User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Friday Releases

Battle Record
    7-1

Friday Releases

With the "surprise" albums and digital releases, music release day has shifted from Tuesday to Friday in what seems to be the last year. Considering most of you don't purchase albums anyways... I guess this doesn't affect you but do service exclusives entice you to software such as tidal, apple music, or beats music? Are these now more relevant than a label?

Could you ink a deal with Spotify and never need a Def Jam? I think we will see that happen within the next 5 years. Artists will go direct to stream and services like this will front the costs of albums and start collecting rosters of artists.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Re: Friday Releases

Quote Originally Posted by Pair-A-Dyce View Post
    With the "surprise" albums and digital releases, music release day has shifted from Tuesday to Friday in what seems to be the last year. Considering most of you don't purchase albums anyways... I guess this doesn't affect you but do service exclusives entice you to software such as tidal, apple music, or beats music? Are these now more relevant than a label?

Could you ink a deal with Spotify and never need a Def Jam? I think we will see that happen within the next 5 years. Artists will go direct to stream and services like this will front the costs of albums and start collecting rosters of artists.
    Definitely setting up to be something like that. I just stick with Spotify though. If it ain't on there I ask lil chico down the block to hook it up. Eff downloading all those other apps.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit