User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: my ultimate guide to multi-syllable rhyming

You've Earned a Custom Title! ronnie the don's Avatar

my ultimate guide to multi-syllable rhyming

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syllable

A word that consists of a single syllable (like English dog) is called a monosyllable (and is said to be monosyllabic). Similar terms include disyllable (and disyllabic; also bisyllable and bisyllabic) for a word of two syllables; trisyllable (and trisyllabic) for a word of three syllables; and polysyllable (and polysyllabic), which may refer either to a word of more than three syllables or to any word of more than one syllable.

basically a syllable is any letter with a e u o i

What are multis?
    Multi is short for “multi-syllable rhyme.” Multis are strings of phrases in which more than one syllable rhymes Multis can be 2 3, 4 syllable (etc…) rhymes.

Normal rhyme: rat / hat
    Multi rhyme blue hat / new rat

they don't have rhyme in the same order and every syllable don't have to rhyme in the phrase

so long as u are rhyming more then one syllable.

rat / hat

this is not a multi because only rat and hat rhyme nothing else rhymes.

blue hat / new the rat 2nd example

this is not a multisyllable rhyme the 2nd example

it's a uneven phrase yeah blue and new rhyme and hat and rat rhyme
    but the flow is terrible because one phrase has 2 syllables in it

and the other phrase has 3 syllables in it.

a even phrase and a good rhyme scheme has the same amount of syllables in it and actually rhymes

new rat / blue hat

this is better because the phrase has the same amount of syllables and they both rhyme equally

and rhymes don't have to be perfect u can use similar rhymes aka slant rhyme.
    Last edited by ronnie the don; March 25th, 2016 at 04:13 PM

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

Re: my ultimate guide to multi-syllable rhyming

This is ground breaking stuff Ronnie in glad we have u around

Battle Record
    0-2

i picture this dude in his parents basement..
    and not by choice like the stereotypical loser...
    but they locked him in there to protect him from himself... he cannot function socially in ANY type of society...
    they got this little slot where they push in plates of food and childrens books...

the books become more complicated every 4 years...at 18 he was reading at a 2nd grade level....by 22 he will be at a third grade level, and so on...
    they also bathe him using a custom sandblaster that feeds water through instead....they dont want to touch him, they might catch the derp too...

but...theyre biding their time... they figure as time passes, they will be able to profit off of, and even become millionaires because of their lyrical genius son...

well good on you, ronnies parents!!! when life gives you autism, squirt lemons in its eye until it shuts the fuck up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Okay, I finally laughed. Finally made me crack at "other phrase has 3 syllables." Kudos.