User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: quarter

quarter

After Father died,
    she left home on the morning of Easter Grace. She told me, “son, I’ll see ya. Won’t you be a good boy, and just stay?” "Tell me, why are you leaving?" I think she couldn’t stand to see his face. She told me on the steps, “boy, don’t you sleep through the gorgeous days.”

Foster Child,
    come and stay a little while, and you best say your morning's Grace. Jesus Christ didn’t save your life so that you could go and throw it away. He don't need no heathen, child. Go sit in your corner and think. Don’t make me hit ya now. Good little boys obey.

Won’t ya tell me there, Teacher,
    won't ya tell me there's a War in the States? Tell me bout our leader that the Good Lord born to be great. I only know I don’t need ya. No, ya only want me to conform to your tastes. I don’t need no job neither. You best believe I’m worth more than you think.

From couch to couch,
    I made my miles baking in the Georgian haze. She was from Oklahoma. Told me those boys only wanted to play. She only knows she don't dance anymore. She was concerned more with the drink. Pointing at the jukebox, she said, “A quarter’s worth more in the bank.”

i don't make dance music.

Re: quarter

Zen I honestly don't know what to think about this one. Can I say I love the twang
    It has? I don't mean to offend but I felt like when I read it, in my head it was being
    Read by a slave. It had that tone, almost innocent yet ignorant taste. I don't say those
    Things to suggest bad. This was quite good. I just don't know where to place it lol. Good
    To read your work again.
    DamNation

Battle Record
    1-3
    Awards PC HOF Haiku Season Champion

Re: quarter

Reading this, I can almost hear it in song form. Reads a little like lyrics. I think it could make a good song actually. The narrative is strong, the characterisation is strong. Good read, could be a good listen.