User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: audio volumes

Atetrack define'

audio volumes

ive been mesing around with cool edit pro 1.2 recently...

i insert the wav. file beat into a track and then try to record the voclas over it,but the voice comes out on an extremely low volume,unless i chenge it up to 20 and the beat volume down to 12 or soemthing...maybe its this shitty ass computer microphone ive got...i dunno,but if someones got a n idea or knows how to help me,let me know,its really buggin me...woulda had some shit done by now,but this problem just fucks everythign up completly...
    oh and also in cool edit 1.2 is there a tool to remove static noise and all that shit like 2.0?if there is can someone tell me where to find it ?...aight thanks

bismillah ir rahmaan ir raheem

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins
    u can do a few things...

It could be the mic... do you have a preamp before u plug it in to the pc? also... are you goin through that tiny ass mic jack that comes with the comp? You need a bigger mic connection. the signal is too weak through the little jack. Also you can take the wav into sound forge 6 and normalize it. This will boost the volume and make it a little bit fuller.

Duce I Rae
    There is a million things you can do for this ... but dont turn up you mic gain in your control panel to much then you will get a bad hiss... to correct that get a noise gate of some kind I use the Nady CL5000 and its cheap and has 3 machines in one ... so it also has a compresser and a limter on it too. bolth very usefull for alot of things. but just try bosting your mic level in your control panels but not to much... If you have a good noise gate plug in use that but use it very carefully as it could take out alot of the iflections in your voice.. so you can also use a bit of EQ'n to top FQ down a few noctchs and that sould help and a good mulit band compression and you should have some good thick and dynamic voices.. if you have any other questions about techecs and stuff just email me and we'll talk.. peace