his normal aggressive self, he would of been better,
    but it seemed like he was tryna do shit that he thought URL crowd would resonate with, but the URL crowd dont really fuck wit him since his Rex battle years ago
    Krucial Thirteen

Battle Record
    0-2

Quote Originally Posted by Amen View Post
    People don't know the difference between syllables and rhyme schemes, lol.
    Man on stage: *picks up mic* ... yells "AYEEE!!!"

Dia in crowd: "DAS A SYWABBLE!!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    51-15
    Awards LLL HOF Cypher Winner 50+ Wins - User has reached 50 wins or more. FL Champion FL HOF

Lol @ retiring from battle rap.

When niggas would text those comments, we all took it as a joke - now it is a real thing.

This can't be life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    Man on stage: *picks up mic* ... yells "AYEEE!!!"

Dia in crowd: "DAS A SYWABBLE!!"
    It's funny but he's right.

Often people who lack experience on the mic and/or knowledge about the mic tend to forget the difference between syllables and rhyme schemes/patterns. They often label multi rhyme schemes syllables like the majority of text heads.