Awards SS HW Champion PC HOF OM HOF

Morphine

I am stuck in this spectrometer of drops

I eyes close to the point that I see color coded pain

Please decipher yourself and present me with a stable reality

Let me free of these rhythm-less drips

Sing the song the cage bird doesn't want to recite

And I will walk with your thanks.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best Topical Writer: 143

Re: Morphine

Very well placed imagery homie Good shit....
    Thanks for the read man, Ill be keeping an eye out for your drops!! 100

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Morphine
    Yep. Morphine. That potent opiate narcotic that has you stuck in a euphoric time warp, where writing, thinking, speaking, looking and even breathing
    are suddenly not a run of the mill thing anymore. I'm not sure how I feel about morphine. On one hand I like it, on the other, it reminds me of horrible times and depresses my breathing. Then I need the oxygen. I can have my whole body sticking out with needles in hospital but its the oxygen that makes me feel most like a patient.

I am stuck in this spectrometer of drops
    143, just this sentence alone gives me P.T.S.D. Cause you are 'stuck there'
    They want to help you, but all I find myself thinking is....'Bastards plugged me into a wall.'
    And it's amazing how your mind drifts off but your eyes settle on the dripping of morphine.
    Morphine. Drop by drop, takes you to heaven and hell. Morphine, I'm so conflicted by morphine.

I eyes close to the point that I see color coded pain
    Interesting imagery 143. Never thought of pain as anything but pain but you make it more than just a flat word and a feeling.

Please decipher yourself and present me with a stable reality
    lol. Like a stranger in the dark. You can see his shadow, know he's close, but hold an air of uncertainty as to what might
    potentially happen.

Let me free of these rhythm-less drips slight typo...'be free'... I like the focus on the drips though. Something so small and tiny
    has been given huge importance and scope.

Sing the song the cage bird doesn't want to recite '...caged...' Nice sentence here. Love the 'doesn't want to recite' bit.

And I will walk with your thanks.....
    Oh my god, my favourite line by far. This is such a classy, smooth, stunning, light filled line.
    'And I will walk with your thanks...' is beautiful to me.

lol Funny how these small typo's actually add to the representation of you being off your head on morphine.
    I think I tried to write you a pm while I was on the stuff and couldnt even read what the hell I wrote and yet,
    couldn't go back and fix it. Morphine gives you a sense of completion. Whatever you've done, its done. There's no
    going back to change or fix or alter anything. Morphine makes you give what you have and its always enough regardless
    of if its your normal standard of not. Doing anything on morphine is a feat in itself.
    143, I like that you wrote this. It kind of makes me a little unsettled and I think that's a good thing.
    I connected to the haze.

Nice one 143.

Always a pleasure.

Thank you.

Battle Record
    2-3
    Awards PC HOF PS Season champ

Sharp, precise wording makes for a strong read. You really hit with the power you were searching for here. Spectrometer of drops nails down that visual of the color spectrum, and the drops of the morphine sinking into your veins, stuck inside of those drops, almost like you're saying each drop is different when you hit with the 'color coded pain' line. I love that. I'm viewing this through the lens of addiction. The comfortable haze of morphine, but also the irrepressible darkness that rises up from underneath the surface. A painkiller that doesn't kill pain but gives birth to it. Want to be free from it, but it's difficult right? This was on point for me all the way through. Nice to just sit back and enjoy a piece like this that takes time to let the lines breathe.
    “Those whom life does not cure death will. The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and the reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.”