User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Legends Never Die

Legends Never Die

Something from the heart which I normally don't do.

Awards OM HOF

Re: Legends Never Die

This was from the heart or you just tryna get us to listen? Lol

Honestly, I was expecting a song about a dead relative or broken relationship. Whereas here I think you just spit some lyrical shit to a slow beat. In any case that's not a bad thing. You got some nice wordplay so hearing your lyrics naturally makes my ear move a little closer to the speaker in an attempt to catch all the lines you be throwin out there.

In terms of flow I think you did the slow tempo production some justice. Your verse was smooth and laid back and had a melodic quality to it. However, I think you would benifit from a change in rhyme pattern or a flow switch to break up the monotony in parts. Also, a few inflections here and there will bring a little more life to your words and make us feel the conviction.

All in all tho. It was a nice listen. Keep doin ya thing bro.

Thanks for listening!
    This was from the heart or you just tryna get us to listen? Lol
    These are my honest thoughts in regards to one reason why I rap and that is to leave a part of me behind. I think b/c it's so short the full ideas weren't expressed well enough.

Awards OM HOF

Don't take that too serious. I got a very dry sense of humor that rarely translates well thru text. Even in person you might not know when I'm joking. Lol

But nah I knew exactly what you were getting at as soon as you started rapping. Like you said tho...you should definitely expound on the concept some more to really bring it home. Good stuff regardless.

Don't take that too serious. I got a very dry sense of humor that rarely translates well thru text. Even in person you might not know when I'm joking. Lol
    lol yeah I didn't know if it was a legit question or not.

Work on your flow/delivery a lil bit.. sound a lil monotone and some bars are forced. Quality is good. Beat isn't really my type but its okay. Good message. Forward advice: The way you rap when youre writing for text does not translate well in real songs. You really cant force bars that u can in text songs/battles. How you deliver your words are more important than words themselves.

Good song tho.. just some constructive criticism.. you listened to my beat.. maybe check some of my songs? ill post a couple..

Thanks for the listen and critique!

my only complaint really is that it was too short, as an overall track i fell in love with the beat as soon as i heard it...was kind of dissapointed the voice from the begining wasnt used in the hook...

your lyrical and i respect that...but like self activate said i was expecting more of a deeper song content if your gunna say its something from the heart...

this beat is pouring with tons of emotion, and this song deserves a do-over in my opinion because i know you could get alot more personal than that bro...

check out my song sometime

http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...roduced-by-Me)

Thanks!