User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: "America is built off religion and freedom" but built with war.

Coal to the furnace Cody Phoenix's Avatar
    Awards OM HOF

"America is built off religion and freedom" but built with war.

Your reason for church is the same reason to fight wars,
    so you can point that gun to my brain!
    It'd do nothing but release something I'd say,
    far worse than anyone of you think!
    Because at the end of the day?
    NOTHING WILL CHANGE,
    someone will pay
    and you and me are nothing but PAWNS in the GAME!
    So to tell me to believe in GOD
    like he'll come to save us and change everyone and their fate,
    I'll laugh in your face.
    go to a chapel, burn the bible and wait...
    I'm a depressed happy cunt. Don't fuck with me. I love you, but I'm crazy.[/I]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Re: "America is built off religion and freedom" but built with war.

pretty straight forward rant. would have been cool if you were to get a little more insightful or deeper into the emotive aspect rather than listing off exclamations - just because it is a very explored concept. so it would have been great to see some unique ties between religion and conflict.
    po'ethics /
    abstanticollective.

Battle Record
    2-3
    Awards PC HOF PS Season champ

This isn't the most original concept in the world, but hey, nothing is really 'original' in the strictest sense of the word anymore. Everything is partially inspired by something, at least it is usually. Anyway, you can take this concept and put a spin on it with words we might not expect. As it stands, it's a rant piece. The point is made, and it's clear. I feel the anger of the speaker. The feeling of sorrow and... helplessness at the idea of 'nothing will change'. That hits home for me. Pawns in the game is a bit of a cliche piece of wording. Your ending is the strongest for this. Laughing in the face of a preacher for God, burning the bible inside of a chapel and waiting as the flames lick the air? That, that was dope. That was powerful. Clearly you've got a talent for imagery in your head. I'd really love to sit down and see something you fully develop and tie the strings between religious believes and the conflicts of our lives. You've got the emotion down, and tone is seriously important. Just my thoughts. I like your style pHX
    “Those whom life does not cure death will. The world is quite ruthless in selecting between the dream and the reality, even where we will not. Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.”

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

cool little piece my friend. I like the fact that it goes fast and has a grunt about it.
    That last line was a killer. Brilliantly worded.
    Would have liked you have delved more into the scope of things, and given us more to think about.
    Or maybe given us more of your reasoning. Regardless, I enjoyed this. I liked the anger in it.
    I like the fact that you went hell bent with frustration.
    That was cool.
    I just needed a bit more, to sink into your mindset, and stay there for a while, and believe it more, and
    convert my 'god loving' ways lol

not that i didnt believe it. i did. what you said in a short amount of lines was good.
    I just wanted to sink...get it?...in your sand...and drown with you a bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.