User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: Joe Boston vs. VERITAS (VIDEO BATTLE)

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Joe Boston vs. VERITAS (VIDEO BATTLE)

2:00 minimum, 4:00 maximum
    match time limit of whoever posts first
    verses due Sunday, September 17
    12 am PST

Must vote on every battle on the card.

@Joe Boston @VERITAS

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    128-135
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion 100+ Wins FL Champion VBL Champion

Re: Joe Boston vs. VERITAS (VIDEO BATTLE)

@VERITAS let me know when your ready i have my verse all done.

Edit went 2:45 @VERITAS well add the shit talking
    Last edited by Joe Boston; September 5th, 2017 at 10:03 PM
    [url]https:

Go ahead and post it. I will reply.

Battle Record
    128-135

Ight guess ill do the honors lol

[url]https:

Battle Record
    115-57
    Awards VBL Champion 100+ Wins

This was over within Beritas verse reaching 2 minutes.

Joe
    .. that was one of your worst performances I've ever seen, the rust is real.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Okay so here is my review:

Joe, your problem is some of your content wasn't delivered as crisp as I prefer. You had the right idea going after his background, I just wish the bars would have hit harder and you would of put more emphasis on not only making them harsh, but delivering them with emotion and confidence. What you want is crowd reaction with every bar. Something to get their attention, and you have to say it with confidence that you KNOW it's a dope bar. People won't always react to it, but you have to give them a reason to pop. If you don't feel comfortable, they will recognize it and it will impact your performance.

Veritas, I thought you won this but I do have some criticism. You were far too relaxed. If you were in an open mic forum or a live battle, your presence would have come off as awkward and stiff in presentation. I was waiting for you to snap but you never did. To elaborate, when I say snap I mean deliver your punches with emphasis. What I heard were a ton of similes and roast jokes being read without any emotion, just straightforward banter as if you were casually joking the guy by reading off your screen. What I recommend is for you to build up your punches. Not just with multis or whatever, but with cockiness. Braggadocio. If you're going to clown the guy then entertain me while you're doing it. You said some funny stuff but I can't remember any of it because you didn't take the time to 1. build it up 2. give it time to set in 3. emphasize each punchline with emotion. You want your performance to be memorable, not just because of the content, but how you presented yourself.

Props to both.

v-Veritas

Battle Record
    6-7

V easy

Battle Record
    128-135

Quote Originally Posted by Greed View Post
    V easy
    Learn to vote properly u non boston native fruitcake
    [url]https:

Quote Originally Posted by B Dot LESNAR View Post
    Okay so here is my review:

Joe, your problem is some of your content wasn't delivered as crisp as I prefer. You had the right idea going after his background, I just wish the bars would have hit harder and you would of put more emphasis on not only making them harsh, but delivering them with emotion and confidence. What you want is crowd reaction with every bar. Something to get their attention, and you have to say it with confidence that you KNOW it's a dope bar. People won't always react to it, but you have to give them a reason to pop. If you don't feel comfortable, they will recognize it and it will impact your performance.

Veritas, I thought you won this but I do have some criticism. You were far too relaxed. If you were in an open mic forum or a live battle, your presence would have come off as awkward and stiff in presentation. I was waiting for you to snap but you never did. To elaborate, when I say snap I mean deliver your punches with emphasis. What I heard were a ton of similes and roast jokes being read without any emotion, just straightforward banter as if you were casually joking the guy by reading off your screen. What I recommend is for you to build up your punches. Not just with multis or whatever, but with cockiness. Braggadocio. If you're going to clown the guy then entertain me while you're doing it. You said some funny stuff but I can't remember any of it because you didn't take the time to 1. build it up 2. give it time to set in 3. emphasize each punchline with emotion. You want your performance to be memorable, not just because of the content, but how you presented yourself.

Props to both.

v-Veritas
    Can you teach me these mystical arts of charisma you speak of?

Battle Record
    32-6

Quote Originally Posted by VERITAS View Post
    Can you teach me these mystical arts of charisma you speak of?
    You develop it by going on stage in front of crowds and performing. By jumping in freestyle ciphers. By entertaining a party. You have to act as if you're not reading it, it doesn't matter that you are, just as long as you're giv i ng it personality. You don't seem like a reserved, laid back dude.

I don't really go to parties......i live in the woods. I am kind of a private person.
    Would you recommend me go8ng out and screaming insults at the trees sir?

Battle Record
    32-6

That doesn't mean anything, tbh. You have to pause to allow people to get the punch, you can do that by building up the bar, then when you deliver your punch, such as your similes for example, give it personality, make it feel as if you want your audience to react to it. Don't be so quick to go into your next joke or punchline. You strike me as a guy that can be intimidating but lighthearted at the same time. Blend that. Be aggressive, not Dizaster aggressive, but enough to where people take you seriously, then when you use humor, act the part, you want people to laugh right, then be humorous not in just how you reading the bar, but by expressing just how funny it is to you.

I'm listening.....please continue....

Battle Record
    32-6

Just give your material personality. Be alive. If you're going to joke, do it in a regular everyday manner. Watch some comedy standups, notice how comedians just talk to the audience, and when they deliver the punch they give it a moment to set in and do it with personality. You want to connect with the listener, and you want them to clearly understand what you're saying, that's where the emphasis comes in. Watch some Pat Stay battles. When he says funny shit, he makes you laugh not just because what he said, but how he said it.

Say it with personality.