User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: XXL Freshman 2016

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

XXL Freshman 2016

I dig Desiigner. I'm waiting on him to drop an album. I can see it being real dope. Or completely wack. Lil Yachty got some ok ish. I like that One Night joint and a feature I heard him on. I think he got an album out, I gotta peep it. But based on the 2 tracks I heard, he doesn't really stand out. G Herbo decent sometimes. But I have no idea who anybody on that list is music wise. I've heard their names but don't think I've heard any of their music.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

SirVent
    Battle Record
    13-2
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion Haiku Champion OM HOF PC HOF SOTW

Re: XXL Freshman

Damn the only person I recognize is lil dicky lol, and besides him desiigner is the only other one I've heard of.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the theory of cause and effect is flawed,
    we expect the outcome to mirror the struggle, that's wrong.

Battle Record
    13-5

Quote Originally Posted by Jukon View Post
    Damn the only person I recognize is lil dicky lol, and besides him desiigner is the only other one I've heard of.
    lol, if it wasn't for Spotify I would only know Desiigner. I know who lil dicky is, seen people post videos of him but I never checked him out. I'm about to search for all of these cats I don't know and see what the deal is.

A.i

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

Man this squad is garbage. After Des, the music declines. We're in a different era of hip hop and it's not entertaining.

Battle Record
    13-5

Quote Originally Posted by KnowP View Post
    Man this squad is garbage. After Des, the music declines. We're in a different era of hip hop and it's not entertaining.
    There's a lot of entertaining hip hop out there. I find something new that I like almost every day. It's just the garbo gets put in the spotlight more often than not.

A.i

Battle Record
    277-128
    Awards Cypher Winner 1-2 Punch HW Champion FL Champion Golden Glove Champion 200+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlidge View Post
    There's a lot of entertaining hip hop out there. I find something new that I like almost every day. It's just the garbo gets put in the spotlight more often than not.
    True. Wasn't saying there is no great artist coming forth. Just the mainstream artists that get marketing and promotions make the genre look unruly.

Battle Record
    13-5

Quote Originally Posted by KnowP View Post
    True. Wasn't saying there is no great artist coming forth. Just the mainstream artists that get marketing and promotions make the genre look unruly.
    Not even just the mainstream anymore. A lot of these dudes have a hardcore fan base. I consider the radio mainstream. A lot of these dudes just drop mixtapes. no radio play. people still like it lol. I don't get it sometimes. But then other times I do. people like different stuff. some of it I just happen to consider garbage. lol.

A.i

Battle Record
    13-5

I seen sir locksley go down the list dropping his opinions on the list cuz he hadn't heard of them. I'm about to do the same thing. I'm curious.

A.i

Battle Record
    0-2

Re: XXL Freshman 2016

shit looks like a family reunion at ODB's house...

straight fucking garbage...

sad when Lil Dicky, the least serious rapper there, who literally defines himself as a comic rapper... is the nicest of the whole bunch...

Battle Record
    13-5

Lil Yachty,

this is the song I said I liked. 1 Night. Mind you, I'm engaged lol. This shit catchy to me though. them high notes in the background and shit lol. I dig it. I wanna hear another one of his songs thought. idk wth is up with the video though.

I checked out his mixtape, wasn't digging anything else besides that 1 Night track lol. But here's the feature I said I heard him on. I like it more for the other cat thought. Yachty kinda corn on this one. 1 track outta 14 is booty. Can't even count the feature smh. It ain't his.

Desiigner,

Everybody had to have heard this by now. You either love it or hate it. I love it. I hated it at first though. Never seen the video til now. I think it's dope.

Never heard this, wouldn't listen to it again but it ain't bad.

That's his freshman video. I think that ish fire. I wanna hear what he does with an album/mixtape now.

Dave East,

I like this, but I swear I heard it about 100 times by 100 different other rappers. Ima peep another track.

Blah, he rapping like Kevin Gates (my favorite artist to listen to lately) on a Kevin Gates beat. Sounding like someone else isn't dope to me. He need something to stand out.

His Freshman video isn't out yet so I checked another track. Again, if I'm gonna listen to you sound like someone else I rather just listen to who you sound like lol. I like all 3 of the tracks but wouldn't listen to them again cuz they sound like what I like in the artists they steal their sound from.

Denzel Curry,

I gotta hear another one. this caught me off guard. ish knocks. I might like him.

Yea I can mess with this cat.

I thought this was kind of a let down. I usually think the Freshman drops are though for some reason. He needed to do something different since it was acapella imo.

to be continued... says I can't post anymore videos.

A.i

Battle Record
    13-5

G Herbo,

I like this ish. About to check something else out though.

Yea, I thought he was nice when I heard a couple tracks from him a while ago.

Didn't drop his Freshman video yet so I peeped another track. This got that flow I hear a lot of people use. I like the other 2 tracks more. I would listen to them again. Not this one.

Lil Uzi Vert,

I cut this off by like 50 seconds in, that was pushing it trying to wait to see if it took a turn. This ish trash.

Not as bad as the last track, but I cut this one off too.

No Freshman video yet so I checked out a 3rd track. This dude is booty crust.

Lil Dicky,

I mess with this.

Lmao he's a fool. I would never listen to this again, but I ain't mad at him.

I seen something about an album I'm gonna check it out. He talk funny lol. He ain't bad though. 2nd favorite on the list so far after Desiigner.

Anderson.Paak,

I like this, a lot.

Giving me a Kendrick vibe. But I dig this too.

He's facking dope. Gotta hear his album.

21 Savage,

Eh, I cut it off.

His song titles are super creative -_- so is his flow... better than the last track but I cut it off too. I can't dig sounding like a carbon copy. At least have something different about you.

Basura. cut this ish tf off. He's dumpster juice.

damn, gotta make another post lol.

A.i

Battle Record
    13-5

Kodak Black,

Oh no, he skrrt skrrt'n too... Yea, no.

Nah

Better than his tracks, but I can't rock with it.

Anderson.Paak
    Desiigner
    G Herbo
    Lil Dicky
    Denzel Curry
    Dave East

is how I would rate the list. the other dudes don't count, they trash.

A.i

Battle Record
    13-5

Quote Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
    shit looks like a family reunion at ODB's house...

straight fucking garbage...

sad when Lil Dicky, the least serious rapper there, who literally defines himself as a comic rapper... is the nicest of the whole bunch...
    lollllll yea it does. I disagree with Lil Dicky being the nicest though.

A.i

Battle Record
    13-5

This dude is my new favorite artist.

A.i

Battle Record
    277-128

Full listening season tomorrow lol